What's new

Panama leak Case Proceedings - JIT Report, News, Updates And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) established 17 years ago that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s family and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar received over Rs1 billion “through illegal and fraudulent means” and were liable to be tried under anti-corruption laws, a fresh Supreme Court filing on Monday revealed.

Proceedings carried out by the anti-corruption watchdog in the year 2000 came to the fore when Prosecutor General Waqas Qadeer Dar submitted the records of two references including the Hudabiya Paper Mills scam and the alleged illegal construction of the Sharif family’s Raiwind estate in the ongoing Panamagate case in the apex court.

According to the documents, available with The Express Tribune, Nawaz’s late father Mian Muhammad Sharif, his brothers Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and the late Mian Abbas Sharif, Nawaz and Shehbaz’s sons Hussain Nawaz and Hamza Shahbaz, Finance Minister Dar and Haroon Pasha had been accused of “receiving ill-gotten money” in the Hudabiya Paper Mills case.

“It has been established that offence of corruption and corrupt practices defined under NAB Ordinance 1999 has been committed” by these persons, NAB’s then-chairman Lt-Gen Syed Muhammad Amjad submitted to an accountability court.

“It has been established that the directors of the company are in possession of voluminous ill-gotten money retained by them by opening non-bonafide fraudulent accounts in the name of non-residents and used the same for availing various financial benefits for themselves and their other business concerns”, showed the court filing.

The FIA investigations established that Siddiqa Sayed Mahfoodh Hashim Khadem, Sikandara Masood Kazi, Kashif Masood Kazi and Talat Masood Kazi deposited this money into Hudabiya Papers Mills accounts. Dar stayed with the Kazi family during his time in the United Kingdom.

Further, in their affidavits, members of the Kazi family had accused Dar of breaching their trust and misusing their passports for opening bank accounts without their permission, according to another set of documents available with The Express Tribune.

The ruling Sharif family, which is already facing a hard time in satisfying the top court regarding the money trail for the purchase of various London properties, is likely to face a tougher time tomorrow (Tuesday) in a case relating to the 17-year-old money laundering charge. The NAB chairman will also appear in person before A five-judge SC bench tomorrow.

The scam came to the limelight last month when the bench – headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – took up Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)’s plea seeking disqualification of the finance minister on charges of allegedly facilitating the Sharif family in laundering Rs1.2 billion.

Highlighting apparent lacunae in the acquittal of the Sharifs by the Lahore High Court (LHC) in 2014, the SC wondered how Rs1.2 billion were still “unaccounted for” and why NAB had not filed an appeal against the LHC verdict.

In 2014, the high court had quashed that Hudabiya Mills reference against the Sharifs. The decision was not appealed by NAB.

On April 25, 2000 – just a few months after a military coup that toppled Nawaz’s second government – Dar, who was incarcerated at the time, recorded a confessional statement in which he claimed that the Sharif brothers used the Hudabiya Paper Mills as a cover for money laundering during the late 1990s.

Just want to add some fun to the thread since it has grown very serious...
I have a question for you all.

When do you expect the final decision/verdict? please motivate your answer / guess

I am not asking about WHAT the decision will be? but WHEN will it be?
What is your guess?
Enjoy :-)

WnP

Just want to add some fun to the thread since it has grown very serious...
I have a question for you all.

When do you expect the final decision/verdict? please motivate your answer / guess

I am not asking about WHAT the decision will be? but WHEN will it be?
What is your guess?
Enjoy :-)

WnP

Depends... If a commission is to be made, then obviously verdict will take much longer...otherwise...i am expecting max..by next week...because tomorrow, NAB , FBR will come, then rebuttals...so not much is left.... Proceedings can be concluded next week and verdict can be given..but ofcourse, if commission will be made, then situation will be different...

@Farah Sohail

Any news related to Arshad Sharif's claim? I have heard that he is sticking to his point?

Mods deleted the sec thread on tht topic too :lol::lol:

Tweet tu last wohi tha.., us issue se related...which I posted yesterday in which he apparaently took a u turn.... But i didnt watch his program today to know..tht whether he talked abt the issue in his prog or not? ISPR is still silent .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: God knows ..why? ISPR clarification is important on this matter....

Tomorrow is the day NAB in Court.
Dont see much happening. Court will as usual be bharam over either not showing of records or incomplete records by NAB. We all know when it comes to the powerful how well our so called idara really work. In ka zoor amm admi per he chalta ha.

Mods deleted the sec thread on tht topic too :lol::lol:

Tweet tu last wohi tha.., us issue se related...which I posted yesterday in which he apparaently took a u turn.... But i didnt watch his program today to know..tht whether he talked abt the issue in his prog or not? ISPR is still silent .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: God knows ..why? ISPR clarification is important on this matter....

I seriously don't know what's happening.. If he is sticking to his previous standpoint, which is DG CI called him, and the DG and ISPR haven't clarified till now, it means he really called and wanted to change Arshad's narrative on government.

If Army is changing its own narrative, despite knowing how much NS loves our neighbors, then may God save Pakistan..

Very sad state of affairs..

I seriously don't know what's happening.. If he is sticking to his previous standpoint, which is DG CI called him, and the DG and ISPR haven't clarified till now, it means he really called and wanted to change Arshad's narrative on government.

If Army is changing its own narrative, despite knowing how much NS loves our neighbors, then may God save Pakistan..

Very sad state of affairs..

But he did apparently take a u turn in his last tweet on the topic...so am not sure..tht he is sticking to his earlier stance? Why do u think tht he is sticking to his previous standpoint?

But i still dont understand..why would DG CI personally call Arshad to change his narrative? And tht too counter intelligence chief? What does he have to do with it? Esp in these days....when counter terrorism operations are at its peak? :rolleyes:

But he did apparently take a u turn in his last tweet on the topic...so am not sure..tht he is sticking to his earlier stance? Why do u think tht he is sticking to his previous standpoint?

But i still dont understand..why would DG CI personally call Arshad to change his narrative? And tht too counter intelligence chief? What does he have to do with it? Esp in these days....when counter terrorism operations are at its peak? :rolleyes:

I can't believe he would call Arshad. I mean any other person could have called but not current DG CI. Agar 2-3 months main banday ka apna narrative change hojaey tou phir kia karsaktay hain, kis par trust karain... lekin mujhay 99% yaqeen hai aisa nahi hosakta.. anyway..

@ bold. I have heard that he has again taken strict stand against the person who called him (without naming the person).

I can't believe he would call Arshad. I mean any other person could have called but not current DG CI. Agar 2-3 months main banday ka apna narrative change hojaey tou phir kia karsaktay hain, kis par trust karain... lekin mujhay 99% yaqeen hai aisa nahi hosakta.. anyway..

@ bold. I have heard that he has again taken strict standpoint against the person who called him (without naming the person).

I saw a clip..of Arshad where he is probably talking abt this issue...and Arshad was furious tht the person who called him (without naming him) lectured on how...civil military relations are very good right now? No talk abt panma, but relating to civil military relatins... I really dont know what to believe? Yesterday he mentioned panama case in his tweets..then later took a uturn and now this?

Waisy regarding ISPR reaction... They always take a very long time to respond on any matter....

Even on dawn leaks, first reaction of army came 3-4 days later... On the same day , tht news came, ..denial came from govt...but army was silent... Then after 3-4 days..Gen Raheel Sharif went to PM house, where he reportedly gave 4 names to the Prime Minister, and joint statement came..tht investigation will be done...maybe here they waited for an internal inquiry, to know the real culprits and then handed over their names to PM

Then on Gen Raheel sharif'sland allottment issue too, ISPR reaction came after 2-3 days..and this latest denial regd Gen Qamar Bajwa address and his recommendation of book on indian democracy came a week later... So ISPR reaction comes very late always... I dont know why?

But they MUST respond on this Arshad Sharif issue... They cannot ignore the matter at any cost.. Did DG CI call him or not? If yes, what did they discuss? Maybe here too, they might be doing some internal inquiry? Whatever..they MUST respond SOON....

God forbid, if by any chance, what Arshad is claiming is true.,then God save Pakistan.. But cant trust Arshad here..since even he has changed his stance 2-3 times... Initially said something else..and now something else

Last edited:
God forbid, if by any chance, what Arshad is claiming is true.,then God save Pakistan.. But cant trust Arshad here..since even he has changed his stance 2-3 times... Initially said something else..and now something else

I agree.

Yesterday Arshad showed the picture of the DG (for me he is still a very respected officer, who had clear stance on internal and external security issues faced by Pakistan just a few months back), and today, he avoided taking officer's name on air.

But you know, iss daur ko fitnon ka daur bhi kehtay hain kuchh ulama hazraat.. I think they are right., it is very difficult to know the truth..

Waisay aik cheek note ki hai aap ne @Farah Sohail .. 2014 ke dharnay ke dauran, aur abb se koi 2 month pehlay tak, balkay even 2 weeks pehlay tak, PMLN establishment par ilzaam laga rahi thi ke government ke khilaaf sazish horahi hai.. kal ke baad yeh ilzam bilkul ulat gaya. lolzz.. abb tou pmln ye ilzam bhi nahilaga sakti ke ISI PTI ka saath de rahi thi.. lolz..

I agree.

Yesterday Arshad showed the picture of the DG (for me he is still a very respected officer, who had clear stance on internal and external security issues faced by Pakistan just a few months back), and today, he avoided taking officer's name on air.

But you know, iss daur ko fitnon ka daur bhi kehtay hain kuchh ulama hazraat.. I think they are right., it is very difficult to know the truth..

True... Am desperately waiting to know ISPR's stance on this issue.. I think they will respond...or they should....esp that this matter has been discussed on tv now too..and a major general was specifically named..... Maybe army is doing some internal inquiry..on it right now..just like they did on dawn leaks issue?

On another issue..did u see. COAS latest statement on Afghan issue? He now says tht Pak and Afghanistan will jointly fight terrorism :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also .what kind of powers are being given to rangers in punjab? In Rauf klasra's show...they discussed it in detail... Apex committee..headedby shehbaz sharif will decide..when, and where will rangers go? Ranger wont go anywhere in punjab without informing and taking permission from punjab govt/apex committee..which will even have Rana Snaullah... So here goes punjab so called operation dhabardoos down the drain.... Just face saving and matti pao operation in punjab...

I agree.
Waisay aik cheek note ki hai aap ne @Farah Sohail .. 2014 ke dharnay ke dauran, aur abb se koi 2 month pehlay tak, balkay even 2 weeks pehlay tak, PMLN establishment par ilzaam laga rahi thi ke government ke khilaaf sazish horahi hai.. kal ke baad yeh ilzam bilkul ulat gaya. lolzz.. abb tou pmln ye ilzam bhi nahilaga sakti ke ISI PTI ka saath de rahi thi.. lolz..

Hmmm...ye bhi hai... Pata nahi..kia sach hai...kiya nahi? But I am seriously hoping tht what Arshad is saying is not true...and since he has even switched his stance..then theres much possibility tht it isnt true

On another issue..did u see. COAS latest statement on Afghan issue? He now says tht Pak and Afghanistan will jointly fight terrorism :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lolz..

Also .what kind of powers are being given to rangers in punjab? In Rauf klasra's show...they discussed it in detail... Apex committee..headedby shehbaz sharif will decide..when, and where will rangers ho? Ranger wont go anywhere in punjab without informing and taking permission from punjab govt/apex committee..which will even have Rana Snaullah... So here goes punjab so called operation dhabardoos down the drain.... Just face saving and matti pao operation in punjab...

Aisa hona tou nahi chahiey... Rangers aisa nahi karegi.. aur agr unhain zara bhi yeh shak hogaya ke information leak hojati hai.. tou phir tou rangers apnay aap ko bhi bataey baghair operation karegi.. lolz.

Lolz..

Aisa hona tou nahi chahiey... Rangers aisa nahi karegi.. aur agr unhain zara bhi yeh shak hogaya ke information leak hojati hai.. tou phir tou rangers apnay aap ko bhi bataey baghair operation karegi.. lolz.

@bold... Nothing funny :rolleyes: :( Infact quite sad....turn of events

@red... Karachi main pehle Apex committees se info leak hojati thee..and some people ran.. Even after tht experience.. If rangers agree to these terms..which apparently they have agreed to....amir Mateen showed draft of rangers powers in punjab in his program.....tu hum siwaye afsos karnay ke...aur kiya karsaktay hain? Dont forget...Rana Sanaullah will be in tht apex committee too

In punjab..no operation is possible... Koi bhi in (govt) ki marzi ke khilaf kuch nahi karsakta... Dunya idhar se udhar hojaye gi lekin punjab main operation nahi hosakta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom