What's new

Picture of the Day

kids_in_nature2_paul_barwick.jpg

Nature-Best-Photography-of-200713.jpg

47941_437403347242_806557242_4996171_3612154_n.jpg

A notice displayed by the Turkish Electricity Distribution Company in a neighbourhood where electricity theft is rampant. The banner reads: "If you heat water by stolen electricity, no wudhu (ablution) and ghusl (body-wash) are valid, and y...ou cannot wash janaza (mortal remains) with that water, too."
Tickling at people's religious sentiments in a secular setting?

no offense to anyone

Hi,

In the 70's I would go to say prayers in a mosque in pakistan till my father found out that it was contstructed on a piece of property without the permission from the landowner---my father never went back to that place to offer the prayers and neither did I.

Ali Mumtaz travelled to Makkli to volunteer in the makeshift camp; he documents his experience in the following photos and text.

ali-mumtaz-flood-children-04.jpg

It's bittersweet; part of me is heartbroken when I see the condition they live in, but only one smile away lies a world of hope and joy.

VBK-DIP-GAGAN_AP_266092g.jpg

India's Gagan Narang takes aims during the qualifying round of the men's singles 50m rifle 3 position at the CWG 2010 at the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi. Narang won gold in the event. Photo: PTI

DEL_2_265500g.jpg

An aerobatic display by Surya Kiran team of IAF during 78th Air Force Day parade at Hindon. Photo: Shanker Chakravarty

space_museum__12__j_263876g.jpg

A view of the GSLV mark III which is under developmen

STA_266125g.jpg

A Malaysian player strikes a wrestling pose with a Canadian player for a picture in front of historic Taj Mahal during a visit to Agra, Uttar Pradesh. Photo: PTI

Back
Top Bottom