What's new

Patriot PAC-3 Successfully Intercept a Cruise Missile

can ballastic missiles use stealth tec ?
like what we got in iran ?

There is nothing so called "stealth" ballistic missile. USA and Russia haven't claimed to have such thing. Iranian officials who claim such silly things don't even believe themselves. They know no one believe them but they direct such fictional "breakthroughs" to Iranian people. I am afraid they would know the harsh reality in the hard way.

There is nothing so called "stealth" ballistic missile. USA and Russia haven't claimed to have such thing. Iranian officials who claim such silly things don't even believe themselves. They know no one believe them but they direct such fictional "breakthroughs" to Iranian people. I am afraid they would know the harsh reality in the hard way.
iam not saying that we got them nor denying it
because there is allways a first time and the worst mistake is to think low of your enemy
isnt it right?

iam not saying that we got them nor denying it
because there is allways a first time and the worst mistake is to think low of your enemy
isnt it right?

I don't underestimate my enemy but my enemy OVER exaggerates his capabilities to an extremely ridiculous extent. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those officials claims they are going to conquire other galaxies.

yea i know
we are overestimating our capabilities
i felt that one too but underestimating
is a mistake , dont forget that we do got the
RQ170 so its prove for somthing isnt it?

yea i know
we are overestimating our capabilities
i felt that one too but underestimating
is a mistake , dont forget that we do got the
RQ170 so its prove for somthing isnt it?

That needs time to explain. But, it's just one drone among tens of others that didn't get down, tech is not immune to errors. If Iran shot down more than one drone I will admit it but it still one for now.

That needs time to explain. But, it's just one drone among tens of others that didn't get down, tech is not immune to errors. If Iran shot down more than one drone I will admit it but it still one for now.
no it was hacked
but iran did shot down some predator,s and other kind
as well but this is the first to be hacked and landed according
to what iran revelutionary gaurd says

These are different class systems:

Pac-3 - 20 km altitude
S-400 - 30 km altitude
Arrow-2 - 50-60 km altitude
THAAD - 150 km altitude

Israel is developing now David's Sling missile which will be the analogue of Pac-3 and Arrow-3 which will be the analogue of THAAD. This will make 4 layer defence:

Iron Dome
David's Sling
Arrow-2
Arrow-3
120km (9M96 missile)
Flight ceiling 185 km
Boost time cold launch ejection system
Speed Mach 12.0
Guidance
system inertial guidance with radio command corrections

can ballastic missiles use stealth tec ?
like what we got in iran ?

No,

Ballistic missiles cannot use stealth tech.

They cannot use sharp edges because it would make a missile aerodynamically unstable.Thus a Ballistic missile can be tracked by radar.

Apart from Radar,US also has military satellites in orbit which can pick up the telltale sign of IR flash that accompanies launch of ballistic missile.In 1980's(i am forgetting the year) a blasting meteor in stratosphere was picked up by 6 military satellites which mistook it for ICBM launch.

Also in a terminal phase the warhead heats up to such an extent that even rudimentary Infrared sensors would pick it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom