What's new

PIA to acquire B787-800 in May

lol, the Hajj operations are for a limited time though. What about the rest of the year?

I think we use our old 747-300 for Hajj operations sometimes.

And i dont intend to sit in that.

Dude we fly long haul flights. People are not chickens. You sit through a Khi to Vancouver and then tell.

Its meant to be part of service. Luxury

I hope new livery is better than the ones we see on PIA now, the worst in 40 years.

Interesting......

Smart choice i would assume......

We should look for a couple of 747-8 as well since A380 needs airports we cant afford nor its long term feasibility.

But i was hoping for a Bombardier type solution. Hmm next time i guess
PIA had no other option other than getting the B787-800 once Boeing opted to end production of B777-300.

B747-8 are not as viable options as the B777-300's. which carry almost similar passengers as that flown on B747's with less fuel consumption.

We don't have enough demand to fill a plane like Boeing 747-8. But I agree, it's a smart choice to go for the 787.
The demand for B747-8 is there but option of B777-300 is also there which carries almost identical loads.
There are Passengers available for Saudia and UAE unfortunately B747-8 will not be flown from Quetta, Multan or Peshawar as these airports are not designed for these aircraft.

Man you have no idea.

Plus we can use it for hajj instead of sending hajis on flying coffins lol
PIA's F27's were called flying coffins however these aircraft never flew hajis.

lol, the Hajj operations are for a limited time though. What about the rest of the year?

I think we use our old 747-300 for Hajj operations sometimes.
B747-300 have been grounded for years, these flights are being done with B777's. Please search before you comment.

Haj and Ummrah is available 10 months out of 12, however most people think it is only a 4 month period. If you see the number of people going to perform ummrah you would understand the requirement of aircraft is there.

An aircraft average months in there air per annum comes out to be 10 month where as the remaining days are for periodic maintenance.

PIA's F27's were called flying coffins however these aircraft never flew hajis.
I know
PIA had no other option other than getting the B787-800 once Boeing opted to end production of B777-300.

B747-8 are not as viable options as the B777-300's. which carry almost similar passengers as that flown on B747's with less fuel consumption.

747-8 is very fuel efficient sir.
787- has delivery issues and questionable batteries

777 line was the biggest scam i know of but i wont say a word.

I am questioning the business sense not technical of it Sir

B747-300 have been grounded for years, these flights are being done with B777's. Please search before you comment.

Haj and Ummrah is available 10 months out of 12, however most people think it is only a 4 month period. If you see the number of people going to perform ummrah you would understand the requirement of aircraft is there.

An aircraft average months in there air per annum comes out to be 10 month where as the remaining days are for periodic maintenance.
I have done my research, the 747-300 have been grounded for several years but did you know PIA used them to extract expacts stuck in Yemen? We have used them for Hajj operations after they were retired. Search it.

I know

What about the A330? It’s the same class as a 777 but a lot cheaper.

Over A350s dead body.

Yeah but its middle of mix. The most inefficient for our markets.

The 320 neo may interest us

I know

B747-8 is an intercontinental aircraft, which indicates that it is going t be economical on long to very long distances i.e of flight hours 14 or grater. However the flights PIA would most likely fly are not more than 5 hours which does not make it feasible.

If PIA opted for B747-8 to Fly to USA, Canada or Australia then the required passengers are an issue.

Regarding the issues concerning B787's you should search first as those have been addressed. Today the batteries that are being used are those used on B777's. Delivery dates are adjustable on various factors, if you see over the past 3 years there are many cancellations on orders of B787 so slots are available.

If you look at the time when PIA had actually ordered for the B777-300's then these aircraft would have been already in PIA's fleet for the last 4 years if not more. The reasons why PIA requested to change to B787's was it had to fill in the slots of A310-300's as well as to minimise the losses of technical landing on USA flights.

Initially PIA wanted Boeing to change the B777 order to B737's but this was not allowed by Boeing. Had this option been allowed A320's and the wet leased B737-800's would not have been required.

B747-8 is an intercontinental aircraft, which indicates that it is going t be economical on long to very long distances i.e of flight hours 14 or grater. However the flights PIA would most likely fly are not more than 5 hours which does not make it feasible.

If PIA opted for B747-8 to Fly to USA, Canada or Australia then the required passengers are an issue.

Regarding the issues concerning B787's you should search first as those have been addressed. Today the batteries that are being used are those used on B777's. Delivery dates are adjustable on various factors, if you see over the past 3 years there are many cancellations on orders of B787 so slots are available.

If you look at the time when PIA had actually ordered for the B777-300's then these aircraft would have been already in PIA's fleet for the last 4 years if not more. The reasons why PIA requested to change to B787's was it had to fill in the slots of A310-300's as well as to minimise the losses of technical landing on USA flights.

Initially PIA wanted Boeing to change the B777 order to B737's but this was not allowed by Boeing. Had this option been allowed A320's and the wet leased B737-800's would not have been required.

Agreed to the full extent of the text. Thats why i said 777 was a scam. Contractual burden was harsh on PIA

I have done my research, the 747-300 have been grounded for several years but did you know PIA used them to extract expacts stuck in Yemen? We have used them for Hajj operations after they were retired. Search it.
PIA had only one B747-300 airworthy at that time hence that was used. Moreover this was covered under emergency clause where what ever assist is available will be used on state service. Airlines schedule planed groundings and ground the aircraft fleet as per the schduled replacement requirments.

Airlines never ground entire fleets unless and until they are told to do under initial investigation report if an aircrash has taken place. If you may have read about the Qantas A380 incident where one of the engines blew up, the investigators grounded not just the Qantas fleet but all A380's using similar engines.

Though this question is not addressed to me still like to answer.
A330 is similar to B777 but there are differences of operational costs. PIA is known to have used both Boeing and Airbus aircraft hence the required technical qualifications are available. However A330 was a good option for PIA when it was planning to replace the A300's in the late 80's however PIA opted for a more conventional aircraft i.e A310-300.

At the time PIA was looking at a suitable replacement for B747's in the late 90's B777 and A340-500 were looked upon. Again the issue came up of conventional aircraft hence the option of B777.

Now if we look at B777 and B787 they are one of a kind i.e the maintenance and crew requirements are identical. This cuts costs and better utilisation of human resources.

Relatives of Pakistan politicians would be hired and eventually it would be x10 more expensive to operate as compare to Emirates.

Looking forward to Emirates 777 skylounge.
AR-180409988.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20180401134112

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/business/aviation/emirates-to-unveil-glass-skylounge-in-2020-
Wouldn’t that cause greenhouse effect and cook everything inside? It’s gonna be dangerous having sun rays pass through and being trapped in the plane.

PIA had only one B747-300 airworthy at that time hence that was used. Moreover this was covered under emergency clause where what ever assist is available will be used on state service. Airlines schedule planed groundings and ground the aircraft fleet as per the schduled replacement requirments.

Airlines never ground entire fleets unless and until they are told to do under initial investigation report if an aircrash has taken place. If you may have read about the Qantas A380 incident where one of the engines blew up, the investigators grounded not just the Qantas fleet but all A380's using similar engines.

Though this question is not addressed to me still like to answer.
A330 is similar to B777 but there are differences of operational costs. PIA is known to have used both Boeing and Airbus aircraft hence the required technical qualifications are available. However A330 was a good option for PIA when it was planning to replace the A300's in the late 80's however PIA opted for a more conventional aircraft i.e A310-300.

At the time PIA was looking at a suitable replacement for B747's in the late 90's B777 and A340-500 were looked upon. Again the issue came up of conventional aircraft hence the option of B777.

Now if we look at B777 and B787 they are one of a kind i.e the maintenance and crew requirements are identical. This cuts costs and better utilisation of human resources.
Cheers mate.

I was also thinking that it does not look like the interior of 787 at all
They tweeted it(on April 1st) as a premium high end feature that will be available soon...but of course it's a joke.

Though if some materials exist that will allow this...it would be good for business.

They tweeted it(on April 1st) as a premium high end feature that will be available soon...but of course it's a joke.

Though if some materials exist that will allow this...it would be good for business.
I like the business class of Etihad, Qatar, Qantas and Singapore air. But I don't expect anything positive from PIA unless and until we get rid of the incompetent politically motivated appointments and right size as per international standards, train them and make it under a strict rule for some time under army's control for some aspects.

Back
Top Bottom