What's new

PDF Warning Points and Bans

ok so if get 3 points and get the week ban then would those 3 points be removed or will it remain untill one more is added which will result in a 2 week ban.
I read the other posts and still couldn't understand if your question has been answered or not...Maybe it's because of my bad English. Could you explain to me if you understood the current system ?

Can anyone of the great minds here, describe to me what does trolling mean?

Also, please suggest me on the below two general scenarios.

Does disagreeing with a post because i have a different opinion is trolling or bringing Pakistan's two nation theory in Indian ancestry line is trolling?

Also, please suggest me on the below two general scenarios.

Does disagreeing with a post because i have a different opinion is trolling or bringing Pakistan's two nation theory in Indian ancestry line is trolling?
:)

You can get a warning point just from saying "cardiac arrest".....

PDF.png

But a Pakistani Think-Tank can come into Indian section and say "fvck all the Indians" which was the situation we had a few a days ago in Turkish section. His posts will be deleted and will be allowed to walk away.....

So, there are no definite boundaries when it comes to the rules. You are just at the mercy of the mods's mood.

Warned Posts should also be made visible in that thread or list ....

Then HRK's suggestion would be a perfect example as you could go check posts that got their authors a ban!

But essentially, trolling is generating bad blood for the fun of it without reason nor regards to discussion.
The troll usually has fun as an intent and attacks easy victims but if the prey bites, they become bullies fast.
Normally, they have an angle : nationality, religion or sexuality or fanstuff which gets them fired up very easily.
Sometimes, complacent victims would be called trolls by their aggressors which is a fallacy.
In any case, as I said, the hurt is very real and so is the disruption of forums & threads.

But I really like the Wall of Shame by HRK, Tay

If i may add and if its possible, the list should contain the latest incident for which the points tally moved up and result is a ban.

As we all here are for good time, the forum more than just common pool of knowledge sharing has also become a hub of friendship across borders... This may help us talk, sort and possibly make our friends aware of what they are doing wrong bcz of which they get banned repeatedly.

A case in point is abingdonboy . He had avoided all the other sections since his last ban which got over early april, to avoid any controversy. Now since he is banned latest for 2 months, surely the mods would have some good reasons to take actions. But in the same time, if such a list carries his name and the issue latest for which he is banned, surely we all can talk and at least try to make an effort to change the thing which creates such issues in the first place...

He is a good contributor in the Indian section but owing to his 2 bans certainly the management perhaps believes in issues with his contribution which are against the forum rules/decorum. And i am sure ppl like @nair @MilSpec @Taygibay @Vauban can of course contribute and advise him to make those small corrective changes to avoid such issues again.

I am not saying we will be successful but owing to the fact that PDF has helped us build lot of friendships, we might be able to make small differences here and there and make the community better.

if it is possible, i would perhaps request the above mentioned sirs to check with mods if his ban time can be reduced and perhaps you all 4 can have a discussion/conversation with him to advise the changes needed. of course if its case of blatant violation and negative ratings, i would surely not like my request to be even considered but in other cases, perhaps look for a correction chance.

Not only for him, but may be for many other members who can be given a counselling and a chance to amend ways.. of course failing which this kind of chance wont get repeated ever again for any individual and no pardon would be granted in future,
I'm sincerely grateful for your kind words my friend; you are a true gentleman.

you are a good poster but off late you are getting a bit extreme.. lot of jingoism/fanboyism/nationalism in your posts. I know you are very young but I think you are too smart person to do something like that.
I appreciate the critique sir, it's certainly given me something to think about.

:)

You can get a warning point just from saying "cardiac arrest".....

View attachment 301029

But a Pakistani Think-Tank can come into Indian section and say "fvck all the Indians" which was the situation we had a few a days ago in Turkish section. His posts will be deleted and will be allowed to walk away.....

So, there are no definite boundaries when it comes to the rules. You are just at the mercy of the mods's mood.

For all intellectually dishonest & butthurt people .... plz read this

SARCASM
We do not allow people to post sarcastic post at all. They are a very pathetic way in the end to back things up. They will be deleted on sight and user warned.

TROLLING
Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

Then HRK's suggestion would be a perfect example as you could go check posts that got their authors a ban!

But essentially, trolling is generating bad blood for the fun of it without reason nor regards to discussion.
The troll usually has fun as an intent and attacks easy victims but if the prey bites, they become bullies fast.
Normally, they have an angle : nationality, religion or sexuality or fanstuff which gets them fired up very easily.
Sometimes, complacent victims would be called trolls by their aggressors which is a fallacy.
In any case, as I said, the hurt is very real and so is the disruption of forums & threads.

But I really like the Wall of Shame by HRK, Tay

I got a trolling warning when some cocky Chinese were boasting a lot about their submarine force,
and I pointed out that they never sank a single vessel in their history.
Certainly that is valid info to the discussion.

Then I pointed out that they did lose a submarine w crew in an accident,
and maybe phrasing could have been better.
The Chinese Navy did not come out as competent in my post for sure.

Warning was from a Chinese guy.
Not sure if the warning was because I claimed that the Chinese had nothing to boast about, and he got annoyed
or because it really was trolling.
Does it make sense that moderators from countries affected by a posting should act,
or should a neutral moderator have the honour?

Is boasting about unproved capabilities not a form of trolling?
Certainly it is annoying.

This was November last Year, is it correct to assume the point disappears after 40 days?

For all intellectually dishonest & butthurt people .... plz read this

SARCASM
We do not allow people to post sarcastic post at all. They are a very pathetic way in the end to back things up. They will be deleted on sight and user warned.

TROLLING
Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

I think everyone is aware of the "forum rules" https://defence.pk/threads/forum-rules-and-regulations.92653/

What i stressed out is the double standard of the mods when enforcing the "forum rules" on certain nationalities. I basically gave him a heads up since he is no Pakistani or Chinese....everyone else except these nationalities are treated as second class. So, he should be careful about his posts, as he can face with consequences that others won't...... as Webby says in his signature in a polite way.

upload_2016-4-18_23-14-54.png

User A or Mod A can insult or swear on you, your nationality, your people or your country....you shouldn't answer him in the same manner, you will get banned.

@T-123456 Big bro, that's why, i didn't replied that US/Pakistani Think-Tank. I don't wanna get banned and i want to continue to observe, contribute, ask questions to Cabatlı and CM in our section.

Victim card on display ... ??

thats great ... at least now I can ask you why you are making issue of that warning ....???

was it against the norm or the rules of forum .... ???

it was not an unnecessarily insinuating post .... ???

that post was not posted in Pakistani section .... ??

& if you are so 'honest' in your cause (whatever it may be) why you haven't posted my reply to Haman10 from the thread here .... ???

What i stressed out is the double standard of the mods when enforcing the "forum rules" on certain nationalities.

All must hail to the defender of subjugated communities .... at this forum

Turkish section have its own moderator Iranian section have its own moderator & both these gentlemen are from Turkish & Iranian communities ... & they are free to moderate the respective section under forum guidelines & generally no other Moderator interfere in those section ....

so a genuine question you are criticising whom .... ??

Who you think fall short of his responsibilities & duties ... ?? (if someone really has)

I basically gave him a heads up since he is no Pakistani or Chinese....everyone else except these nationalities are treated as second class.

Oh victim card, biases and prejudices of Management, Glass wall ... ??

are you suggesting that management has instructed these moderators to go hard on their own communities & adopt laxed attitude for CHINESE & Pakistani members ... ??

Are you suggesting that management is conspiring against all other communities & moderators from these communities are of such a docile nature that they choose to become aider & abetter against their own people.... ???

have you ever given any logical thought to your own bias assumptions about us ... ??

User A or Mod A can insult or swear on you, your nationality, your people or your country....you shouldn't answer him in the same manner, you will get banned.

You have the option to report any such post ... can you quote any such incident when any indecent post was reported & no action was taken .... ??

Pakistani or Chinese....everyone else except these nationalities are treated as second class.

AHHH! Come on, man! That's just not true and you know it!

Good night, Tay.

P.S. @A. P. Richelieu I read you and think things can always be bettered
. . . and that accidents happen but you really must take that up with a mod.
I can't help you here. And there's a thread for such complaints somewhere.

Its ok to have policy but please do choose the Mods wisely. Anyone below 30 should not be selected for serious areas other than members club or sports. After getting the immense mod power, college going students take it as a pastime alternate to first person shooter video games, bans at such a pace pre marking their opponents.

Victim card on display ... ??

thats great ... at least now I can ask you why you are making issue of that warning ....???

was it against the norm or the rules of forum .... ???

it was not an unnecessarily insinuating post .... ???

that post was not posted in Pakistani section .... ??

& if you are so 'honest' in your cause (whatever it may be) why you haven't posted my reply to Haman10 from the thread here .... ???

All must hail to the defender of subjugated communities .... at this forum

Turkish section have its own moderator Iranian section have its own moderator & both these gentlemen are from Turkish & Iranian communities ... & they are free to moderate the respective section under forum guidelines & generally no other Moderator interfere in those section ....

so a genuine question you are criticising whom .... ??

Who you think fall short of his responsibilities & duties ... ?? (if someone really has)

Oh victim card, biases and prejudices of Management, Glass wall ... ??

are you suggesting that management has instructed these moderators to go hard on their own communities & adopt laxed attitude for CHINESE & Pakistani members ... ??

Are you suggesting that management is conspiring against all other communities & moderators from these communities are of such a docile nature that they choose to become aider & abetter against their own people.... ???

have you ever given any logical thought to your own bias assumptions about us ... ??

You have the option to report any such post ... can you quote any such incident when any indecent post was reported & no action was taken .... ??

I made my case very clear in my previous post...and i'm not going to argue further more as it is useless to do so.

Back
Top Bottom