What's new

PakSuzuki it is time to bid farewell To "Mehran"

Here is similar one below from daewoo (now defunct) called matiz. This creature along with ceilo has become extinct :partay:. Dude you need to move to dubai and get some good phoren maal .

Daewoo_Matiz_M100_silver.JPG
First masters than maybe Oman :D
habibi @MaarKhoor haza aey,un in your paroos,un

I have driven Mini truck (once on a long route from one city to other at night), I have driven Toyota mini passenger van, land cruisers, harriers, corollas, civic, citi and others without any problem, but when I drove this POS I swore never to drive it again (except that I had to pass my driving test on this piece of junk) I would always prefer riding a chingchi rickshaw to travel, then to drive this joke of a car.

This car, the Mehran is very uncomfortable to drive and as the article said has few safety features. I believe new cars should come up and replace this rubbish. But Mehran remains the cheapest car left available in the Pakistani market-precisely why people buy it. It is a piece of trash and a very old car.

Even old Suzuki FX were more reliable than present toy Suzuki Mehran. Yea i agree they are still cheap compare to others car available in Pakistan and also their resale value is pretty impressive but they still cannot be count as affordable car for middle class with price tag of 6/7 lakhs. The best pleasure is to drive these toy cars in heavey rain as it would be like a blind guy driving a car . Most of these used cars are running as taxi without mirrors and windscreen wiper :D
I have one and my mom force me to use instead of my 125 (Honda) nearly as old as i am and remmber my classmates simging Sanu vi ley chal naal vey bhaoo soni ghadi waliya. i just hate this car.

Lol in Canada you can get a used BMW better than present Suzuki.

The high tariffs have killed Pakistan auto industry from advancing. Though Honda Civic is doing good job, it still can be acquired cheaper here. Other thing is, labour in Pakistan is cheaper than Canada. So they should be able to sell cars cheaper there which are manufactured there, as people earn less money.

I hope VW comes to Pakistan. They're owner of Audi and many other companies, so they can bring other cars too.

But American cars will be better for Pakistan as they're cheaper. They offer a lot of competition to Japanese in the US and Canada (but that's partially maybe because Americans prefer to support their auto industry).

Its more to do with failed auto policy than cheap labour.

Just like everything in Pakistan is a mafia, so is this so called auto industry. Its a small group of assemblers who have only been assembling vehicles with extremely cheap quality and demanding prices equal to Europe and US.

These assemblers have good connections with bureaucracy and political leadership - another set of mafias, and these mafias together protect their own interests.

Last year when Toyota released their new Corolla. I think the top notch model was PRK 27,000,000 (Rs 2.7 million!!!). But when looked inside, the rubber lining on the rim of the sun roof was as if it was attached by some road side mechanic. You cant imagine the cheap quality unless you go inside a dealership in PAkistan.

I have seen Suzuki cars there, brand new, with one side shining and the other very dull. On inquiry it was revealed, the factory did not spray the lacquer on one side.

Pakistanis are fools. Give them anything at any price, they will buy it. Their consumer conscience is dead. Thats why everyone, from politicians down screw them and they dont even know!

Until people start voting with their wallets, they will keep shoving this sh!t down their throats.
Suzuki doesn't sells its junk on gun point. There is a big demand from stupid people who don't have better choice to buy anything in 5-7 lacks range except buying used imported cars which are better but people are reluctent to buy them b/c of unavailability of spare parts..

God damn i hate Mehran.

Last edited:
This is a very nice car which has a lower price tag than Mehran
Chery_QQ_in_Pakxe_Laos.jpg

No, it don't, its more then 7lacs now and quality not good.

But Cuore was good in quality and price was ok too initially, but Indus motors increase price to high and didn't evolve the car and suddenly discontinued it, it gave good competition to Mehran.

cuore car.jpg

Better dashboard then Mehran's at least.

daihatsu-cuore-cl-3-2003-9118888.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistani tax market allow this crappy car to thrive. 7 lacs for this junk is totally waste. But what else options Pakistanis have when only Chinese car with disposable outlook are cheaper than Mehran. Chinese car are no fun, at least not in Pakistan. Becomes useless in just 4-5 years, I believe this is due to no proper service available for this car.

Pakistan should develop their own cars to bring Mehran down or improve. We are fade up with these extremely inefficient unsafe and pricy piece of scarp.

Can't we have our own car industry?
Our desi engineers got talent...... All they need infrastructure....... wish if NS establish an automobile company instead of Disneyland in Pakistan.:undecided:

Have a look at local Pakistani cars

IMG_20151118_085949.jpg
IMG_20151118_090008.jpg
IMG_20151118_090026.jpg

They are not too bad :enjoy:

Suzuki Khyber was a good car, we still have it , i was asking my dad about it the other day and he told me its been parked for months as it needs overhauling & we are using Honda Civic these days, i remember group of friends travelling to northern area's on this same Suzuki Khyber 1996 model later changed to Swift and then phased out..... but i do agree that Suzuki did not upgrade its low end models, bcoz they know people are willing to buy the trash.....
Suzuki-Khyber-1996-345119.jpg

Back
Top Bottom