What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

mind your own issue? okay tell that to your fellow Chinese here :coffee:

Do you know when should people "mind their own business"?
This is when you know nothing/ just a few thing but pretend to be "professional" and spread rumors, just like what you did in #376.
You tell her to "mind her own business", IF you can.

Do you know when should people "mind their own business"?
This is when you know nothing/ just a few thing but pretend to be "professional" and spread rumors, just like what you did in #376.
You tell her to "mind her own business", IF you can.
Is that what your fellow Chinese doing here? Oh well sorry but it's a fact and you can't just hide and accept it. Maybe you're just guilty as one of those Macauan Chinese people who discriminate the Mainlanders? Well actually this is becoming a very serious issue in HK/China. It is very unfortunate that HKongers can definitely be extremely discriminatory at times to anyone who is not from HK but in the case of Mainlanders, it's not only discrimination, it's a reaction of bad behaviour. They show hatred to the Mainland Chinese eversince Hong Kong had been handed over from British to Chinese rule, everything has gone either downhill, or not at the wishes of the HKongers. This coupled by the fact that the Chinese coming from Mainland with all their money openly do things that annoy HKongers (even more when Chinese immigrants were poor people coming to HK), makes them look at the Chinese as not even the same 'type' of people.

I'll show you some of the interesting clips that might open a bit of your eyes.

Hong Kong's dirty little secret: Racism

Regional discrimination in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In both Hong Kong and Macau Special Administrative Region of People's Republic of China, some people discriminate against the mainland Chinese, call them "the mainland Aberdeen", meaning they are from the mainland.[12] Immigrants from the provinces and autonomous zones outside of Guangdong Province who are predominantly Mandarin-speaking and have no knowledge of indigenous languages such as Cantonese, Teochew, or Hakka, are called "北佬“ or ”北姑" (literally, ”Northern guys“ or "Northern sluts"). In particular, at the beginning of the 1980s, Guangdong saw a massive influx of out-of-province immigrant workers who did not have the habit of taking showers on a regular basis, and they were especially socially distanced.

Discrimination in Hong Kong | InterNations.org

Hong Kong paper runs ad calling mainlanders 'locusts' - The China Post

Conflict Erupted between Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese Reporters in the Press Conference of “Double Negative” | Dictionary of Politically Incorrect Hong Kong Cantonese

Last edited by a moderator:
This rebellion cannot continue forever. Finish them soonest. Give them the bullets they want. This MNLF terrorist did the same thing 4 years ago in the same place causing 200 deaths to innocent civilians and military personnel. There is a need to have a final solution to this issue that will not include peace talk or surrender that will leave these rebellious with their weapons and territory. There are consequences to rebellion one these adventurist must know and ready to face to.

Even your media admits that he commands a significant following among the Moro people. The Philippines better start listening to his demands.
You forget to quote the last part "he blew it. And blew it badly."

Misuari himself was implicated in several anomalies and eventually lost his leadership and credibility among his people. Now he is only leading a bunch of outlaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
No ceasefire with MNLF
Aquino rejects Misuari’s conditions

By Tarra Quismundo, Nikko Dizon Julie S. Alipala and Dennis Jay Santos
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Sunday, September 15th, 2013

What ceasefire?

Fighting between government troops and Moro rebels holding hostages in coastal villages in Zamboanga City intensified on Saturday despite reports of a ceasefire taking effect at midnight on Friday.

By late Saturday, government troops had started to advance on rebel positions in a “calibrated” offensive to free the hostages and retake the villages from the rebels.

Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin told the Inquirer by phone that a ceasefire had not been declared, contrary to statements by Vice President Jejomar Binay late on Friday.

Binay said he had spoken by telephone to Nur Misuari, leader of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) faction involved in the crisis here, and to Gazmin and they agreed to a ceasefire and talks to resolve the conflict.

The Vice President said the ceasefire was to take effect at midnight.

But Gazmin said there was no ceasefire.

“What I said was there would be a ceasefire only if they (MNLF rebels) would stop firing. Then we will follow suit. They were the ones who started this,” Gazmin said.

Gazmin said the order from President Benigno Aquino III was to ensure that the hostages would be “protected” as government forces moved in to rescue them.

Binay traveled to Zamboanga City on Friday and met with President Aquino at the military’s Western Mindanao Command headquarters.

He returned to Manila in the evening with fighting still going on in Zamboanga.

Binay said his efforts to broker a peaceful end to the conflict failed because both the government and the MNLF rejected conditions each set to halt the fighting.

“It’s a pity,” Binay said when reached by phone after he landed in Manila.

“There was a good start. Both were for peaceful settlement. But the President did not accept the conditions [set by Misuari],” Binay said.

Safe passage

He declined to disclose the conditions, but sources said one of Misuari’s conditions was safe passage for his followers who were boxed in four coastal villages here.

Gazmin said he was not privy to the discussions between the President and Binay and Misuari.
“But I know the President. He would not like that,” Gazmin said, referring to the safe-conduct supposedly demanded by Misuari for his men.

But Gazmin said he met with Binay in Zamboanga City and discussed with the Vice President his ceasefire announcement on Friday night.

“We discussed [what happened] last night. I told him my condition was very clear. They stop firing, we stop firing,” Gazmin said.
Heavy fighting broke out after midnight Friday in Kasanyangan village as government troops began to retake rebel positions, killing four rebels.

One soldier was killed and five others were wounded in the fighting, said Maj. Angelo Guzman of the AFP Public Affairs Office.

Rising death toll

The deaths brought the toll from six days of fighting to 53 dead and 70 wounded, more than double the previously announced total as of Friday.

The dead included three soldiers, three policemen, four civilians and 43 rebels.
Of the wounded, 35 were soldiers, six policemen, 20 civilians and nine rebels.

Nineteen MNLF rebels have either surrendered or been captured.

In the morning, fighting erupted again in the village, lasting for half an hour. After that, sporadic exchanges of gunfire went on throughout the day.

The national government took over the handling of the crisis on Saturday, with President Aquino personally overseeing the situation, Zamboanga City Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said.

That meant the city government would deal with the humanitarian problem caused by the crisis while the national crisis management committee would handle the tactical and other security matters, Salazar explained.

With help from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), the city government is caring for tens of thousands of evacuees jamming the sports complex and other shelters in the city.

The DSWD said that as of Saturday, the evacuees numbered 62,329.

President Aquino ordered a “calibrated offensive” to stop the rebels from endangering the lives of the hostages, according to Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala, spokesperson for the military.

Gazmin explained that troops were moving to “get the hostages alive and safe.”

He said the military could have launched an attack on the rebels because the armed forces knew the exact positions of the insurgents, but that would not be easy as it might endanger the lives of the hostages.

In Santa Catalina village, where about 100 hostages were being held, the rebels and the soldiers exchanged gunfire and grenade attacks at dawn on Saturday.

Sporadic gunfire rang out in the village throughout the day.

This rebellion cannot continue forever. Finish them soonest. Give them the bullets they want. This MNLF terrorist did the same thing 4 years ago in the same place causing 200 deaths to innocent civilians and military personnel. There is a need to have a final solution to this issue that will not include peace talk or surrender that will leave these rebellious with their weapons and territory. There are consequences to rebellion one these adventurist must know and ready to face to.

You forget to quote the last part "he blew it. And blew it badly."

Misuari himself was implicated in several anomalies and eventually lost his leadership and credibility among his people. Now he is only leading a bunch of outlaws.

misuari1.jpg

Is that what your fellow Chinese doing here? Oh well sorry but it's a fact and you can't just hide and accept it. Maybe you're just guilty as one of those Macauan Chinese people who discriminate the Mainlanders? Well actually this is becoming a very serious issue in HK/China. It is very unfortunate that HKongers can definitely be extremely discriminatory at times to anyone who is not from HK but in the case of Mainlanders, it's not only discrimination, it's a reaction of bad behaviour. They show hatred to the Mainland Chinese eversince Hong Kong had been handed over from British to Chinese rule, everything has gone either downhill, or not at the wishes of the HKongers. This coupled by the fact that the Chinese coming from Mainland with all their money openly do things that annoy HKongers (even more when Chinese immigrants were poor people coming to HK), makes them look at the Chinese as not even the same 'type' of people.

I'll show you some of the interesting clips that might open a bit of your eyes.

Sigh, what are you doing. You didn't even get the main point did you? You have proved nothing but only punching a scarecrow. :laughcry:
I was showing you the data to refute your nonsense of "most HK peopel refuse to be Chinese", do you even know what the main topic is.
Also what am I even hiding, there is no secret that most of the HK and Macau people dislike many Mainlanders, including myself. Nobody even says that there is no conflict between each other~
I have seen and watched more related articles and videos than you do, Mr.Knowitall, since I live there. Do you even know that there is a huge different between "conflict between HKers and Chinese" and " conflict between HKers and Mainland Chinese":laughcry: . We always call them 死大陸佬 (freaking Mainalnder) but seldom do I hear people call them 死中國人 (freaking Chinese) in reality. And yes of course you can find a lot of "死中國人" and even "死支那人" in the internet~ but I can also find a lot of HK and Macau people trying to maintain the relationship between each other~
By the way, you are talking to a guy holding both HK and Macau identities, just saying~

Sigh, what are you doing. You didn't even get the main point did you? You have proved nothing but only punching a scarecrow. :laughcry:
I was showing you the data to refute your nonsense of "most HK peopel refuse to be Chinese", do you even know what the main topic is.
Also what am I even hiding, there is no secret that most of the HK and Macau people dislike many Mainlanders, including myself. Nobody even says that there is no conflict between each other~
I have seen and watched more related articles and videos than you do, Mr.Knowitall, since I live there. Do you even know that there is a huge different between "conflict between HKers and Chinese" and " conflict between HKers and Mainland Chinese":laughcry: . We always call them 死大陸佬 (freaking Mainalnder) but seldom do I hear people call them 死中國人 (freaking Chinese) in reality. And yes of course you can find a lot of "死中國人" and even "死支那人" in the internet~ but I can also find a lot of HK and Macau people trying to maintain the relationship between each other~
By the way, you are talking to a guy holding both HK and Macau identities, just saying~
That's why I said if they will only be given a choice, especially Hkongers, for sure they will prefer to stay being a slave by the British than mainland because the locals despise China and the mainland Chinese. By the way your data a pure crap just like your made in China products. :lol:

He is just a nuisance at this point in time. His men are dying because of his delusions and past mistakes. These terrorist must know there is a limit to what government and people are willing to take. Enough is enough.

Nearly 100 rebels killed or captured in Zamboanga

ZAMBOANGA CITY (Updated) -- Philippine forces have killed or captured nearly 100 of the Moro rebels who have been holding scores of hostages for a week in this city, as the government pushes ahead with an offensive to retake rebel-held coastal communities, officials said Sunday.

Army troops and police special forces have regained rebel-held grounds and are pressing an assault deeper into communities in the coastal outskirts of Zamboanga city, where more than 100 Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) rebels are holding hostages, military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Ramon Zagala said.

Several hostages have escaped or were freed, but it was unclear how many were still in rebel custody. Zamboanga City Mayor Isabelle Climaco Salazar said the rebels were still holding up to 40 hostages in one community alone.

Zagala said troops taking part in the offensive were calibrating their firepower to avoid harming civilians.

"We're gaining ground, we're pushing forward," he said.

At least 51 rebels have been killed and 42 others captured, most while trying to escape along the coast after discarding their camouflage uniforms for ordinary clothes, Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas said, adding that the gunmen would face criminal charges.

The bodies of two rebels, a man and a woman, were found Sunday by advancing troops.

Six policemen and soldiers, along with four villagers, have been killed in the standoff, which began Monday when troops foiled an attempt by the rebels to march and hoist their flag at Zamboanga's City hall.

The rebels, who arrived by boat from outlying islands, barged into five coastal villages and took more than 100 hostages as human shields.

Army troops and police, backed by helicopters and navy gunboats, initially surrounded the rebels with their hostages while government officials tried to convince the insurgents to free their captives and surrender. But government forces decided to attack Friday after the rebels started setting on fire clusters of houses and fired mortar rounds that wounded several Red Cross aid workers, Zagala said.

While the government's offensive is gaining momentum, Roxas said it's difficult to tell when the troops will be able to end the standoff, which has displaced more than 67,000 residents.

The crisis has virtually paralyzed the port city of nearly a million people, after authorities closed its international airport, suspended sea ferry services and shut down schools and offices. Officials of a Zamboanga city hospital evacuated 472 patients as clashes erupted nearby last week. They pleaded to the military Sunday to help them return to the hospital to retrieve ventilators, anesthesia machines and other equipment for their patients.

The Moro insurgents, led by rebel leader Nur Misuari, signed a peace deal in 1996, but the guerrillas did not lay down their arms and later accused the government of reneging on a promise to develop long-neglected Muslim regions in Mindanao.

The rebels have become increasingly restive in recent months as they have been overshadowed by a rival rebel group that engaged President Benigno Aquino III's government in peace talks brokered by Malaysia. The talks have steadily progressed toward a new and potentially larger autonomy deal for minority Muslims in the south.

Misuari, whose group launched a similar attack in Zamboanga City in 2001, has not been seen in public since the standoff began. (AP)

Nearly 100 MNLF rebels killed or captured in Zamboanga City | Sun.Star

That's why I said if they will only be given a choice, especially Hkongers, for sure they will prefer to stay being a slave by the British than mainland because the locals despise China and the mainland Chinese. By the way your data a pure crap just like your made in China products. :lol:

Oh my goodness you are so amazing.

Typical "black & white or nothing" thinking. Have you seen any Singaporean wants to become part of Britain once again. You hate someone doesn't mean that you must accept the other.

Who wants to be a Chinese anyway you say. I have described many times, we don't like Mainlander, we have conflicts but that doesn't mean that we don't want the Chinese identity, simple like that.
Why can't you understand such simple logic.

And yeah my data from the University of Hong Kong is a pure crap, your mighty big mouth tells the holy truth. All hail Lord Welcome the greatest god of the universe. :coffee:

Please, if you can't refute the fact and fail to think logically, then remain silent, say "okay" or "sorry" and "mind your own business", instead of defending your nonsense with another nonsense in front of a local who knows much more than you. That doesn't help you but making yourself look more ridiculous :coffee:.

Asia's Week: Filipinos Juggle Boom With Blow-Ups

If the Philippines really manages a 7% GDP growth rate for 2013, as forecast, it will likely continue to lead Asia unless China wants to keep pumping in stimulants. That accomplishment will set the onetime U.S. battleground apart from other recent stars such as Indonesia, which is having to come to grips with a failure of government policies to keep up with the investment interest of the last several years. Maybe because its uptick came later, Manila apparently has more running room left.

But that doesn’t make for smooth sailing for President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III, who despite winning personal plaudits as a good democrat is at the helm of a still-leaky civic boat. That was obvious on at least two fronts this week.

The bloodier of them was in Zamboanga City in southernmost Mindanao, where the latest outbreak of long-standing hostilities with some factions of the indigenous Muslim population gripped widespread attention. It included a human hostage drama, in an area that itself has long been hostage to grinding poverty amid enormous mineral wealth. That itself is a familiar socio-tale in Southeast Asia, but in this case the juxtaposition of a Catholic-dominated central authority with Islamist agitation has made for especially explosive results. Short of a confederation that the various parties don’t seem up to, Aquino’s administration (and its tacit American allies) won’t likely find a peaceful bargain to be affordable no matter how prosperous the larger economy proves to be this year or next. Cease-fires may be the best we can hope for. If it comes down to heavier military suppression of the big island’s violent insurgents, then at some point Manila’s ability also to confront ever-more aggressive Chinese testing of South China Sea waters could be exhausted.

The second of Aquino’s agonies was a far cry from Islam: pork. Pork-barrel politics, to be specific, practiced on a scale in the Philippines that most other democracies young or old could only marvel at. This country’s variant involves its longstanding ruling families as the pass-throughs, and like most forms of graft, it is tolerated until it is not. Lately, as the riches of recent times have piled up in a few hands, and as Aquino (himself a legacy of the system) has spearheaded an anti-corruption drive, Filipinos reached a breaking point. Mass demonstrations have gone on for weeks and as late as late as Friday were cropping up in the capital. The poster abuse involved a well-connected businesswoman named Janet Lim Napoles, who is alleged to have cooked up a revenue sharing arrangement with some of the pols. But her special crime was having an indiscreet daughter who flaunted the family’s good fortune in incendiary ways (and apparently got some ceremonial time with the president himself).

Maybe this bout of indignation will lead to long-needed reforms (the Philippines continues to rank a low 105 out of 176 on the international Transparency Index, a corruption barometer) even as it singes much of the governing class in the process. (And maybe those two outcomes are necessarily related.) As positive as several of the economic omens may be–from gambling resorts to manufacturing, and especially entailing a large, young, English-speaking workforce–an orderly rule of law is going to be necessary for the nation to finally, and firmly, win emergence into the middle-income fraternity. Its challenges are hardly unique, but, as a function of geography and history, in few other spots are they as much in the world’s sights.

Asia's Week: Filipinos Juggle Boom With Blow-Ups - Forbes

Taiwan calls for more direct Philippine investments
September 15, 2013

Taipei City, Taiwan: Taiwan’s Council for Economic Planning and Development (CEPD) is calling on more foreign investors, specifically those that are from the Philippines, to consider scouting for investment opportunities in its country.

CEPD is the government agency in Taiwan responsible for setting up plans for national economic development.

During the international press briefing on Taiwan’s participation in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), CEPD Director General Cheryl Tseng said that since Taiwan currently has a relatively low foreign-direct investments (FDIs) rate, it is now trying to encourage more foreign businessmen to invest in the country.

“So far, we’re trying to attract more FDI,” she said.

“All the investors are welcome whatever country they would come from, because every country do have their advantage and Philippines, especially, we are very close neighbors,” Tseng added.

She even mentioned that a lot of Taiwanese make a living in the Philippines, a sign of the close ties between the two countries.
“We have quite a lot of investments in the Philippines and a lot of Taiwanese are very successful in the Philippines,” the official further said.

Still in a bid to boost its FDIs, Tseng also said that Taiwan is also inviting investors from Vietnam and Indonesia.

Free-economic pilot zones

According to Tseng, the outlook on Taiwan’s FDI this year is still as not as “optimistic,” or is even lower than last year, but the country has been undertaking efforts to improve the inflow of foreign investments.

“The council just finished with the framework of the Free Economic Pilot Zone,” Tseng said, explaining that this could be part of the country’s initiative to establish a firmer international economic presence.

Free Economic Pilot Zones, a concept drafted by the CEPD, are “test beds” of Taiwan’s economic liberalization and internationalization.

In a CEPD research, it was described that the concept involves promotion of free movement of personnel, goods and funds in the country; opening markets to align with other countries, creation of a friendly tax environment; providing fast and easy land acquisition; and establishment of a prime environment for doing a business.

http://www.manilatimes.net/taiwan-calls-for-more-direct-philippine-investments/40085/

PH-Malaysia war exercise fosters ties
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Monday, September 16th, 2013

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Philippines—The Philippine and Malaysian armies concluded a two-week battle simulation exercise at Camp O’Donnell in Capas, Tarlac, on Sunday.

Gathered at the Armed Forces of the Philippines Peacekeeping Operations Center at the camp, Lt. Gen. Noel Coballes and Gen. Datuk Raja Mohamed Affandi Bin Raja Mohamed Noor declared Land MALPHI 14-2013 closed, citing “stronger ties” as a result of the bilateral exercise.

“The overarching goal of Land MALPHI Exercise is to provide the venue where both the armies of the Philippines and Malaysia can work and operate together in a simulated conventional environment to address the various defense and security challenges confronting our respective countries,” Coballes, the Philippine Army chief, said in a statement.

At least 70 Filipino and 40 Malaysian officers took part in the command post and battle simulation exercise.

The exercise, the statement said, adopted a “conventional operational setting that is centered on the Malaysian forces coming in aid of the Philippine forces to defend the latter’s territory from a national invading force.”

Col. Wilson Marie Reyes, the exercise director, said the objectives were met.—Tonette Orejas, Inquirer Central Luzon

Phl to Jakarta: Gov’t doing everything to resolve standoff
By Delon Porcalla (The Philippine Star) | September 16, 2013

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines assured Indonesia yesterday that the government is doing all it can to end the week-long standoff between security forces and Muslim rebels who have tried to take over Zamboanga City in Mindanao since last week.

“Rest assured that we are doing all we can at this point to solve the situation there,” deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in a radio interview over dzRB.

She said the only problem that has complicated the situation was the fact that forces loyal to the faction of former Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) chairman Nur Misuari have taken civilians as hostages and used them as human shields.

“We very well know the complication (on the ground). This is why the operations of our security forces are very calibrated, if only to ensure that there will be no more hostages and casualties as a result of the standoff,” she said.

Over the weekend, the Indonesian government urged Manila to reach a peaceful resolution of the continuing conflict between Misuari’s men and members of the Armed Forces and the Philippine National Police.

Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said their government is concerned with recent developments in the ongoing armed conflict in Zamboanga City.

“As neighbors and as facilitator of the achievement of the final peace agreement in 1996 between the Philippines and the MNLF, Indonesia urged all parties concerned to exercise restraint and ensure the safety and security of civilians,” he said.

“Peaceful solution is the only option that should be taken by both parties,” he said in a statement sent to The STAR by the Indonesian embassy in Manila.

Natalegawa urged both parties to find a peaceful solution to the conflict and stand by the 1996 peace agreement.

“The 1996 final peace agreement is a comprehensive agreement as the foundation for solving problems in the southern Philippines for a just, comprehensive and sustainable peace,” he said.

Natalegawa said Indonesia is always ready, at the request of stakeholders, to contribute to the restoration of normalcy in southern Philippines.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...akarta-govt-doing-everything-resolve-standoff

Indian farming technology set for test in PH
September 15, 2013

The International Crops Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (Icrisat) will sign a memorandum of agreement with the provincial government of Ilocos Sur for the implementation of a project that will pilot India’s Bhoochetana program in the Philippines.

William Dar, Icrisat director general, said that local government of Ilocos Sur has allotted P100 million for the collaborative project on the adoption of the Bhoochetana approach to improve livelihoods of smallholder farmers, by enhancing agricultural productivity in the province.

Dubbed as Sustainable Intensification for Prosperity and Growth (Sipag), the proposed project will provide technical assistance aimed at increasing crop productivity, cropping intensity and farmers’ income in the province by 20 percent in three years, while improving and maintaining soil health.

“We aim to pilot the Bhoochetana concept in Ilocos Sur, which is a strategic rain-fed area in the Philippines to contribute in increasing the average productivity of crops by 20 percent in three years while improving and preserving the overall soil health condition,” Dar said.

He said that Icrisat would provide the technical assistance to the local government of Ilocos Sur for the conduct of a three-year soil rejuvenation program, which will include the development of soil fertility map for the province.

Besides the creation of the soil fertility map, Dar said that they have also discussed additional funding for the establishment of soil laboratories and training of farmers, which would help the local government fast-track soils analysis in some 42,000 hectares of rain-fed agricultural land in the province.

“They would need another P20 million for the construction of a soils laboratory, and additional funding for infrastructure that would maximize the rainwater harvesting in the province,” he said.

Nationwide application

Dar said that they hope to gradually out-scale the Bhoochetana approach and replicate the program in the entire Philippines, which is one of the most vulnerable countries to climate change.

“We must implement a new paradigm of resilience, or face 30- to 40-percent reduction in yields,” Dar said.

Dar said that government should include programs that would focus on the development of soil analysis to optimize production—particularly in dry land agriculture areas.

“Soil analysis has been taken for granted in Philippine agriculture. We have been mining away our soils, which prevent us from maximizing production. We must bring back the health of the soil for us to optimize productivity,” he added.

Rain-fed agriculture, farming practices that rely on rainfall for water, covers 80 percent of the overall physical agricultural area of the world.

http://www.manilatimes.net/indian-farming-technology-set-for-test-in-ph/40070/

Back
Top Bottom