What's new

Peshawar Metro Bus Project Cost Increased to 57 BILLION

17457268_1522108514489523_5512922801331596738_n.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

So While KPK is building a metro in another news Mr. IK was bashing Metro projects again today saying " Metro se Qoum nai banti" Seriously ????

Lahore and Peshawar cannot be compared for many reason. I could understand if the budget exceeds beyond 50 billion for Lahore considering the size and population, but Peshawar?

Population of city do not effect cost. Number of daily commuter's does.

The Peshawar metro is designed for 500,000 daily commuters. while Lahore bus metro is for 20,0000, while ISB metro bus is for 100,558 daily commuters. You can see the difference if you want to.

You can recheck the daily ridership for each.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawalpindi-Islamabad_Metrobus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahore_Metrobus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peshawar_Metrobus

Population of city do not effect cost. Number of daily commuter's does.

The Peshawar metro is designed for 500,000 daily commuters. while Lahore bus metro is for 20,0000, while ISB metro bus is for 100,558 daily commuters. You can see the difference if you want to.

You can recheck the daily ridership for each.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawalpindi-Islamabad_Metrobus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahore_Metrobus

How 500,000 people will travel on 26Km track by Metro Bus? Any data to backup ur claim.

How 500,000 people will travel on 26Km track by Metro Bus? Any data to backup ur claim.

Lahore is way bigger than Peshawar but BRT in lahore can accommodate around 180,000 people on 27Km track.

Using 450 buses, I think. :undecided:

Lahore is way bigger than Peshawar but BRT in lahore can accommodate around 180,000 people on 27Km track

Go through this link, and check the specifications. you can also find Peshawar BRT specifications in this thread.

Let me Post them for you.

Planning and Construction[edit]
Individual sections

• a 126 km long corridor
  • 15 kilometer street level road
  • 6 km elevated portion
  • 5 km tunnel section
STATIONS FEATURES Additionally the bus route will feature:

• 32 stations
  • 2 depots
  • 50 bus stops
  • 40 buses
  • 6 km feeder bus routes
  • 30 acre commercial plaza
Total cost breakdown of the BRT is as follows:

• Infrastructure and depots: Rs. 39.27 billion
  • Utility relocation: Rs. 4.2 billion
  • Fleet scrapping and environmental mitigation: Rs. 1.11 billion
  • Fleet procure
ment: Rs. 7.78 billion

Difference B/w Peshawar Metrobus and Lahore/Rwp/Multan Metro Bus Project[edit]

Comparison of Peshawar Metro Bus with differenct Punjab Metro Bus
TransPeshawar is unique with other 3 BRT Metros in Pakistan in terms they way its to operate. Lahore/Multan & Rwalpindi Metros have a fixed corridor length and “air-conditioned” buses operate within that particular length. In contrast to that, TransPeshawar is designed for 8 different routes with an accumulated route length of 175Km and serving 131 bus stops along these 8 routes. TransPeshawar will serve 31 bus stops on-corridor and 100 new bus stops off-corridor. Other metros in Pakistan pick & drop the passengers from bus stops on the specialized corridor only whereas TransPeshawar is designed to pick & drop the passengers both on & off-corridor. 7 routes will operate as off-on-off-corridor sequence which will increase the utility of specialized corridor. Only 1 route will operate purely on-corridor just like other Metros in Pakistan. On Average all 57% route length of these routes will be on-corridor and 47% off-corridor. This arrangement significantly improves the utilization of the specialized corridor. Multan Metro bus has started its operations with 35 buses , with 68 for RWP/Islamabad and Lahore metro started with 45 buses. TransPeshwara is aiming to operate 383 buses of nearly same configuration as of Multan/Lahore on 8 routes throughout the city. The specialized corridor will have controlled entry and exit points for its 7 routes that will operate as off-on-off corridor. All 31 bus stops on-corridor are designed to provide park & ride facility. Bikers can park their bicycles on the station and take the bus to their destination. Similarly park & ride facility is provided for car drivers as well. There are 3 park & ride facilities each with a car parking capacity of 72, 90 & 100 cars and these facilities are located Hayatabad, Chmkani and Dabgari Garden. While its worth appreciating to provide park & ride facility to encourage the public transportation over private cars, more important is our attitudes. Can we prefer public transport over private? Will this affect our reputation in society? Other measures like increasing parking fee in areas near to on-corridor bus stops may help to some extent. However preference of TransPeshawar usage is directly proportional to the riding quality & efficiency & reliability of same.

TransPeshawar, in addition to the infrastructure directly assisting for operations, will also be developing commercial chops to stream in a parallel revenue stream. Scattered to various location along the corridor, it will be developing 1100 shops for rental purposes. The affected vendors, shop owners affected by this project were consulted and they are keen in getting formal business spaces developed under this project as a settlement for their loss. A key stake holder in development of this project is private public transport operator. PDA is presently in negotiations with private operators to chalk out the plan to accommodate their workforce and assets. TransPeshawar plan to employee the workforce currently engaged in transport business on priority to minimize their risk. Old buses may continue to operate in other areas of the city or to other cities. Other stake holders especially the households affected by this project have been consulted already and a livelihood resettlement plan has been prepared to compensate them.

Using 450 buses, I think. :undecided:

Go through this link, and check the specifications. you can also find Peshawar BRT specifications in this thread.

Let me Post them for you.

Planning and Construction[edit]
Individual sections

• a 126 km long corridor
  • 15 kilometer street level road
  • 6 km elevated portion
  • 5 km tunnel section
STATIONS FEATURES Additionally the bus route will feature:

• 32 stations
  • 2 depots
  • 50 bus stops
  • 40 buses
  • 6 km feeder bus routes
  • 30 acre commercial plaza
Total cost breakdown of the BRT is as follows:

• Infrastructure and depots: Rs. 39.27 billion
  • Utility relocation: Rs. 4.2 billion
  • Fleet scrapping and environmental mitigation: Rs. 1.11 billion
  • Fleet procure
ment: Rs. 7.78 billion

I am talking about Metrobus which will cost 57 Billion for 26Km track. You are mixing up things.

Let me clear things for u

According to details, BRT in Peshawar will be accessible to 17.54 per cent of the city’s total population or a total of over 500,000 individuals. According to the plan, the BRT routes will be extended beyond the corridor to provide ease to the population living in the urban localities of the city.

The 26 kilometres BRT, of which 6.0 kilometres will be elevated having five kilometre tunnels. The system will have 32 stations, two depots and 150 bus stops with an addition of 450 buses to the BRT fleet.

Two types of buses –9.0 metres and 12 metres – will be used for Peshawar BRT. The 9.0-metre buses will be plying on smaller roads outside the corridor such as Kohat Road, Bara Road, and residential roads in Hayatabad.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1368199/bus-rapid-transit-peshawar-wins-green-light/

The keyword here is ACCESSIBLE, it doesnt mean 500,00 will travel on it daily.

I am talking about Metrobus which will cost 57 Billion for 26Km track. You are mixing up things.

Your Question : How is this system going to accommodate 500,000 daily commuters.

My Answer : Using 450 buses.

Avoid other Provided materials. and no, all my data to back this statement is from news details about this project. and i can't dig things for you. you have to search for the media reports.

Just google "Peshawar BRT", open the news links and read.

@RealNapster You are just playing with words, We are talking here only about BRT, not about feeder buses or related project. BRT cost is 33Billion for 26KM track. Remaining is for feeder buses, parking plazas etc.

Look at First three rows, thats BRT cost for 26Km track in Three phases. which is around 34-34Billion.

upload_2017-4-29_2-21-9.png

Your Question : How is this system going to accommodate 500,000 daily commuters.

My Answer : Using 450 buses.

Avoid other Provided materials. and no, all my data to back this statement is from news details about this project. and i can't dig things for you. you have to search for the media reports.

Just google "Peshawar BRT", open the news links and read.

I have done it bec difference here is playing with world. If we look at Lahore BRT then surely it will be accessible to much more people bec lahore population is much higher than peshawar. Lahore also has Bus feeder system but its not included in BRT Lahore. For Peshawar they have added all the things together to show how many people will get benefit.

I do happy with these projects. BUt i am against politics on these projects wat PTI said about BRT in other cities.

So if we take total length according To peshwar BRT project. then Total route length of lahore route is 27+129 = 156Km.
http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/379901-Punjab-govt-launches-Metro-feeder-buses-in-Lahore-

@RealNapster You are just playing with words, We are talking here only about BRT, not about feeder buses or related project. BRT cost is 33Billion for 26KM track. Remaining is for feeder buses, parking plazas etc.

Before asking any question from me regarding "design specifications" of this project first you have to make your mind clear about 1-2 things.

1. i am not the designer.
2. i am not the claimer. i am just passing the information i got from multi-sources about this project.
3. When wikipedia says Lahore metro bus system is designed for 180,000 riders, i believed. as it's mentioned by many many sources. same is the case with Pesh Metro Bus.

Before asking any question from me regarding "design specifications" of this project first you have to make your mind clear about 1-2 things.

1. i am not the designer.
2. i am not the claimer. i am just passing the information i got from multi-sources about this project.
3. When wikipedia says Lahore metro bus system is designed for 180,000 riders, i believed. as it's mentioned by many many sources. same is the case with Pesh Metro Bus.

Thats the point, when we do discuss thing then we should backup with facts. Well cheers mate ma happy for all these projects at the end it will help common man. Cheers :)

If we look at Lahore BRT then surely it will be accessible to much more people bec lahore population is much higher than peshawar.

Lahore population is larger then Peshawar. Agree. But do this metro cut down Complete lahore city in two half circles ? do Lahore metro connect the extreme North and extreme south or extreme east and extreme west points of city ? i don't think so.

While on the other hand, Peshawar Metro system starts from Nowshera end of the city (Chamkani) and end at Hayatabad Chowk while crossing whole of the city and it's major points, all big hospitals, many universities including Peshawar Uni, Islamia uni, Jinnah college, Agriculture uni, and you just name a damn thing.

Now, if you have been to Peshawar, you will know the traffic conditions and it's density in the city. so even if they claim that it's designed for 700,000 i will still believe them. as i have seen the dense traffic of Peshawar.

Hope it clarify your question. if not, then i think i am not good in this". so better i leave this "explaining" and focus on reading different threads.

Thats the point, when we do discuss thing then we should backup with facts. Well cheers mate ma happy for all these projects at the end it will help common man. Cheers :)

Bro when siasat.pk says something. i don't believe them.
When Dawn say's something, i don't believe them.
when The News says something, i don't believe them.
When Express, Aaj, Jang says something still i don't believe them.

But when Siasat.pk, Jang, The Nation, the news, Dawn, Express, Aaj, Ary, Geo says something. i have to believe them. and this is applied for both, Lahore metro as well as Peshawar. I am not the designer doesn't mean i don't have the facts to back my statement. i do have sources and links to provide but then you will say show me the design approach. which i can't. so even after an argument of 4-5 hour's , i am bound to lose the argument. so why not now ?

So if we take total length according To peshwar BRT project. then Total route length of lahore route is 27+129 = 156Km.

Good to know that. :)

Back
Top Bottom