What's new

Picture of the Day

True.
Ghazi jee, i have very distant memory of my grandmother's old haveli. The partition walls between various houses were small but families lived like one unit. I remember they all use to sit together at teatime in the main verandah of my grandmother's father house. Those people had insight and they build those small families and communities. I remeber, the women voluntarily enforced pardah when going outside but today the modern pakistani women says 'how dare, this is the modern age'.

74634409_2934552649900849_9105541193931948032_o.jpg

True.
Ghazi jee, i have very distant memory of my grandmother's old haveli. The partition walls between various houses were small but families lived like one unit. I remember they all use to sit together at teatime in the main verandah of my grandmother's father house. Those people had insight and they build those small families and communities. I remeber, the women voluntarily enforced pardah when going outside but today the modern pakistani women says 'how dare, this is the modern age'.

Love that time.

I grew up in Faisalabad and didn't see this until I visited Sahiwal and loved the whole idea and the sense of community. Simple, sincere people... Simple times!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom