What's new

Philippines hails Indian Navy's stand on South China Sea.

But its part of it!

Sri Lankan-chinese Trade Tilts Heavily Toward China

(C) SUMMARY: Although Sri Lankan President Rajapaksa trumpets the importance of Sri Lanka,s friendship with China, the relationship is verylopsided in terms of trade. For example, in 2008 Chinese exports to Sri Lanka constituted 96% of total bilateral trade. In terms of investment, Hong Kong has become a key source of foreign direct investment to Sri Lanka, while China proper focuses on direct government aid. In contrast, Sri Lanka investment in China consists of a few tea shops. Though at times the Government of Sri Lanka (GSL) asserts it does not need the U.S. and the West since it can turn to new friends such as China, there is no indication that China can replace Western export markets. In terms of investment and trade importance, Sri Lanka,s new friends cannot compete with her old ones in the United States and EU. End Summary.

China invented Gunpowder among other things.

Sir am talking about the present day i know the old chinese were original while their descendents are makers of cheap poorly made imitations and mass productions of low quality

Sir am talking about the present day i know the old chinese were original while their descendents are makers of cheap poorly made imitations and mass productions of low quality

Helping with countries independence during the cold war, Investing in countries all around the world, creating apple products & etc. China done more good than bad.

Helping with countries independence during the cold war, Investing in countries all around the world, creating apple products & etc. China done more good than bad.

Wow you see good in anybody good for you its very good trait but its the other way around more bad than good and that help is not really genuine so am sorry i don't share most of it, I would be will rebuild relationship with china hell its the Filipino way of doing things but under a relationship of respect and dignity am not going to sacrifice that otherwise what is a use of being an independent nation?

WPR Article | Philippines Running Out of Options in South China Sea Disputes :lol:

MANILA -- Earlier this year, the Philippines and China teetered on the brink of direct military confrontation over the Scarborough Shoal in the South China Sea, precipitating a series of high-stakes diplomatic exchanges that prevented open conflict but left the underlying dispute unresolved.

Although the episode jolted the Filipino leadership into recognizing the perils of armed brinkmanship with China, Manila’s subsequent diplomatic approach to the conflict has achieved little. After almost seven months of intensive diplomatic engagement with China and the states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), regional maritime tensions are still on the rise. Now, facing a potentially more assertive China under a new leadership, and in the absence of an effective regional approach to the ongoing territorial disputes, the Philippines seems to be running out of diplomatic options.

WPR Article | Philippines Running Out of Options in South China Sea Disputes :lol:

MANILA -- Earlier this year, the Philippines and China teetered on the brink of direct military confrontation over the Scarborough Shoal in the South China Sea, precipitating a series of high-stakes diplomatic exchanges that prevented open conflict but left the underlying dispute unresolved.

Although the episode jolted the Filipino leadership into recognizing the perils of armed brinkmanship with China, Manila’s subsequent diplomatic approach to the conflict has achieved little. After almost seven months of intensive diplomatic engagement with China and the states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), regional maritime tensions are still on the rise. Now, facing a potentially more assertive China under a new leadership, and in the absence of an effective regional approach to the ongoing territorial disputes, the Philippines seems to be running out of diplomatic options.

PRC is also running out of options now ... what's left is just North Korea, after Pakistan also put it's back to PRC.

Wow you see good in anybody good for you its very good trait but its the other way around more bad than good and that help is not really genuine so am sorry i don't share most of it, I would be will rebuild relationship with china hell its the Filipino way of doing things but under a relationship of respect and dignity am not going to sacrifice that otherwise what is a use of being an independent nation?

I'm a Realist, but my friend calls me a Machiavellian;

Machiavellism has historically come to mean that
effectiveness alone counts in politics; political actions
should not be restricted by considerations of morality,
of good or evil.

If Philippines is dealing with a regular country the dispute would have been finished with the help from ASEAN, but we're dealing with China, a Superpower in its own right. So like I just said Philippines will probably have to sacrifices some of its claim to China. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just being realistic about it.

As long as Indian's benefits are preserved in SCS, they will not join in this mess. China will not bother Indian's benefits in this area.

China don't appease India or anyone else in the SCS. I guarantee if the Indian regime ever, and I mean ever sends its military to attack Chinese ships. It will be the end of India. Indian military is absolutely no match for the PLA. Indian military is a rag tag poorly trained military.
They think 1962 was humiliation, that will look like a Sunday school picnic compared to the pummelling they will receive if they mess with the PLA now. Chinese generals are absolutely ruthless men. It's one thing for India to boast jumping up and down, it's another to have a death wish.

China don't appease India or anyone else in the SCS. I guarantee if the Indian regime ever, and I mean ever sends its military to attack Chinese ships. It will be the end of India. Indian military is absolutely no match for the PLA. Indian military is a rag tag poorly trained military.
They think 1962 was humiliation, that will look like a Sunday school picnic compared to the pummelling they will receive if they mess with the PLA now. Chinese generals are absolutely ruthless men. It's one thing for India to boast jumping up and down, it's another to have a death wish.

Like how you ended Jaan, vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan just a while back? We are so afraid.....

Like how you ended Japan, vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan just a while back? We are so afraid.....

Like how you ended Jaan, vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan just a while back? We are so afraid.....

Like how you ended Japan, vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan just a while back? We are so afraid.....

Nope, like how we made a complete mockery of the gutless Indian soldiers that surrendered like the cowards they are to the PLA in 1962.

Nope, like how we made a complete mockery of the gutless Indian soldiers that surrendered like the cowards they are to the PLA in 1962.

Lol still holding on to a border skirmish 50 years ago? Then what about 20 years earlier, during Japanese invasion of China?

Lol still holding on to a border skirmish 50 years ago? Then what about 20 years earlier, during Japanese invasion of China?

Border skirmish? :lol: that was an all out waxing. Indians are first to seek war, when the war starts, Indians soldiers are the first to surrender and run away. It's the proverbial indian army rifle, never been fired and dropped only once :lol:

I'm a Realist, but my friend calls me a Machiavellian;

If Philippines is dealing with a regular country the dispute would have been finished with the help from ASEAN, but we're dealing with China, a Superpower in its own right. So like I just said Philippines will probably have to sacrifices some of its claim to China. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just being realistic about it.

Really your a Machiavellian? Then you should know what am talking about but am a Aquinas Just war type again sir no country would give in under threat by other country otherwise there is no point of having a country! We have to press on and fight its for honor of the Country and our self respect, its for world peace its for the greater good really china should and must not be above International law otherwise the whole world would be endanger.

Border skirmish? :lol: that was an all out waxing. Indians are first to seek war, when the war starts, Indians soldiers are the first to surrender and run away. It's the proverbial indian army rifle, never been fired and dropped only once :lol:

Its a border skirmish sir stop being an idiot you people only won against your own kind the nationalist Chinese so please take it and move on

Oh no sino out please call the mental hospital they have a loose patient:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom