What's new

Pakistan's war capabilities and war time economy predictions

Warking

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This thread is about discussion and getting a deeper understanding of Pakistan. We will not discuss course of wars or such things, we will however discuss 4 things.

1. Pakistan's industrial capabilities ( militarily )
2. Pakistan's industry strength generally so civilian industry is included like steel production etc
3. Pakistan's economy now ( The current peace time GDP, GDP growth etc)
4. Incase of a large conventional war will our industry hold up can we support a war?

These are quite vague for that i am sorry but this thread is more about fun and to create food for thought.

What do you have in mind? A 20 odd day for or an extended war?

In either case, I think oil/ gas remains the biggest economic factor that the enemy can target, this could take the form of a blockade to stop replenishment or targeting of oil and gas storage facilities.

Consider allocating $2 billion per week in war fighting expenses in current situation.

..... and then add lost tax revenue to government due to war which would be exponential depending upon the length of the conflict. So if conflict is for 3 months, consider there would be almost no revenue collected by government for the whole 12 months. Currently government is collecting roughly $3-$3.4 billion per month.

So you better save $50-$60 billion for a 3 months conflict, to be very conservative. And also make sure you have enough USD in foreign reserves to pay for your imports meanwhile ( that estimate of $50-$60 billion expense mentioned in last sentence, does not include the import bill).

Last edited:
Consider allocating $2 billion per week in war fighting expenses in current situation.

..... and then add lost tax revenue to government due to war which would be exponential depending upon the length of the conflict. So if conflict is for 3 months, consider there would be almost no revenue collected by government for the whole 12 months. Currently government is collecting roughly $3-$3.4 billion per month.

So you better save $50-$60 billion for a 3 months conflict, to be very conservative. And also make sure you have enough USD in foreign reserves to pay for your imports meanwhile ( that estimate of $50-$60 billion expense mentioned in last sentence, does not include the import bill).
Instead defer the war and pay external debts for now... You can wage war when things are favourable to you... And no one is imposing war on Pak now or next decade and this includes India..

What do you have in mind? A 20 odd day for or an extended war?

In either case, I think oil/ gas remains the biggest economic factor that the enemy can target, this could take the form of a blockade to stop replenishment or targeting of oil and gas storage facilities.
I mean full scale conventional war with India and china as ally; is Pakistan ready for it are we preparing for it. How long of a war can we sustain currently.

This thread is about discussion and getting a deeper understanding of Pakistan. We will not discuss course of wars or such things, we will however discuss 4 things.

1. Pakistan's industrial capabilities ( militarily )
2. Pakistan's industry strength generally so civilian industry is included like steel production etc
3. Pakistan's economy now ( The current peace time GDP, GDP growth etc)
4. Incase of a large conventional war will our industry hold up can we support a war?

These are quite vague for that i am sorry but this thread is more about fun and to create food for thought.
War time? Eh?
Should we figure out the peace time first?

Back
Top Bottom