What's new

Pfizer vaccine effective on COVID-19 variants in Japan, study says

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Around 90% of people who received the vaccine developed by U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc. were found to have developed antibodies against the various COVID-19 variants detected in Japan, a university study showed Wednesday.

The study by a research team at Yokohama City University was conducted on 105 people who had received both doses of the vaccine without contracting COVID-19 and checked for immunity against seven variants.

Of the 105 people, 90% to 94% were found to have antibodies against the variants found in the U.K., South Africa and Brazil, while 97% had antibodies against the variant detected in India, the study showed.

It also found that 99% had antibodies against the original coronavirus, present in Japan from the start of the outbreak.

The nation is now facing a fourth wave of infections amid the spread of more contagious variants, while its vaccine rollout is lagging behind those of other countries such as the U.K., Israel and the United States.

The vaccine developed by Pfizer and German partner BioNTech SE is currently the only one authorized for use in Japan.

Only antibodies, this doesn't mean it can deal with the different virus strains.

Screenshot_20210617-055244_Samsung Internet.jpg

^^^ from the same article. it ain't all that effective nor is it all that simple. age, health status, environment (especially for Healthcare workers working hospitals riddled with diseases), strength of immune system, preexisting conditions, etc all are variables in the equation of how effective any given vaccine will be.

Only antibodies, this doesn't mean it can deal with the different virus strains.

why dont you volunteer? I will offer you a free trip to my next door city of mmabatho where many are dying. Get your sinokak vaccine tested in an actual covid ward.

Pfizer has been rolled out for all seniors because of its efficacy.

It is a pity - you give all the world covid and here try to be blessed mother theresa....

View attachment 754260
^^^ from the same article. it ain't all that effective nor is it all that simple. age, health status, environment (especially for Healthcare workers working hospitals riddled with diseases), strength of immune system, preexisting conditions, etc all are variables in the equation of how effective any given vaccine will be.

my good friend in Bandung passed away this last weekend; he was innoculated with the sinopharm vaccine. He died in 4 days after contracting covid. He too had diabetes.

labeling vaccines for this issue is rightfully stated; too many variables plus age. i have had family members with diabetes who contracted covid - they went thru hell - one was in coma for 8 weeks; she has paralysis of limbs post covid.

Last edited:
on the contrary....

my good friend in Bandung passed away this last weekend; he was innoculated with the sinopharm vaccine. He died in 4 days after contracting covid. He too had diabetes.

You cannot label vaccines for this issue; i have had family members with diabetes who contracted covid - they went thru hell - one was in coma for 8 weeks; she has paralysis of limbs post covid.
did...you even bother to read my full post??? :what:

why dont you volunteer? I will offer you a free trip to my next door city of mmabatho where many are dying. Get your sinokak vaccine tested in an actual covid ward.

Pfizer has been rolled out for all seniors because of its efficacy.

It is a pity - you give all the world covid and here try to be blessed mother theresa....
Covid 19 is from Fort Detrick.

Covid 19 is from Fort Detrick.

No it's from a covid variant found in bats in a Chinese copper mine and tweaked in Wuhan. China is in denial and looking for any out.

The world’s closest known relative to the Covid-19 virus was found in 2013 by Chinese scientists in an abandoned mine where it was linked to deaths caused by a coronavirus-type respiratory illness

No it's from a covid variant found in bats in a Chinese copper mine and tweaked in Wuhan. China is in denial and looking for any out.

The world’s closest known relative to the Covid-19 virus was found in 2013 by Chinese scientists in an abandoned mine where it was linked to deaths caused by a coronavirus-type respiratory illness

Using misdirection I see

Pfizer vaccine effective on COVID-19 variants in Japan, study says.

u.s.a. nummmmmmmmmba vun,

japan, study also say.

every japanese woman want u.s.a. nummmmmmmmba vun husbund, japan study say.

:enjoy:

Pfizer vaccine effective on COVID-19 variants in Japan, study says.

u.s.a. nummmmmmmmmba vun,

japan, study also say.

every japanese woman want u.s.a. nummmmmmmmba vun husbund, japan study say.

:enjoy:

salty....are we?

Back
Top Bottom