What's new

Picture of the Day

2011-04-01-09-21-39-3.jpeg

An ammunition belt hangs over a car door painted in the colours of the rebel Kingdom of Libya flag near Brega in eastern Libya.

2011-04-01-09-21-04-1.jpeg

Spain's Princess Letizia (L) looks on as a member of the honour guard is assisted after passing out during a parade before the arrival of Britain's Prince Charles at the Pardo Palace outside Madrid.

And therefore they tell you to keep moving your toes while you are standing so that the blood circulation is not affected.

pictures-of-week-0304110-05_065528.jpg

An Afghan child plays with the gun of a US soldier from 1st Regiment 320 Field Artillary 101st Airbourne during the opening ceremony for a newly completed mosque in the village of Tarok Kolache in southern Kandahar province on April 1, 2011 where the US military is funding its rebuilding. In October 2010 Tarok Kolache was completely destroyed by US forces after the Taliban had ousted the villagers and mined the village and surrounding areas.

pictures-of-week-0304110-03_065514.jpg

A Libyan child sits playing on the canon of a destroyed tank in the strategic oil town of Ajdabiya east of Tripoli, on March 29, 2011, as international powers gathered in London to map out a post-Kadhafi future for Libya.

pictures-of-week-0304110-12_065619.jpg

Boys jump into the wather on the first sunny spring day, in Malmo, Sweden, Saturday, April 2, 2011. The temperature in Malmo reached 17 degrees Celsius (63 degrees Fahrenheit), signalling the end of an unusually long and hard winter.

pictures-of-week-0304110-10_065603.jpg

A statue of Hotei Buddha sits in the debris in the tsunami-destroyed town of Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, northern Japan Friday, April 1, 2011. (AP Photo/Vincent Yu)

In spite of my criticisms of Pres. Ahmadinejad, you should know he is a humble man and doesn't parade around as a flamboyant statesmen, he chooses to live simply even though wealth and power is at his hands, this is a trait I respect. When you laugh at Pres. Ahmadinejad for sitting down with who I imagine is his wife and possibly a relative, both who are dressed conservatively and modestly in front of cameras, just remember the Prophet Muhammad SAW also had his wives wear the veil (AFAIK).

Islam believes in people dressing modestly no matter what time period they are living in. Now with that said, I personally don't support wearing of burqas or niqab's as I believe there are many negatives to that but simply dressing modestly is nothing to laugh at someone for.

Regards, A1Kaid
What was Immodest in the earlier picture??? The women have wore proper gown.. There hands are covered... I can't see any thing immodest there....

Nazi war plane lying off UK coast is intact.

r68895764.jpg

A rare World War II German bomber, shot down over the English Channel in 1940 and hidden for years by shifting sands at the bottom of the sea, is so well preserved a British museum wants to raise it.

Nazi war plane lying off UK coast is intact.

r68895764.jpg

A rare World War II German bomber, shot down over the English Channel in 1940 and hidden for years by shifting sands at the bottom of the sea, is so well preserved a British museum wants to raise it.

why did they brought it down in the first place?now they will waste taxpayers money to raise it......same way they would be raising libyan airplanes after 60,70 years which they bringing down now

Dean Potter

With no rope to save him, Dean Potter scales a route on Glacier Point called Heaven.… (Mikey Schaefer/National Geographic)

capt.f1ce8ba9a9439943c5bbe7f730a1c76a.jpeg

2010_part1_01.jpg

The space shuttle Endeavour is silhouetted against the backdrop of Earth's horizon prior to docking with the International Space Station in this picture taken by an Expedition 22 crew member on February 9, 2010 and released by NASA February 12, 2010. REUTERS/NASA/Handout

2010_part1_04.jpg

Graves are seen through the window of an abandoned cemetery care-taker's hut in Cape Town's Khayelitsha township February 27, 2010. Many of those buried in the cemetery died from AIDS or related complications such as tuberculosis (TB). Some 5.7 million people live with HIV/AIDS in South Africa, more per capita than any other country - while 33 million people live with the disease worldwide. Despite having the world's highest number of people receiving antiretroviral therapy -- about 850,000 -- there are millions more who cannot access the life-saving drugs they need, either because they are too expensive or simply not available. This leads to more than 350,000 HIV related deaths each year in the country. REUTERS/Finbarr O'Reilly

Back
Top Bottom