What's new

Partition of India: Origin of Hatred

More Muslims died then Hindus/ Sikhs. Every scholarly work on partition states the same.

In an unprecedented situation where tempers were running high to a level never seen before, you can't keep a scorecard. Millions suffered on both sides. But unlike you, Indians have come to terms with whatever damage happened on our side. If you have not- that's your problem. And it is not surprising. The same mentality that has preveted you from trying to reconcile the situation at your end has also prevented you from resolving the migration related issues. How come India NEVER had a 'mohajir' issue while you still have one 60+ years later?

In an unprecedented situation where tempers were running high to a level never seen before, you can't keep a scorecard. Millions suffered on both sides. But unlike you, Indians have come to terms with whatever damage happened on our side. If you have not- that's your problem. And it is not surprising. The same mentality that has preveted you from trying to reconcile the situation at your end has also prevented you from resolving the migration related issues. How come India NEVER had a 'mohajir' issue while you still have one 60+ years later?

More Muslims were killed during partition then Hindus or Sikhs (or both combined). Tempers were high and all that, but the fact on ground does not change. I have seen the same statement in every bit of literature dealing with that time period. Prominent historians in India also agree on that.

Mohajir issue has been turned into a political issue and will live till those politics continue. Don't forget that Punjab bore the real burden of partition and millions of 'Mohajirs' which came from Indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab were easily assimilated. There has never been a 'Mohajir' issue in Punjab. This line of discussion will derail the current thread :P

Pakistani history books have fed you lots of lies.

'Times' artistic rendition of Partition (My bit of trolling :P)

TIME_Magazine_October_27_1947_cover.jpg

Why don;t you consult some good books on partition. Trolling is a knee jerk reaction for you :lol:

What good book, Hindus and Sikhs were wiped out of Pakistan, not the Muslims India. Don't claim bs from your history books.

More Muslims were killed during partition then Hindus or Sikhs (or both combined). Tempers were high and all that, but the fact on ground does not change. I have seen the same statement in every bit of literature dealing with that time period. Prominent historians in India also agree on that.

Mohajir issue has been turned into a political issue and will live till those politics continue. Don't forget that Punjab bore the real burden of partition and millions of 'Mohajirs' which came from Indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab were easily assimilated. There has never been a 'Mohajir' issue in Punjab. This line of discussion will derail the current thread :P

'Times' artistic rendition of Partition (My bit of trolling :P)

Source. And not just some pak text book.

I don't think so. As India develops, the importance of Pakistan in Indian psyche will also fade. Wait for another 20 years. The name "Pakistan", you may not hear as frequently as you are hearing now.

I wouldn't be sure about that, in coming years central Asia will be important and Pakistan controls one of the easiest routes to it.

Source. And not just some pak text book.

Pakistani text feed them lots of lies like "No Muslim reached Pakistan alive from India while Pakistanis were so generous to Hindus and Sikhs that they migrated to India very easily." :cheesy::cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom