What's new

Picture of the Day

^^^^ Lol. Reminds me of the Fuqing class Auxiliary vessel PN operates.

How do post a pic?.........i have tried checkin previous post but can seem to find it.

A simple step by step approach would be helpful.:smitten:

How do post a pic?.........i have tried checkin previous post but can seem to find it.

I don't know ALL the ways. But what I do it this:

1)Find a picture you like, save it as an image and reformat it so that it is a JPEG file in a folder on your desktop that you can find when a "browse" option is presented.

2)Go to your PDF user profile page and select or create photo album (a frame on the right hand side). Create and name a new photo album for your posting pictures. I call mine "images for posting".

3)Open the album you have created by clicking on its name and at the bottom left hand there is an icon "upload images". click this.

4)This window allows you to browse on your desktop for a photo to upload. Click a browse line and find the JPEG file you previously stored and "open" it. This puts the JPEG photo address into the browse line. Do it again in a second line for another photo if you want. And so on.

5)Go to the bottom of this window and click "upload pictures".

6)After the upload is complete a new window opens allowing you to see the uploaded picture. If it is OK then click "save changes" at the bottom of this window.

7)The saved photo now appears as a thumbnail in your photo album. Now click the picture itself in the photo album

8)The picture itself now opens in a window and at the bottom there is both a "picture url" and a "BB code" provided in a window.

9)Copy the BB code on to your scratch memory (ctrl C) and now you have it saved and available to paste onto your post, for example onto a "reply" on the picture of the day thread. For example the BB code for my picture above looks like (minus a slash so the code phrase will print out here and not put the photo there):

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members/truthseeker-albums-images-posting-picture585-fook.jpg[IMG]

10)Paste (crtl V) the BB code onto your reply post. The system will then retrieve the photo when it encounters this link and put your picture into the post in the place where the BB code was inserted.

I hope this is understandable. There may be an easier way. Please add your "method" if it is easier!!

PS. The picture must remain in your photo album at that address "forever" if the system is to be able to find it when someone views the page. I think ....:undecided:

Last edited:

Ok what Truthseeker said is right for righ people, I got lost in his Instruction after 2. See people like us need desi directions.

1/ find a photo you like, right click on it and it will say SAVE IMAGE AS click that the photo folder will open and the phto goes into it it will ask you to name the photo, Name it what ever you like e.g defpk01.
2./ now goto photobucket.com rigester your self takes 10 sec.
3/ sign in on the righ side of photobucket it will say upload photo, Click there your photo folder will open up the photo you want to past on the form which was defpk01 ckick that and the photo will automatically come on the photobucket page.
4/ there will be 4 links under every photo goto Direct link higlight it right click copy come to the forum the Yellow box which has 2 mountains and a sun click that a box will open just past the link you copied . when you click submit the photo will be there.:enjoy:

Another from my camera's eye...

b1633802e0583a36f0ee847cb50c2dd1.jpg

A Thanks for the one who can give me its 'local' name!!! :)

Last edited:
Here is my granddaughter, future US President in 2057:

Madame President Truthseeker, 2057

Ok what Truthseeker said is right for righ people, I got lost in his Instruction after 2. See people like us need desi directions.

1/ find a photo you like, right click on it and it will say SAVE IMAGE AS click that the photo folder will open and the phto goes into it it will ask you to name the photo, Name it what ever you like e.g defpk01.
2./ now goto photobucket.com rigester your self takes 10 sec.
3/ sign in on the righ side of photobucket it will say upload photo, Click there your photo folder will open up the photo you want to past on the form which was defpk01 ckick that and the photo will automatically come on the photobucket page.
4/ there will be 4 links under every photo goto Direct link higlight it right click copy come to the forum the Yellow box which has 2 mountains and a sun click that a box will open just past the link you copied . when you click submit the photo will be there.:enjoy:

PDF = Pakistan Defense Forum

For my method you don't use photobucket because your image is stored in your photo album account on the PDF site here, instead of being stored on photobucket's site. Yes, you first have to get the image onto your desktop as a JPEG file. If you right click an image on a web page you are looking at, the menu will let you "save image as" which you then name. Usually it will save as a JPEG file right onto your desktop.

Last Moments of Boeing Civilian Jet!Crashed and killed all passengers!
04030a9cb31702636bd761c45e4e914f.jpg

Pakistan's Pre 71 Map
eeeefd7e197232ea61b8c9924967629a.jpg

B1 Bomber Taking off from Island (Near Maldives)
4ee0b8b69bf093b5628f37fb38b0b556.jpg

Take a look at these.

15d9e1a1e41069265c94eb25695bc286.jpg

86e8b8b0a3754e5ad894673a2464d32a.jpg

"Ice Storm Van" Shhh Get out the Shovels, ehh more like a blow torch!

"Dumb Blond Joke"

943f7d970d80d3b6bba77f9f095b8c53.jpg

What the Planet Mars may have looked like with water and life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom