WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PIA getting:

5 new 777-300ER
5 used ATR-72
10 used A320

They would start arriving starting I think January. The used planes are going under checks and then will be painted to PIA livery. PIA accepted bids for these aircraft few months ago. There are also 5 Boeing 77-300ER on options, but not sure if PIA will exercise the rights, considering how they're in debt.

@imiakhtar

They don't have money to pay PSO for fuel for current fleet.......how are they going to fill up the belly of 777s?
And please tell me, which profitable long haul routes does PIA operate that it needs 5 more 777s?

PIA already have to many people to control these new aircraft in feet. I think they should avoid to hire more persons.

on hold for now.

Thank God...I dont want to see something hoisting our countrys flag to be privatized...like not an asset of the country itself

They don't have money to pay PSO for fuel for current fleet.......how are they going to fill up the belly of 777s?
And please tell me, which profitable long haul routes does PIA operate that it needs 5 more 777s?

hahahaha LOL...dude they are doing better than before...now lets agree that rome wasnt built in a day....this time though they are using 777-300s for dubai routes...which is way much better and a reason why we chose PIA this time..

As long as the planes off for itself, it's perfectly fine to get more planes, specially since they have labor.

Also the debt is in millions, hence it's easy to pay monthly rent for the plane

Thank God...I dont want to see something hoisting our countrys flag to be privatized...like not an asset of the country itself

hahahaha LOL...dude they are doing better than before...now lets agree that rome wasnt built in a day....this time though they are using 777-300s for dubai routes...which is way much better and a reason why we chose PIA this time..
They will be using a320s once they get more.

It's not cost effective to use 777s. They'd rather have a320 serving dubai direct from small cities like peshawar, quetta, sialkot etc. Also they need 777s for other routes.

But quite stupid for them to order 777 instead of a330 or 787, which are more appropriate for routes like paris, london, frankfurt and so forth.

They should fire more persons from PIA.
indeed.

recently they shut down office in australia, where pia doesn't even fly!

First of all, privatization not that mean, that Government of Pakistan's share in PIA will be ended.

I think Government will Privatize 24% shares, and remaining 76% shares will be in Government Hands, after privatization of 24% or 25% shares, the Management will be changed, and if new management will bring PIA into profitable institution, then 75% of Profit will be in Governments kitty.

Congrats to PIA for new planes

PIA should get into a deal with Emirates to take their retiring planes as they tend to change their fleet planes quite often

As long as the planes off for itself, it's perfectly fine to get more planes, specially since they have labor.

Also the debt is in millions, hence it's easy to pay monthly rent for the plane

They will be using a320s once they get more.

It's not cost effective to use 777s. They'd rather have a320 serving dubai direct from small cities like peshawar, quetta, sialkot etc. Also they need 777s for other routes.

But quite stupid for them to order 777 instead of a330 or 787, which are more appropriate for routes like paris, london, frankfurt and so forth.

indeed.

recently they shut down office in australia, where pia doesn't even fly!

Some times the calculations prove that a bigger aircraft is more profitable. Emirates & Etihad both fly A330 or B777 on UAE Pakistan sectors.

Some times the calculations prove that a bigger aircraft is more profitable. Emirates & Etihad both fly A330 or B777 on UAE Pakistan sectors.
It's more about balance between engine cycles too.

Too many long routes is bad. Too many short routes is bad. So they balance it. The a380 that flies from dubai to jeddah will fly next from dubai to LA. Sadly, PIA doesn't operate such routes and is limited to london. NY and Toronto are served by LRs.

I have flown several times last six months.The morale of PIA personnel is suddenly high.That makes a lot of difference.The threshold I believe was the off-loading of Rahman Malik and another MLA. This was soon to be followed by the maid made to fly in the class she had booked her ticket for.

on hold for now.

I think PIA and PR along with all of the financial companies of Pakistan are needed to be privatized and also to sell shares of the already privatized companies too. More over, Govt. should work more to privatize all of the load from their own shoulder with in 1 year or so. And Concentrate more towards Security, Education-Research and Health Care.

they need to fire everyone and replace them with young and highly educated people

old pakistans dont know what they are doing

Back
Top Bottom