What's new

Pak's deal 'No drone attack on camps training terrorists against India':NYT

This russian roulette is been played between us since 47-
While you will maintain a good flow of money to BLA or Afghanistan we will keep on playing our part Against you- be it LeT or whatever-
Why you guys suddenly become so innocent or i say ignorant some times and start complaining to the world about Pakistan like saints is above me-

Its part of dealing with Pakistan to reduce its credibility in the international arena.. India has been successful in that area. Again as far as I see you are not in control of it much, these groups have come to bite you and they seem to listen to no one.

According to a piece I read the illaqa e ghairs popularly known for special weapons taining though are run by ISI bit they have no real control on who gets trained there.. How much of it is true?

If it is not, still LeT has been not able to achieve much despite no focus of US on them.. I don't see how it will suddenly transform itself into a more potent organisation and how ISI will control them to damage only Indian interests.

In India the steady voice of a tighter counter terrorism infrastructure is rising and some more attacks will only accelerate the process hence again India will be able to handle of course with some attrition but then of no real worth to any of your stated objectives.

Ohh u angels yeah world knw what we are but what you guys doing in afghanistan and dnt forgt abut baluchistan...dnt try to be over smart.
We are building road, school, railway and hospital in Afghanistan. What do you think we are doing at there? BTW Baluchistan is not connected with India by land and you have your super duper Navy who can sink even Indian AC . so there is no chance we can do anything.:devil:

I'm surprised nobody is discussing the content of 95% of the rest of the article and instead fixated on this.

the U.S. only cares about going after those elements that they view as hostile to NATO-administered Kabul or those potentially hostile to the U.S.

some of you people keep bringing up LeT --- which is a non-existant organization in Pakistan. Some of you bring up the likes of Hafiz Saeed -when no damning evidence implicates him in any wrong-doing (the Americans themselves have alluded to this).

in the shadow of war, maybe there is some truth to this article (me personally, i never buy what New York Slimes has to say)....however if you want to talk about militants in mountains, then let's also talk about BLA/BRA as well as TTP militants hiding across the border in Afghanistan - paid as handsomely as Mr. "Nek Mohammad" to engage in anti-Pakistan activity.....and that too at a time when we are genuinely working to bring stability and promote reconciliation in Afghanistan.

Theoretically, if the USA continously bombs the Pakistan taliban areas then the civil war will be stretched for quite awhile in Pakistan. That will keep the Pakistani establishment quite busy. LeT is a rag tag outfit which is more of a flea on a dog's rear when it comes to its threat capability to India. Perhaps this deal if it is genuine is a blessing to India

We are building road, school, railway and hospital in Afghanistan. What do you think we are doing at there? BTW Baluchistan is not connected with India by land and you have your super duper Navy who can sink even Indian AC . so there is no chance we can do anything.:devil:

Denial mode on (as usual) :whistle: :whistle:

Only part of this has held true- they drones don't target the terror camps used against India but the US now doesn't inform the ISI about any drone strikes ahead of time.

Shows the US' self-serving nature. Fair enough they are taking care of number 1. India should do the same.

they had no intention to whack Baitullah Mehsud; we tricked them into carrying out that drone strike

so there has been duplicity on both sides regarding who we view as bad versus who they regard as bad. Nobody doubted that, it's even been publicly acknowledged many times!

they had no intention to whack Baitullah Mehsud; we tricked them into carrying out that drone strike

so there has been duplicity on both sides regarding who we view as bad versus who they regard as bad. Nobody doubted that, it's even been publicly acknowledged many times!

Indeed, I agree with this. Same goes for the very local Pakistani spotters the CIA employs, they use the drone strikes as a way to settle petty scores between themselves and some other poor unsuspecting b@stard. No one said Drones were a good weapon.

I'm surprised nobody is discussing the content of 95% of the rest of the article and instead fixated on this.

the U.S. only cares about going after those elements that they view as hostile to NATO-administered Kabul or those potentially hostile to the U.S.

some of you people keep bringing up LeT --- which is a non-existant organization in Pakistan. Some of you bring up the likes of Hafiz Saeed -when no damning evidence implicates him in any wrong-doing (the Americans themselves have alluded to this).

in the shadow of war, maybe there is some truth to this article (me personally, i never buy what New York Slimes has to say)....however if you want to talk about militants in mountains, then let's also talk about BLA/BRA as well as TTP militants hiding across the border in Afghanistan - paid as handsomely as Mr. "Nek Mohammad" to engage in anti-Pakistan activity.....and that too at a time when we are genuinely working to bring stability and promote reconciliation in Afghanistan.

Yes indeed let's talk about what you propose, so tell us what do you have against us?

Its part of dealing with Pakistan to reduce its credibility in the international arena.. India has been successful in that area. Again as far as I see you are not in control of it much, these groups have come to bite you and they seem to listen to no one.

According to a piece I read the illaqa e ghairs popularly known for special weapons taining though are run by ISI bit they have no real control on who gets trained there.. How much of it is true?

If it is not, still LeT has been not able to achieve much despite no focus of US on them.. I don't see how it will suddenly transform itself into a more potent organisation and how ISI will control them to damage only Indian interests.

In India the steady voice of a tighter counter terrorism infrastructure is rising and some more attacks will only accelerate the process hence again India will be able to handle of course with some attrition but then of no real worth to any of your stated objectives.

The man who tried to assassinate Musharraf was too once fighting in Kashmir, there are many more who's priority changed from fighting Indian troops in Kashmir to attack their own creator and that phenomena can't be ruled out for others.

Pakistani Logic:

1. TTP is funded by USA/NATO: Till date no Pakistani has given the proof. Bt still they "BELIEVE" in it.
2. India is supporting Baloch movement: Till date no Pakistani has given proof of it,Bt still they "BELIEVE" in it.

Rehaman Malick to Hina Rabbani no one came with proof. I am waiting at Whitefield(Bangalore) since many years. Hope They will come with proof before I die... (As Rehman said he is waiting for right time)... lol!

@Topic: USA must show commitment against terrorism, Those snake who are targeting India, will bite USA once they grow bigger. Its time NATO strike all terrorists camp coz NATO/Israel and India is ultimate enemy of these snakes. More Daniel will die if USA will not act, More Americans and Jews will die in Mumbai like attack.

I am surprised why Israel is silent (India is silent to save the vote bank), Israel should avenge Jews death in 26/11.

Theoretically, if the USA continously bombs the Pakistan taliban areas then the civil war will be stretched for quite awhile in Pakistan.

there was no "civil war" until NATO invaded Afghanistan

at the moment, there are anti-state militant factions (TTP and AUI) busy killing eachother and saving us bullets. Tribal wars have gone on for centuries though now they've taken a different dimension. Not a long term thing though (long term being defined as 7-10 years or longer). It wont be an easy fight though but as long as majority of the tribes support the army and cooperate with intel agencies then the war in winnable.

and luckily - geographically it's concentrated in one region of the country unlike other countries in which 1/3 the landmass is under control or de-facto control of insurgents (hint hint)

That will keep the Pakistani establishment quite busy. LeT is a rag tag outfit which is more of a flea on a dog's rear when it comes to its threat capability to India. Perhaps this deal if it is genuine is a blessing to India

LeT is a nonexistant entity. But I'm glad you view them as not a threat. I hope your media and your babus can learn to stop yapping their name in every other sentence they speak.

The problem with indians is that they yelp when they are bitten but they fail to understand (nor show any ability to understand) why certain groups want to attack them. As long as the Kashmiri issue remains lingering and unsolved and as long as excesses are committed against Muslim majority Kashmiri region then naturally there will be response from the other side. Even in Pakistan there are sympathizers for such groups (defunct or active) since the Kashmiri issue affects Pakistan directly.

A known fact now, nonetheless confirmed by your post. Even the recent study done at west point shows that the LeT is well and alive albeit maybe under a different alias with a majority of its recruits hailing from parts of Punjab in Pakistan and extant GOP funding.

...if they think they can get away with another bloody mayhem then they don't know what is awaiting them.... a flash-point for a nuclear catastrophe.

Any illusion of cessation of proxy warfare is bunkum. At least, according to some Pakistani posters, we've begun to pay them back in kind- never did imagine that I would enjoy reading about the gruesome deaths of other people but alas.

I would like to believe in Indian involvement... if these Pakistani posters can show some evidence. Until then, it is just bunkum.

We can bleed them to death with low fare extended war.

Nope chances of that happening are very rare-
The two are completely different in ideologies-
As long as Kashmir issue is hot- LeT will remain focused on that-

The man who tried to assassinate Musharraf was too once fighting in Kashmir, there are many more who's priority changed from fighting Indian troops in Kashmir to attack their own creator and that phenomena can't be ruled out for others.

Adding to it, the man who killed Daniel Pearl was exchanged in Kandhar Hijack. If USA will not kill these hachlings, they will bite USA. The ultimate target is
a) USA/NATO
b) Israel
c) India
The target place can be anywhere.

Pakistani Logic:

1. TTP is funded by USA/NATO: Till date no Pakistani has given the proof. Bt still they "BELIEVE" in it.
2. India is supporting Baloch movement: Till date no Pakistani has given proof of it,Bt still they "BELIEVE" in it.

Rehaman Malick to Hina Rabbani no one came with proof. I am waiting at Whitefield(Bangalore) since many years. Hope They will come with proof before I die... (As Rehman said he is waiting for right time)... lol!

@Topic: USA must show commitment against terrorism, Those snake who are targeting India, will bite USA once they grow bigger. Its time NATO strike all terrorists camp coz NATO/Israel and India is ultimate enemy of these snakes. More Daniel will die if USA will not act, More Americans and Jews will die in Mumbai like attack.

I am surprised why Israel is silent (India is silent to save the vote bank), Israel should avenge Jews death in 26/11.

You from Whitefield ? Me too.

Back
Top Bottom