What's new

Pakistan’s trade deficit widens 27.3%

Ok you want a serious answer?

Trade imbalances are cause be factors in the macroeconomy.

1- It depends on what's being imported, if it's equipment for textile mills/ power plants/ CPEC machinery/ value added products it's a good thing.

Pakistani companies are preparing for the elimination of load-shedding.

2- Business behavior is ups and downs. Increasing imports mean the economy is improving economy.

3- Imports improve competitivity and productiveness, the increased exports of the nation allow for those citizens to explore products the importing nation offers better economies of scale thereby improving the global economy.

4- The importing nation is growing faster than the domestic firms can handle the demand. This is related to point 2,

In terms of value, Pakistan's exports are stagnant, while imports keep on rising, making for an adverse trade deficit. The present respite is mainly due to a drop in energy prices and expatriate remittances. The basic imbalances will bite hard as soon as energy prices rise and the expats struggle to maintain their jobs in a tough international market for semi-skilled labor.

In terms of value, Pakistan's exports are stagnant, while imports keep on rising, making for an adverse trade deficit.

Either I didnt read the article thoroughly, but nominal values of imports don't equate to ordinary consumer products.

We frankly dont know whats being imported. If as I said in point 1, then that will prepare Pakistan for once the global economy comes back on track. But if the imports are Bollywood films then yes...

I agree with your 2nd and 3rd sentences.

Back
Top Bottom