What's new

PIA pilot fights purser for not placing specific air hostess inside cockpit

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

632308-PIA-1384497502-140-640x480.JPG

ISLAMABAD: A fight broke out between a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) purser and pilot after the former refused to station a specific air hostess inside the cockpit as requested by the pilot, Express News reported on Friday.

On rejection, pilot Riffat of PK791 refused to acknowledge the purser Ghulam Mustafa as aircraft manager and made him fly back to Pakistan from Birmingham as a passenger on a separate plane.

The purser – who was travelling back to Pakistan without a visa – was arrested by the immigration officials at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA). Aircraft workers generally do not need to have a visa when they are travelling on international flights, but in this instance, the purser was on the plane as a normal passenger.

After his arrest, the purser informed PIA management about the incident.

PIA pilot fights purser for not placing specific air hostess inside cockpit – The Express Tribune

632308-PIA-1384497502-140-640x480.JPG

ISLAMABAD: A fight broke out between a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) purser and pilot after the former refused to station a specific air hostess inside the cockpit as requested by the pilot, Express News reported on Friday.

On rejection, pilot Riffat of PK791 refused to acknowledge the purser Ghulam Mustafa as aircraft manager and made him fly back to Pakistan from Birmingham as a passenger on a separate plane.

The purser – who was travelling back to Pakistan without a visa – was arrested by the immigration officials at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA). Aircraft workers generally do not need to have a visa when they are travelling on international flights, but in this instance, the purser was on the plane as a normal passenger.

After his arrest, the purser informed PIA management about the incident.

PIA pilot fights purser for not placing specific air hostess inside cockpit – The Express Tribune

One question: why would a Pakistani National; in this case the Purser Mr.Ghulam Mustafa need a visa to fly back to and enter his own country, i.e. Pakistan?
How on earth could he be arrested for this by the Immigration Authorities of his homeland?

One question: why would a Pakistani National; in this case the Purser Mr.Ghulam Mustafa need a visa to fly back to and enter his own country, i.e. Pakistan?
How on earth could he be arrested for this by the Immigration Authorities of his homeland?

I think the FIA also checks the exit stamp of the county of origin, or a visa of the country of origin.

And under what authority did the pilot send the purser back to Pakistan? Such decisions can only be taken by the management and not by any employee, like this pilot is. He doesn't own PIA nor is he the CEO/COO. Or are PIA pilots authorized to do whatever they please?

Secondly getting an air hostess into the cockpit is against the rules. And that too a specific air hostess! WTF did he want to do with her? I thought screwing around in the cockpit is forbidden, however hard-up one feels? :kiss3:

So what is the Country of Origin of Mr.Ghulam Mustafa then? Is he an Alien in Pakistan?

I meant country of origin of the flight, i.e the UK in this case.

Since he didn't have a visa of the UK, he didn't have any exit stamp.

So what was his status then;
Was he an Alien in Pakistan?
Was he a Deportee from the UK?

What were the grounds to arrest him in Pakistan?

if he is a pakistani national he wont need UK visa to land in pakistan. Pakistani passport will suffice.

Secondly getting an air hostess into the cockpit is against the rules. And that too a specific air hostess! WTF did he want to do with her? I thought screwing around in the cockpit is forbidden, however hard-up one feels? :kiss3:

Now you know what causes all that turbulence on the international flights :D

So what was his status then;
Was he an Alien in Pakistan?
Was he a Deportee from the UK?

What were the grounds to arrest him in Pakistan?

Illegal exit from the UK.

The FIA is checking whether he exited from the UK in a legal way or not.

Illegal exit from the UK.

The FIA is checking whether he exited from the UK in a legal way or not.

He was a proper manifested passenger, on a legally cleared and recorded Commercial Flight! Or was he a Stowaway?
How could he exit UK illegally? How could PIA consider him to be an "OK to board" passenger and embark him otherwise?

This matter is either too murky, or too absurd.

Back
Top Bottom