What's new

Panshir Jirga Has Decided Not to Fight!

keep your uncle brown ideas to yourself. no breakup of afghanistan. PERIOD! its time to break up the anglosaxon civilization.

negative. panjshir does not have the luxury of stalling. they are surrounded, no food or medical supplies are getting in, they've lost most (if not all) of the high peaks and worst of all, WINTER IS AROUND THE CORNER. they are in no position to stall anything.
supplies can be air dropped.

They should hand over that rat Amrullah Saleh. I personally doubt he is in the Panshir.

India has 2 airbases in Tajikistan.
those airbases are minor, frankly they are air strips, don't even qualify to be called airbases. secondly, Tajikistan is literally a Russian satellite state and india needs permission to even take off which Putin refuses to give.

A respectable negotiated settlement for the Masood group within the Taliban establishment is the best that India can hope for at this point. At least with such a resolution, the Indian side could hope to have some sympathizers in the ruling establishment. It would also allow India to establish some sort of relationship with the Taliban in the future.

But if the Masood group keep their armed conflict with Taliban, then Indian side has nothing to gain.

I have seen your posts here and you often sound like a realist.
As for Indian fears about the Taliban, I think they are exaggerated as far as Pakistan using the Taliban against India in Kashmir. Pakistan has, unfortunately, millions of fanatics who could be used against India IF/WHEN needed. Pakistan doesn't need the Talibani cadre or the Afghanistan 'strategic space'. Even in the 90s such policies were highly exaggerated in their potency and they are much less relevant now. ALL Pakistan wants from Afghanistan is a neighbor who would not be a staging ground against Pakistan.

India used the Soviets in the 1980s and the Americans in the last 20 years in Afghanistan against Pakistan. And by now this should not be a surprise to anyone. And in a way, as General Tariq Khan interview said on this forum some weeks ago, both India and Pakistan would look to take advantage of each other's weakness--so I don't blame India for the opportunism.

BUT... India should not fear the loss of Afghanistan too much. To me, Afghanistan was a 'bonus strategic foothold for India'. It was bonus. Not something of vital strategic interests. Look up what India's own Shekar Gupta recently said in his video 'India should forget Pakistan and Afghanistan and look to the sea'. That is sound advice for India!

A respectable negotiated settlement for the Masood group within the Taliban establishment is the best that India can hope for at this point. At least with such a resolution, the Indian side could hope to have some sympathizers in the ruling establishment. It would also allow India to establish some sort of relationship with the Taliban in the future.

But if the Masood group keep their armed conflict with Taliban, then Indian side has nothing to gain.

India has nothing to gain in any situation. The moment US/NATO moved out of Afghanistan all was lost for India.

I have seen your posts here and you often sound like a realist.

Yes, I'm not a teenage nationalist :-)

BUT... India should not fear the loss of Afghanistan too much. To me, Afghanistan was a 'bonus strategic foothold for India'. It was bonus. Not something of vital strategic interests.

I agree completely with what you're saying. Even if the hawks in India are right in their prediction that Afghanistan will be used to train proxy elements for the Kashmir front, I'm sure the Indian military will be able to deal with that acceptable losses.

As for dealing with Pakistan, the most reliable approach for India would be to focus on the Indian economy. When there is serious money to be made through trade, priorities will change accordingly. Case in point is the tumultuous relationship between India and China.

India has nothing to gain in any situation. The moment US/NATO moved out of Afghanistan all was lost for India.

At minimum, India would like to have commerce with Afghanistan. This will require some level of sympathy for India within the new establishment. There is none of that for now. But I'm sure that with passage of time, the Taliban's posture towards India will soften as long as India does not meddle in their internal affairs. On the same vein, I think Pakistan's influence over the Taliban foreign policy would also vane naturally. The only constant in life is change.

A very wise decision because once the fighting breaks out then there is no stopping, there would still be no political settlement but with added burden of fighting and killings. This way at least there is no fighting or killing and the negotiations can continue. I hope and pray that they can come to a settlement themselves without ay foreign pressure/interference.

There are numerous sources confirming that the Panjshir Jirga has decided not to fight with the Taliban. Let's see to what extent the Indian Puppets and Amrullah Saleh do the spoiling act!

Meanwhile, the NA is giving confusing signals.

Some circles claim Ahmed Massoud will be a part of the 12 member ruling council.
Another bad news for India it seems.

Long before I was expecting peaceful settlement. I knew masood is just soft kid. He is not bet a thing. It was just Europen media n india media was making him famous

I have a feeling that THE PLANNERS in Afghanistan has purposefully created a pocket in the middle of the territory where resistance could gather - yet have no support from anywhere outside touching its borders. Such a land-locked resistance that was small and had no foreign support would ultimately negotiate and become part of the government.

I give planners 10/10 - and Alhamdolillah for keeping this transition free of blood.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom