What's new

Patria to unveil new vehicle concept at DSEI 2013

Somethings wrong with my internet, havent been able to log in for a while, and cant see any notifications... But enough with that, i seriously laughed at the "camo" on the vehicle, looked like some green flame/lighting pattern at first :D Overall the vehicle looks very neat, could be a good replacement for the aging XA-185/203s, and as we only bought 62 AMVs (pretty sad number), we could use modern APCs
Any details on the Armor and Armament ???

No, at least not in any finnish sources, but they said that it can be armed with a 120mm cannon, but i guess the standard version has the NSV or M2 machinegun.

See below. Not sure that 120mm limit refers to direct fire weapon (tank gun) too or just indirect fire weapon (mortar) only ...

DSEI 2013: Patria unveils new vehicle concept
10 September 2013 - 15:55 by Tim Fish in London

A new modular 8x8 vehicle concept prototype is being displayed by Patria at the DSEI exhibition for first time.

Heikki Allonen, president of Patria, told reporters that the vehicle is an improvement on the company’s successful Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV) and they have used operator experience and operational feedback to develop the new concept.

The prototype vehicle is 8.4m long, a width of 2.8m, and a vehicle height over hull of 2.4m. With the basic vehicle weighing 13t, there is a gross vehicle weight of 30t offering a larger payload capacity without sacrificing mobility.

With a maximum speed in excess of 100km/h, the vehicle has a climbing capacity of 60%, can overcome obstacles up to 0.7m, cross trenches of 2.1m and has an operating radius of 600-1,000km.

Allonen stated that the new hull has a modular architecture and so the vehicle is future-proofed and can incorporate a variety of weapons up to 120mm including the Patria Nemo 120mm mortar system. The vehicle is also fitted with a situational awareness, and vehicle health and usage monitoring system.

As well as improvements in firepower, flexibility through modularity and payload efficiency, the vehicle was stated as having a superior performance with an upgraded power line and a new integrated terrain control system and modular ballistic, IED and mine protection options if required.

Future electrical power needs will be met by a 530 amp generator and an engine power output of 450kw. The concept is a base vehicle that can be adapted to customer requirements. The vehicle on display was fitted with a Saab remote weapon station.

Vehicle performance testing is still underway and the vehicle will not be named until 2014.

About 1400 AMV vehicles have been sold to seven customers over the past ten years and Patria said that when new vehicle comes to fruition it will complement the success of the AMV and not replace it.
DSEI 2013: Patria unveils new vehicle concept - News - Shephard

patria_concept1.jpg

DSEI 2013 Combat Vehicles Photo Report - Defense Update - Military Technology & Defense News
patria_concept_front.jpg

Back
Top Bottom