What's new

PHOTOS: Indian, US troops set Thar desert on fire!

I thought Maroon berets were only meant for SF.

It is also for those who are airborne qualified like Artillery troopers,Signal guy or Sappers making them "special" with the training and keeping them in their branch only without making them join "special forces" as the situation may rise in a war when they need to be air dropped in a battlefield.

@Abingdonboy

Mate are you sure that mechanised infantry guys are also airborne qualified?

^^ thats the best pic ever-

img6170i.jpg

terrorist is coming out and no one looking at him- maybe in real war like scenario- he can take out his knife and slit few throats-

TO MUCH to ask from scumbags, that are worth no more than living corpses. :rofl:

@ Abingdonboy
Simply.....Wow....what the video maker is trying to participate in Oscar or something ?? Coolest video ever of an indian training. I have to ask, there's no SF involved in the training ?? If not, then the gears of Ghatak are way too good.

You made the day dude....thanx.

@ Abingdonboy
Simply.....Wow....what the video maker is trying to participate in Oscar or something ?? Coolest video ever of an indian training. I have to ask, there's no SF involved in the training ?? If not, then the gears of Ghatak are way too good.

V.good question. I had maintained up and till I saw this vid these guys were Ghataks but seeing this vid has defiantly given me pause for thought. However as far as I know through reading all press and official statements NO SOFs took part on either side and it would be highly irregular for IA SF to conduct an exercise with non-SF members from a foreign country. The only members mentioned as taking part are Mech Infantry and engineers. Also it has been widely reported the Ghataks were to receive a MASSIVE upgrade and maybe these are some of the first pics of this in practice. Additionally IA SF have a joint ex with US SF later this year (August) so it would be even stranger for them to partake in this ex.

I'd have to say until I am presented with evidence to the contrary I still maintain these are Ghataks.

@ABINGDONBOY-mate
you_rock-511.gif
!!!!.........awesome video!!

0:32-0:35................my fav part of the video!!:enjoy:

V.good question. I had maintained up and till I saw this vid these guys were Ghataks but seeing this vid has defiantly given me pause for thought. However as far as I know through reading all press and official statements NO SOFs took part on either side and it would be highly irregular for IA SF to conduct an exercise with non-SF members from a foreign country. The only members mentioned as taking part are Mech Infantry and engineers. Also it has been widely reported the Ghataks were to receive a MASSIVE upgrade and maybe these are some of the first pics of this in practice. Additionally IA SF have a joint ex with US SF later this year (August) so it would be even stranger for them to partake in this ex.

I'd have to say until I am presented with evidence to the contrary I still maintain these are Ghataks.

A great video mate...thanks for posting.

Regarding as to who these guys are its a bit difficult to say without any evidence but whoever they are i have to say that they are very well trained and have great gear too.If this is the upgrade Ghataks are to get then i am really impressed.(specially the boots)

Don't you guys think that the troops from 0:32-0:35 look a bit too much similar to the para commandos??????

Don't you guys think that the troops from 0:32-0:35 look a bit too much similar to the para commandos??????

My gut feeling says so mate...i feel that the guys without any helmet and wearing US Army boots are Para and the other guys with INSAS and the helmet is Ghatak.But i dont have any evidence to say so its purely my feeling and also i havent seen Ghataks with Tavor in real life but some guys are saying they have got upgrades...so i really cant say.So its upto every member to judge what they think after seeing so many SF videos as to who these guys look like.. :-)

but it's more amazing to see that the ghataks have elbow and knee guards but the paras(think so) don't have any........or is it just that they don't like guards???:what:

My gut feeling says so mate...i feel that the guys without any helmet and wearing US Army boots are Para and the other guys with INSAS and the helmet is Ghatak.But i dont have any evidence to say so its purely my feeling and also i havent seen Ghataks with Tavor in real life but some guys are saying they have got upgrades...so i really cant say.So its upto every member to judge what they think after seeing so many SF videos as to who these guys look like.. :-)

Like I said in my post (#98) I believe the guys with Tavors are Ghataks but yes they do look similar to PARA SF ( is this a bad thing) and I have seen proof (pics/vid) of Ghataks with Tavors. But defiantly the guys (with INSAS) with helmets and goggles and elbow/knee protection are regular Mech infantry.

but it's more amazing to see that the ghataks have elbow and knee guards but the paras(think so) don't have any........or is it just that they don't like guards???:what:

On the contrary PARA (SF and Non-SF) do have elbow and knee protection just they probobly don't use them as much (maybe changing these days).

Pare SF:

fsdfsfs.jpg

fgdgdgdf.jpg

fdgdfgdfgdfg.jpg

+ hey, I could be wrong but these are just educated guesses and when dealing with Indian armed forces (and shady SOFs at that) you are always going to be in a guessing game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom