What's new

Pervez hoodbhoy interview moroo podcast

If you say so. I suppose the degrees you hold in all these subjects make your opinion more credible than Dr. Hoodbhoy's.
Much obliged to you for reaffirming the fact that Hoodbhoy ought to be taken as seriously as yours truly...

Unlike the towering intellect that is Hoodbhoy, even a complete nobody like myself has the common sense to know that Ghazali wasn't responsible for the decline of Islamic civilization.

Last edited:
Punjabi Pakhtoon Ittehad was a political force in Karachi in the 80's and 90's against the excesses of MQM.

Its worse in Sindh, I visited the Larkana, Jamshoro many times and its just Sindhi's everywhere, and in every Govt post there is a Jahil Sindhi pholoro sitting only because he can speak Sindhi.
I wish pervaiz elahi comes back that was the best time for Punjab (I know he is back but this is not exactly his government)

He wasn't a racist like the PMLn lot, we grew so much under him

Bring back Musharraf era - no PMLn no PPP
I don't even like IK, I just hate the other 2 more lol

But without all the terrorism

Last edited:
Much obliged to you for reaffirming the fact that Hoodbhoy ought to be taken as seriously as yours truly...
If your say so.
Ghazali wasn't responsible for the decline of Islamic civilization.
I am sure it must be true if it is your opinion. After all, you and your plumber friend are in touch with "the zeitgeist and pulse of prevailing cultural undercurrents and the realities," which, I am sure, is the criteria of good judgement and superior intellection.

Unlike the tower intellect that is Hoodbhoy, even a complete nobody like myself has the common sense to know that Ghazali wasn't responsible for the decline of Islamic civilization.

I know what you are hinting towards, considering you are an Urdu-speaker, but there isn't a thing called "Muhajir nationalism" or "Punjabi Nationalism" both of those nationalism movements culminated towards Tehreek-e-Pakistan.

Pakistani nation failed because of Sindhi ethnonationalism. Baloch ethnonationalism was just a reaction to state antics.
Cause without pakistan both are f-ed - Urdu speakers for obvious reasons and Punjabi Muslims would get slapped around by hindutavas for fun , that's why I laugh at some fellow Lahoris who are a bit soft towards Indians compared to rest of the country - brah you're the first target lol

That's why I hate other ethnic nationalists, they're putting so many people at serious risk for their petty reasons, we had the first experience of partition, we know shit first hand, no other ethnicity of Pakistan had their women tens of thousands sold as sex slaves cause of thier relgious background nor anyone else is at risk of that

And than I hate my own for tolerating demons at the top and than getting blamed by all others for thier sheningons- we need to get our shit together

Last edited:
That's why I hate other ethnic nationalists, they're putting so many people at serious risk for their petty reasons, y'all just don't know how sick it'll be for us we had the first experience of partition, we know shit first hand

Some ethnic nationalists are petty, but others have genuine reasons to be mad at Pakistan. PPP is the worst when it comes to this stuff as it taking Karachi hostage and holding the country back.

And than I hate my own for tolerating demons at the top and than getting blamed by all others for thier sheningons- we need to get our shit together

Its just a circus at this point, idk whether to laugh or cry. Window is closing as we speak. It is genuinely now or never before we end up behind sub-saharan Africa.

Agree with you OP, usually those talking points are by liberals trying to push the extreme inclusiveness narrative.

Although Pakistani identity as a whole is weak it definitely has a presence, and I think overtime it will only get stronger

I overall admire pervez hoodbhoy for his contribution to Pakistan in the field of science and technology ,especially his deep intellectual insights. But I strongly disagree on his views on nationalism. According to him nationalism is the curse of modern civilization. Well I expect him to explain why nationalism exists in the first place? The history of nationalism goes as far as the history of first human tribe on this earth. Despite being humans the hard reality is we can't be similar because of the part of the earth where we were born , the different culture, competing for resources , different atmosphere , different race and all the factors that come into play. If in one household siblings who are blood-related can fight with each other , here we are talking so many differences which are beyond our control. The people already fought , died tried to make it work but ended up living separately as tribes to protect their interests collectively or else it wasn't working.
In ancient world they called it tribe, today we call it a nation and as long as nationhood will exist you can't remove nationalism from it. Infact a nation is incomplete without nationalism.
Or else what else Mr hoodbhoy is suggesting the whole world as one nation of humans? The million-dollar question is would that work? Just leave the religious and political ideologies aside the humans on this earth have no compatibility to live as one nation of humans. I am sure we would have to start our journey on this earth all over again doing similar things , things our ancestors did thousands of year's ago.
Wait what contribution??
I don't think he published a lot in physics..
Has he?

Some ethnic nationalists are petty, but others have genuine reasons to be mad at Pakistan. PPP is the worst when it comes to this stuff as it taking Karachi hostage and holding the country back.

Its just a circus at this point, idk whether to laugh or cry. Window is closing as we speak. It is genuinely now or never before we end up behind sub-saharan Africa.
Don't know where u r but we are basically already behind sub Saharan africa

Cause without pakistan both are f-ed - Urdu speakers for obvious reasons and Punjabi Muslims would get slapped around by hindutavas for fun , that's why I laugh at some fellow Lahoris who are a bit soft towards Indians compared to rest of the country - brah you're the first target lol

That's why I hate other ethnic nationalists, they're putting so many people at serious risk for their petty reasons, we had the first experience of partition, we know shit first hand, no other ethnicity of Pakistan had their women tens of thousands sold as sex slaves cause of thier relgious background nor anyone else is at risk of that

Rest assured they won't be surviving the fall of Pakistan either.

Last edited:
Rest assured they won't be surviving the fall of Pakistan either.

But don't worry after 1000 of years, Allah has finally given power to Punjab, it will take much more than the fantasies of ethno-nationalists to take down Pakistan. Any genuine threat to us and you will see millions mobilizing in matter of hours. All the govt has to do is ask every mosque to declare jihad on the loudspeakers, we're ready son. Punks have no idea.
Wish we bring that energy when it comes to PMLn and than the bad apples in the army

That'll take care of 90% of everyone's problems

We need to take charge for the sake of ourselves and then pakistan too or else we'll suffer the most

I wish pervaiz elahi comes back that was the best time for Punjab (I know he is back but this is not exactly his government)

He wasn't a racist like the PMLn lot, we grew so much under him

Bring back Musharraf era - no PMLn no PPP
I don't even like IK, I just hate the other 2 more lol

But without all the terrorism
Anyone who serves and treat every Pakistani equally.

Right now you seculars and nationalists are playing kid games. When things will get serious we Islamists will temporarily unite and take over.
"We" Islamists :rofl:
They'll end up killing each other first and foremost - Shia, Sunni, than within that barelvi, deobandi, and within that they'll find more reasons to takfir and kill

Bunch of jokers

all this talk of going full jihad mode to deal with mofos s😂 reminds me of this

Jihadi nasheed with bhangra beats talking of conquering greater Punjab by Punjabi taliban- how about that one buddy? 🤣🤣
Anyone who serves and treat every Pakistani equally.
Missionimpossibleblurayboxset.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom