What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

AFP Allotted with P130.6 Billion for 2017

16 Agustus 2016

Armed Forces of the Philippines (photo : Xinhua)

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) on Monday submitted to Congress the proposed PHP3.35-trillion national budget for 2017, the first under President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration. Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno turned over the General Appropriations Act of 2017, dubbed as “A Budget for Real Change”, to House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez and House appropriations committee chairman Davao City First District Rep. Karlo Alexei Nograles at the Speaker’s Hall, House of Representatives in Quezon City.

The 2017 budget is higher by 11.6 percent than the current year’s budget of PHP3.002 trillion. Furthermore, the proposed budget represents 20.4 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2017, higher than this year’s 20.1 percent GDP share.

In his speech, Diokno said that the 2017 budget will focus on programs and projects that achieve Duterte’s 10-point socioeconomic development agenda. Of the PHP3.35 trillion proposed budget, 40 percent will be allotted for social services, 27.6 percent for economic services, and 22 percent for general public services and defense.

He noted that the budgets for the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) were hiked substantially to boost the administration’s war against crime, illegal drugs and terrorism.

PNP will receive PHP110.4 billion, up by 24.6 percent than in 2016, while AFP will receive PHP130.6 billion, 15 percent higher than this year’s.

Diokno also highlighted that the country’s total infrastructure spending for 2017 will increase to PHP860.7 billion, which is equivalent to 5.4 percent of the GDP, noting that the golden age of public infrastructure in this country will be realized by the end of the Duterte administration.

The Department of Education’s budget topped all the government agencies with PHP570.4 billion, a 31 percent hike compared to this year’s budget. This will help sustain the major education reform K to 12 program, in terms of classroom construction, hiring of additional teachers, and providing student assistance.

The health sector is proposed to have an allocation of PHP151.5 billion mainly for the continuation of the Department of Health’s universal healthcare program, as well as ensuring the full implementation of the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law.

The Department of Social Welfare and Development will receive PHP129.9 billion, which includes the PHP78.7 billion allocation for the conditional cash transfers (CCT) for 4.63 million beneficiary-families.

The subsequent budget hearings are set to commence on Aug. 22.

(Update)

This just shows that the Duterte administration is also prioritizing the modernization of the PH military.

Israel Shipyard's Shaldag Mk. V Fast Patrol Boat Offered to the Philippine Navy

18 Agustus 2016

Shaldaq FPB (all photos : israel-shipyards)

According to very credible sources involved in the project, the Philippine Navy recently released a Request for Information (RFI) for 6 Fast Attack Crafts to equip the Littoral Combat Force, Philippine Fleet. This is to fulfill a partial requirement under the Philippine Navy’s Capability Upgrade Program's Horizon 2 phase.

Despite bring a Horizon 2 project, it is now being front-loaded for early processing rather than wait until 2018 due to the prerogatives of new Philippine president, Rodrigo Roa Duterte, in beefing up the capabilities to fight internal threats like insurgency, terrorism, and drug shipments as part of his overall security plan.

The Philippine Navy released a Request for Information to Israel Shipyards recently, and a formal offer was made in response. The requirement is for a fast attack craft larger than the MPAC and almost the same size as the Andrada-class patrol gunboats of the PN.

SHALDAG Fast Patrol Boat highlights

*Designed for security operations requiring high intercept speeds, without sacrificing vessel control.
*Easy to operate, with low maintenance needs.
*Fitted with modern light-weight weapons systems.
*Special features:
-Acceleration 0-40 Knots in one minute
-Turning diameter of about 150m at 40 Knots
-Very shallow draft
-Exceptionally low slamming in all sea states
-Dry decks at all speeds
-High speed maintained in rough seas

See full article MaxDefence

Do you have a PS Vita? It has now been hacked wide open for piracy...time to get one for all those JPRPG and GN.
Nope, I don't have one.

What happen with your NC212i ordered and made by PTDI? Is it true that your gov't has blacklisted PTDI?

I doubt that it is black listed as the said Indonesia company are building two of those aircraft that were ordered by the PH govt.

I dont know that case in detail but hope the case can be solved smoothly and win-win solution between party.
Should have discussed with good spirit. Cooperation and join production between country in the next time is good plan.
Literally i prefer indonesia make cooperation with philippine than other asean country in basic defense need. Have same nature condition is one reason.
I hope that kind of case not happened again beetween asean country, will broke the cooperations. Meet and discussion is in the first place.

All must think ASEAN broterhood is more important.

What happen with your NC212i ordered and made by PTDI? Is it true that your gov't has blacklisted PTDI?

Is there any valid news about that? I tried bunch keywords but none relates to the matters. Cheers.

I dont know that case in detail but hope the case can be solved smoothly and win-win solution between party.
Should have discussed with good spirit. Cooperation and join production between country in the next time is good plan.
Literally i prefer indonesia make cooperation with philippine than other asean country in basic defense need. Have same nature condition is one reason.
I hope that kind of case not happened again beetween asean country, will broke the cooperations. Meet and discussion is in the first place.

All must think ASEAN broterhood is more important.

So what did you know about the issue? Any hints would be find.

Nope, I don't have one.

I doubt that it is black listed as the said Indonesia company are building two of those aircraft that were ordered by the PH govt.

gppb site
Cumulative amount of Liquidated Damages reached ten percent (10%) as provided for in Section 68, Rule XXII of Republic Act 9184
One (1) Year Blacklisting
06/30/2016 - 06/30/2017

so what's that thing? ...

Is there any valid news about that? I tried bunch keywords but none relates to the matters. Cheers.

So what did you know about the issue? Any hints would be find.

Sorry i dont know in detail.
But conduct to the procurement of 2 light aircraft from Philipine goverment to PT.DI .

Philippines twin NC-212i are already completed and ready for some action
nc-212-ph-jpg.330249

gppb site
Cumulative amount of Liquidated Damages reached ten percent (10%) as provided for in Section 68, Rule XXII of Republic Act 9184
One (1) Year Blacklisting
06/30/2016 - 06/30/2017

so what's that thing? ...

That I do not know as the news was not publicized.

Thanks to MaxDefense there's finally some news on the Frigate acquisition project! Design is still to be finalized by mid 2017 while expected delivery would be 2019 and 2020 for the first and second ships.

mHtHUq.jpg

Thanks to MaxDefense there's finally some news on the Frigate acquisition project! Design is still to be finalized by mid 2017 while expected delivery would be 2019 and 2020 for the first and second ships.

mHtHUq.jpg

Contrary to earlier and previous reports that mentioned the India-based shipbuilder GRSE, it seems that the shipbuilder from South Korea will be the one building the new frigate.

South Korean Shipbuilder Awarded Contract to Build 2 Philippine Warships
The frigates will be at least 95 meters long and have a displacement of at least 2000 tons. The frigates will also able to “survive at Sea State 7” with no degradation of anti-air, anti-surface, and electronic warfare capabilities at Sea State 5 and no degradation of anti-submarine warfare capability at Sea State 4.

Good news :yahoo:

http://defense-studies.blogspot.co.id/2016/09/south-korean-shipbuilder-awarded.html

South Korean Shipbuilder Awarded Contract to Build 2 Philippine Warships
The frigates will be at least 95 meters long and have a displacement of at least 2000 tons. The frigates will also able to “survive at Sea State 7” with no degradation of anti-air, anti-surface, and electronic warfare capabilities at Sea State 5 and no degradation of anti-submarine warfare capability at Sea State 4.

Good news :yahoo:
/QUOTE]

A good news indeed for PH. Is that Incheon-class frigate family?

Back
Top Bottom