What's new

Pemra bans Hamza Ali Abbasi from hosting Ramazan show

Nice move by PEMRA
Ramzaan show is about Muslims not Kaafirs
what kind of idiot would talk about non muslims like Hindus,Christians,Qadianis on a Ramzaan show the holiest month for Muslims.
its like having a Christmas-Easter show and talking about Muslims

Political influence is there indeed. But i feel it is good in disguise for Hamza. I think many of his fans all of his pankhiyan would like to see him alive.
Yes..I agree :) ...what does this word mean?

No dude, amir liaquat is hard core mqm supporter.

The channel he works (geo) for can get away with anything and he is ratings goldmine for them

They will use their influence on baboon league to stop any ban

He was talking about rights of Pakistani Mirzayi citizens
He was questioning the decision of declaring Qadianis non-Muslims by the state.......he is an idiot, zealots on social media were talking about killing him, his fate may be like that of Salman Taseer......he should be careful and intelligent in a country like Pakistan where people can modify your original statement and give it other colours....he and others are also idiots by not understanding that Bhutto and others basically saved Qadianis by declaring them non-Muslims.......false prophets and their followers are wajib-ul-qatal to be precise.

He was questioning the decision of declaring Qadianis non-Muslims by the state.......he is an idiot, zealots on social media were talking about killing him, his fate may be like that of Salman Taseer......he should be careful and intelligent in a country like Pakistan where people can modify your original statement and give it other colours....he and others are also idiots by not understanding that Bhutto and others basically saved Qadianis by declaring them non-Muslims.......false prophets and their followers are wajib-ul-qatal to be precise.
Kobab noorani was literally abusing him and threatening Him of grave Consequence's.

Allah save him from yet another Ghazi qadri.

Nice move by PEMRA
Ramzaan show is about Muslims not Kaafirs
what kind of idiot would talk about non muslims like Hindus,Christians,Qadianis on a Ramzaan show the holiest month for Muslims.
its like having a Christmas-Easter show and talking about Muslims
I dont care about Easter or any other festival. being a Muslim I must show mercy and care for non-Muslims of my state in addition to fasting.
bullying, harassing ad hating should stop in this holy month if we care about the spirit of this month

if Muslims had your hateful attitude in early Islam then there was no chance for Sahabah like Hazrat Umar r.a to embrace Islam

Pemra bans Hamza Ali Abbasi from hosting Ramazan show

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) has barred actor Hamza Ali Abbasi and TV show host Shabbir Abu Talib from hosting their Ramazan shows on Aaj TV and News One respectively.

Know more: Ahmadi persecution, blasphemy law and other things Hamza Ali Abbasi will discuss on his bold Ramazan show

In a statement issued on Friday, Pemra said that it had received 1,133 complaints through Whatsapp, Twitter and telephone calls regarding the transmissions.

The complainants said both shows had aired provocative content.

"During these transmissions, ratings remain the focus under the guise of Ramazan shows," read the Pemra statement, adding that "provocative conversations took place during the shows which has led to much anger and sadness".

The regulatory body asked both Aaj TV and TV One to implement the decision by 7pm on June 17, 2016.

"Even after clear instructions from Pemra, unfortunately TV channel owners, anchors and audience indulged in non-serious and irresponsible conversations," added the statement.

Hamza, who co-hosts the post-Iftar transmission, Ramzan Hamara Emaan with Aisha Khan for Aaj TV, was holding discussions on the Ahmadi community and blasphemy laws during his show.

"Why is Ahmadi such a taboo word? Ideological stances aside, my only goal is that when an Ahmadi is killed or persecuted, the media shouldn't be scared to talk about it," he had said.
Past bans
Earlier, the regulatory authority announced a ban on shows dramatising crimes such as rape, murder, robberies and suicide.

Addressing a press conference, Pemra chairman Absar Alam had said that the authority has decided to ban such shows which re-enact crimes like murders and suicide, and those that raid places in the name of investigative journalism.

The authority had stated it was forming a code of conduct and rules and regulations, which will soon be issued to the channels.

Pemra had also directed TV and Radio channels to "immediately stop" airing advertisements marketing contraceptives and family planning products, according to a notification issued to all media in May.

The ban on contraceptives and family planning products was lifted a day later.

Geo Entertainment channel had received a show cause notice earlier this week for airing inappropriate content including ‘suicide scenes’ during its programme and has ordered the channel to explain its position before the authority on June 21.

Hum TV's child abuse drama 'Udaari' was also served a notice by Pemra, which asked for explanation of a couple of scenes in the May 8 episode of the drama series.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1265476/pemra-bans-hamza-ali-abbasi-from-hosting-ramazan-show
@The Sandman @Hell hound @Spring Onion @Jonah Arthur @notorious_eagle @Musafir117 @PaklovesTurkiye
So the criteria for banning a show is complaints from 1000 people in a country of 200 million :-\\

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.....thats all i can say. your statements about hamza keep making me laugh again and again....peer o murshad hamza.....:lol::lol:

larkiyan pankhiyan aur ap pankhay
Kahein ap bhi to nahi pankhi is kay sath jo ati hay uska to mein hoan pankha :D

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.....thats all i can say. your statements about hamza keep making me laugh again and again....peer o murshad hamza.....:lol::lol:
Jokes aside i support his stance on many issues particularly on govt and Ahmadis this ban is stupid and this was exactly what i feared after Maalik ban

Kobab noorani was literally abusing him and threatening Him of grave Consequence's.

Allah save him from yet another Ghazi qadri.
Zulm par khamosh rehnay wala bhi zalim hota hay

larkiyan pankhiyan aur ap pankhay
Ooh really how creative :lol::lol: ..I appreciate him sometimes but I'm no fan of his. I actually haven't watched any of his acting and for that matter any new drama from Pak since Alpha Bravo Charlie. But I have seen him speaking in PTI jalsas and also in some interviews. He is an opinioated person..a rare thing in the glamour world.

I agree with you on this. showing humanity and compassion as fellow human beings should be ok but yes.. questioning about our laws specially issue of Khatam Nabuwat and issue of Ahmedis or Blasphemy can be very hazardous to life.
so he should know better

case in point, our good old Junaid Jumshaid has fallen victim to misinformation that he dishonoured Bibi Aysha R.A which is unthinkable and I have seen the video in question. he denied it and even apologised and begged for forgiveness but still got attacked by hateful people who were throwing lewd insults at him at Islamabad airport

People like Hamza should abstain from appearing in religious programs. He is an actor, and a romantic hero. WTF is he doing in religious show on daily basis. His program is much civilized and has certain decorum but who cares in Pakistan.

He carries a strong political connection and in country like Pakistan people has very narrow vision of their religion and are very intolerant.

Back
Top Bottom