What's new

'Parvez Musharraf to contest election from Chitral’

Hasnain2009

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Updated at Monday, November 22, 2010

CHITRAL: Former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf would contest election from Chitral district, a top leader of the newly launched All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) said on Sunday.

Addressing a public meeting here, APML Secretary General Muhammad Ali Saif said his party would usher a new era of development in the country. “The demand of people of Chitral that Pervez Musharraf should contest election from their district has proved that the masses want a change in the politics of the country and that only a revolutionary leader can bring these changes,” he remarked.

Saif said that champions of democracy and rights of the people were depositing huge amounts of ill-gotten money in their foreign bank accounts and inflation had reached the highest level. “Those raising the slogans of ‘Pakistan Khappey’ are looting the country and are depriving them of bread, cloth and home,” he said.

Muhammd Ali Saif, who is also a spokesman for the former president, said the government was taking credit of the development projects started by the previous government.

Khalid Pervez son of MNA Shahzada Mohiuddin was appointed acting convenor and Faizur Rehman as secretary general of the party, on the occasion.

Take 1 guess why he is starting from Chitral =
Shahzada Mohiuddin

Any further clues needed? The fact that Mohiuddin's son is going to be having any authority in the party has already cast doubts about its "righteous" future in my doubts.

"Khalid Pervez son of MNA Shahzada Mohiuddin was appointed acting convenor and Faizur Rehman as secretary general of the party, on the occasion."

And all the other so-called democratic parties are also doing the same thing, appointing big guns as high ups in their parties. Is a political party a personal property of some one? What is the difference, then?

Paladin

How would you suggest the united PML counter the kinds of tricks you know the ANP and PPP will play there?

Paladin

How would you suggest the united PML counter the kinds of tricks you know the ANP and PPP will play there?

Good point sir, personally I can understand what the general is trying to do, by choosing a strong familiar face. Secondly he KNOWS he has tremendous support from the chitral's.

During his term in office he did a lot of Chitral such as Lowari tunnel project, in general like elsewhere people in chitral are looking for change, the only difference is unlike Punjab or Sindh, votes in this part of Pakistan are very communtiy driven.

The PPP and PML etc will do what they did a few months back in London, harp on about Lal Masjid, Affia Siddiqui, GWOT etc... But i feel if the general tackles the actual problems faced by Chitrali's, problems the present administration have neglected... He will have a very strong position.

Perhaps he can take one of the many issues Chitrali's are facing head on as part of his campaign drive:

issues like the neglected education sector, chitral was once proud of it high litracy rate which due to government neglect has taken somewhat of a battering. This is a serious concern for the citizens of the area, as many see teachers moonlighting NGOs to profit from their role as educationalists whilst neglecting their primary duties as teachers on the pay roll of the state.

This neglect coupled with Apathy has ruined a once great system.

Other hot issues include:
The state of the DHQ Hospital in Chitral and the quality of healthcare provided to the locals by the (state) (note: i am not including Basic Health units run by Aga Khan in this)...

Chitral flights being diverted to Gilgit which are leading to great inconvenience for the people not to mention a loss of revenue.

Just my two cents sir.

Back
Top Bottom