What's new

Petrol price increase from 250 to 272 now

kidhar gay fheezu tay foola ? o begarato koi sharm sa mary ho ya zinda ho abi bhi ?

I paid ₹109 per ltr for petrol yesterday in India. If it is converted to PKR then it is equal to PKR 350. Current petrol prices are still lower in Pakistan.

In India it is linked to import price of petroleum. There is a little control but not like it used to be few decades back, when it was heavily subsidised.

Main problem in Paksiatn is import of a lot of other manufactured goods as well as food items. It is a shame that food items have to be imported inspite of large tracts of arable land. Same goes for basic goods that should have been produced within the country.

from now on 270 would be the normal price for petrol per litre.

I paid ₹109 per ltr for petrol yesterday in India. If it is converted to PKR then it is equal to PKR 350. Current petrol prices are still lower in Pakistan.

In India it is linked to import price of petroleum. There is a little control but not like it used to be few decades back, when it was heavily subsidised.

Main problem in Paksiatn is import of a lot of other manufactured goods as well as food items. It is a shame that food items have to be imported inspite of large tracts of arable land. Same goes for basic goods that should have been produced within the country.
abadi kum karo

It's been 109 Rs per ltr in my City, for nearly 6 months or so now.

It's been 109 Rs per ltr in my City, for nearly 6 months or so now.
When the subsidies were removed and petroleum prices linked to market prices, there was quite a hulla gulla in India too. Now we have got used to it.

Paksiatnis are getting that jhatka now. Why should government pay to subsidise commodities? Doesn’t make sense.

Good for them in the long run.

Last edited:

In the 1980's, The Economist magazine popularized Big Mac Index as a way to show distortions in exchange rates. Partly because of that, PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) exchange rate became popular. If you apply it to petrol today, $1 per liter seems like a fair price for comparison. Using that, India seems to be charging a bit high at 109 while Pakistan is priced right at 270.

Ours are stable for quite some time, it’s a major source of government revenue.

There is a rule to increase ethanol content in fuel, now it’s at 10%. In future they will go for 70% ethanol blend.
Infact govt is letting the OMCs make more profit right now to let the companies to compensate for the losses they made in 2022. Prices will be brought down below 100 by the end of 2023 with elections due in 2024.

Infact govt is letting the OMCs make more profit right now to let the companies to compensate for the losses they made in 2022. Prices will be brought down below 100 by the end of 2023 with elections due in 2024.
High fuel price will actually accelerate EV adoption.

Using that, India seems to be charging a bit high at 109 while Pakistan is priced right at 270.
Yup. You are right. We are paying more than our Paksiatni friends but see who is crying more. 😂
We have got used to this price mechanism and are living with it.

Yeh log bhi samajh jayenge ek do saal me.

Yup. You are right. We are paying more than our Paksiatni friends but see who is crying more. 😂
We have got used to this price mechanism and are living with it.
But it gets complicated when you use per capita GDP. Since India/Pakistan per capita GDP (PPP) ratio is 1.25, 109 becomes 109/83 = $1.31. Hence by PPP, 1.31 to 1 is not that dearer than 1.25 to 1.

But it gets complicated when you use per capita GDP. Since India/Pakistan per capita GDP (PPP) ratio is 1.25, 109 becomes 109/83 = $1.31. Hence by PPP, 1.31 to 1 is not that dearer than 1.25 to 1.
Now I am confused. Should I celebrate or not?😀

Now I am confused. Should I celebrate or not?😀
You don't have to feel too bad. You are not being overcharged by 31% compared to your Pakistani neighbors, but only about 5% since you are 25% better off. So, call it glass 95% full instead of 5% empty!

Bas aik baar wo Ghari (Watch) mil jaey. Aur Imran khan ko Watan Badar kar den, Sab thik ho jaey ga. Dont worry

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom