What's new

Photos emerge of US soldiers posing with maimed bodies of dead Afghan insur

That certainly doesn't give the right to anyone in the civilized world to retaliate with a tit-for-tat. I am sorry that such an incident has happened and it should rightly be condemned and the guilty punished to the fullest extent of the law.
I agree with you, I'm in no way trying to justify it. I'm afraid not many soldiers are aware of the fragility and sensitivity of the war.

These days the US military is good for such gross human rights violations only.

I agree with you, I'm in no way trying to justify it. I'm afraid not many soldiers are aware of the fragility and sensitivity of the war.
I agree to your point as well. I feel most of the privates are in their early 20s and at that age they most likely not mature enough to understand the human aspects of war. But that is not a hard thing to fix during their training.
You see, all that effort and lives that the NATO forces have put into Afghanistan could be lost with a handful of such incidents. So a lot more is at stake here which makes a strong case for the US Army to prevent such cases from happening at the first place.

These days the US military is good for such gross human rights violations only.

Blanket statement for few isolated incidents? For one such human rights violation, I could show you hundreds of incidents of humanitarian aid provided by the US military. Let us just condemn the deplorable act on the individuals responsible and move on shall we.

I agree to your point as well. I feel most of the privates are in their early 20s and at that age they most likely not mature enough to understand the human aspects of war. But that is not a hard thing to fix during their training.
You see, all that effort and lives that the NATO forces have put into Afghanistan could be lost with a handful of such incidents. So a lot more is at stake here which makes a strong case for the US Army to prevent such cases from happening at the first place.

Blanket statement for few isolated incidents? For one such human rights violation, I could show you hundreds of incidents of humanitarian aid provided by the US military. Let us just condemn the deplorable act on the individuals responsible and move on shall we.
I feel like the nature of the war has been changing rapidly. The Obama administration is trying to appease the middle eastern countries while most our soldiers frankly, excuse my language, but don't give a flying **** about what happens when we leave, as long as they make it back alive to see their children and family. Just the way it is. This is why education, history in particular, is so very very important if we as human beings ever want to achieve true piece.

Can't wait to see for the Indians to come defend their masters.

hooray for Ameriki democrazy!!!! :victory:

Incidents like these indicate tit-for-tat responses to similarly deplorable acts from the enemy like making footage of beheading of people by Taliban and similar acts. Guilty personal of both sides should be condemned for engaging in such inhumane activities.

Member Jihad also raised some relevant points. The horrors of wars can leave a psychological impression on any human involved. Humans are not drones.

In addition, soldiers can take some liberty at making fun of the 'bad guys' on a few occasions with the assumption that they will not face scrutiny on the basis of disgracing the 'bad guys' because they are already doing the 'good job' for their country and those whom they are helping.

However, I believe that US administration should give instructions to all of its military personal to avoid doing this kind of stuff at any cost due to the sensitivity of these matters. These incidents reflect poorly on the image of ISAF in the global scenario.

Incidents like these indicate tit-for-tat responses to similarly deplorable acts from the enemy like making footage of beheading of people by Taliban and similar acts. Guilty personal of both sides should be condemned for engaging in such inhumane activities.

Member Jihad also raised some relevant points. The horrors of wars can leave a psychological impression on any human involved. Humans are not drones.

In addition, soldiers can take some liberty at making fun of the 'bad guys' on a few occasions with the assumption that they will not face scrutiny on the basis of disgracing the 'bad guys' because they are already doing the 'good job' for their country and those whom they are helping.

However, I believe that US administration should give instructions to all of its military personal to avoid doing this kind of stuff at any cost due to the sensitivity of these matters. These incidents reflect poorly on the image of ISAF in the global scenario.

Good point. I remember during the 1993 American intervention in Somalia, when bodies of American soldiers were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu and the savages of that country were desecrating our American boys.

The world is filled with savages.

As a military man myself, I can talk with sureness that most of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces are quite professional and quite respectful. There will be some exceptions, but who doesn't have any?

disgusting incidents like this dont surprise me anymore and obama saying these events will never happen again doesnt also its like the soldiers are doing it just to make him wrong:p:PP:p:P this events from a madman will help the taliban cause more then it will damage the us image of the war. the taliban wont have problems recruiting showing how barbaric are the invaders and guess what people will follow now these pictures have come up there is a good chance some afghan army personal will shoot some nato army men like it has happened so many times before.

I feel like the nature of the war has been changing rapidly. The Obama administration is trying to appease the middle eastern countries

Wanna elaborate on that, as to how Obama admin is trying to appease the ME countries? Do you see him kissing king and monarchs on the cheeks like prince retard (GW) used to do?

while most our soldiers frankly, excuse my language, but don't give a flying **** about what happens when we leave, as long as they make it back alive to see their children and family. Just the way it is.

So? What's wrong with that? Every Soldier wants to finish his mission and go back home, they really should not give a flying/crawling/limping **** about what is going to happen after they leave. That is the job of Generals and the policy makers.

This is why education, history in particular, is so very very important if we as human beings ever want to achieve true piece.

Did you mean true "peace" :D

What next? perhaps beheading videos! It's part of war...Show me an army that never posed with enemy bodies...part of fighting is to de-humanize the enemy and hate them...suprise!

What next? perhaps beheading videos! It's part of war...Show me an army that never posed with enemy bodies...part of fighting is to de-humanize the enemy and hate them...suprise!

Shouldn't there be diff b/w civilized world and people who subscribe to a medieval mentality? Not to mention it is against declared policies of the Army and DOD......... these soldiers were out of line and need to be punished accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom