What's new

Pakistan's Trade deficit widens by 45%

I follow Pakistani media and Indian media closely .... that is contrary to your thoughts....

you see what you want to see, i dont watch India media but Pakistani media only brings India when there is a conflict between us

you see what you want to see, i dont watch India media but Pakistani media only brings India when there is a conflict between us
No Dear me... I do have some exposure to pakistan canadian media.... that expose the truth.

true, let Imran continue his Dharna for few more years to bring prosperity in Pakistan.
Or take whatever is left, ~2.1% of GDP already trimmed off due to the "competent" Idiots...

Can anyone explain this?? @farhan9909

According to IMF (in this case) it thinks that Pakistani Rupee is "overvalued" and should be depreciated to 114.00 which is its true value (matching their economy parameters calculations)

According to IMF (in this case) it thinks that Pakistani Rupee is "overvalued" and should be depreciated to 114.00 which is its true value (matching their economy parameters calculations)

The long term trends of the PKR will remain about -10% annually on average.

When their exports are down, a cheap currency helps in getting more bang for the US buck.

They can trim off a half percent or so in deficit by adjusting pkr to its actual worth.

When their exports are down, a cheap currency helps in getting more bang for the US buck.

They can trim off a half percent or so in deficit by adjusting pkr to its actual worth.

In a global world, it does not work like this hundred percent like this:
We have commodity stock exchanges a la Chicago that have future markets, where commodities are being sold on options as well as with a trend of 90 days lock in period.

That means the prices of the commodities are universal USD wise...

In other words, there are more countries who compete too for such market/commodity, those, whose currency is more depreciated than Pakistan's and come out as winners!

But normally it does not happen in a big (bang) way!!

Example:

Poultry meat is traded worldwide at lets say 1 USD a KG...Why would Pakistani trader export it overseas when he gets more price in the local market of Pakistan? (Inflation factor)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom