What's new

PHOTOS: President Reviews Indian Navy Fleet (Part 1)

RoYaL~GuJJaR

Reaction score
Country
India
PHOTOS: President Reviews Indian Navy Fleet
(Part 1)

111-714420.JPG

Advert for the Indian Navy in newspapers "INS Tabar" in the picture

P1040919-730472.JPG

Aircraft carrier INS Viraat,

P1040830-732148.JPG

Stealth frigate INS Tabar

P1040848-734437.JPG

Class-209 submarine INS Shankush

P1040863-736286.JPG

Kilo-class submarine INS Sindhuratna

P1040881-739286.JPG

Sea Kings over a frigate, from INS Sharda

P1040892-740579.JPG

Project 17 frigate

P1040902-742592.JPG

INS Shivalik

P1040908-745454.JPG

Delhi-class destroyer INS Mysore.

Posted by Shiv Aroor : Just got back ashore from the President's Fleet Review (PFR) 2011 off Mumbai. I was on Sukanya-class patrol vessel INS Sharda. Not many better ways to spend a Tuesday morning. Will post all the photos I took in batches.

Link

i want to see MARCOS pics dude!!!!........the one's who were guarding the president!!!!!!

i want to see MARCOS pics dude!!!!........the one's who were guarding the president!!!!!!

Me too brother! But i think it will take some time, wait till night i think all of them will be published.

Btw..I am searching :)

p.s: I missed the ceremony in the morning,if anyone get any video please post it here.

Thanks

@Roy..

Wow! Nice pics bro, Thanks for posting!

From where get these pics?:)

pardon mee, but what is this?

Does the president take a review every year of the WHOLE navy?

pardon mee, but what is this?

Does the president take a review every year of the WHOLE navy?

Not every year.

So far nine such reviews, including the International Fleet Review (IFR) in 2001, have taken place. Rajendra Prasad reviewed the first PFR in October 1953. In 1956 and 1964, the reviews were carried out by the Shah of Iran and by then Defence Minister YB Chavan, respectively.

Presidents Zakir Hussain, N Sanjiva Reddy and Shankar Dayal Sharma did not review the fleet during their tenure. The last fleet review was conducted by President APJ Abdul Kalam in 2006 at the Eastern Sea Board in Visakhapatnam.

Not the whole navy.

Along with 60 plus naval warships which have come from various naval commands including Andaman and Nicobar, a total of 81 ships are participating in the event which includes fly past by 44 aircraft from Navy and Coast Guard. Each ship will have its own protection and security measure in place to counter any threat, Satish said.

^^ Yeah every president can review the navy's fleet once in his/her tenure of 5 years and if any particular president don't want PFR then this ceremony don't happen as "Presidents Zakir Hussain, N Sanjiva Reddy and Shankar Dayal Sharma did not review the fleet during their tenure"

Its all depends on president!

So, what the prez wants, he/she gets eh?

^^ Yeah every president can review the navy's fleet once in his/her tenure of 5 years and if any particular president don't want PFR then this ceremony don't happen as "Presidents Zakir Hussain, N Sanjiva Reddy and Shankar Dayal Sharma did not review the fleet during their tenure"

Its all depends on president!

Its not quite like that; the decision on the PFR etc is taken in the MoD, not in Rashtrapati Bhavan. The RM and NHQ work that out in consultation with the President's Secretariat. And you are wrong to assume that the President(s) above did not wish to review the fleet.

Many reasons (including economy) are factored in when the PFR is decided to be undertaken. The President may be the Supreme C-in-C of the Armed Forces, but its not as if he (or she) can just say that: "hey, I wanna a ride a tank or take a joy-ride on a ship or sub". The President's role in these matters is mainly titular and ceremonial. :)

Its not quite like that; the decision on the PFR etc is taken in the MoD, not in Rashtrapati Bhavan. The RM and NHQ work that out in consultation with the President's Secretariat. And you are wrong to assume that the President(s) above did not wish to review the fleet.

Many reasons (including economy) are factored in when the PFR is decided to be undertaken. The President may be the Supreme C-in-C of the Armed Forces, but its not as if he (or she) can just say that: "hey, I wanna a ride a tank or take a joy-ride on a ship or sub". The President's role in these matters is mainly titular and ceremonial. :)

Hmmm..

Well i was just explaining in most simplest way :P

May be i was misinformed about the bold part,my bad!.

Thanks for explaining!
:)

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

So, what the prez wants, he/she gets eh?

Its not like that read post#10 and #13

Back
Top Bottom