What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

1634306829215.jpeg

Ayub pins the Sitara-e-Jurat on the mother of Captain Muhammad Sadiq of the SS Group, who was killed in action at Jandiala, near Zafarwal, on 21ˢᵗ September 1965. a gunner officer, he had served at Kutch and in the Salahuddin Force, involved in Operation Gibraltar.

View attachment 780466
Captain Sadiq was my father's roommate at the School of Signals @ Pindi and a dear friend. Later he served in the Ayub Company, SSG with my father.

Along the LoC/IB is not "internal threats". I was referring to the employment of the SSG during a conventional conflict. If you want to employ SSG behind enemy lines, there has to be a way to support them. Otherwise you are sending them on a one way, suicidal mission which is an utter and shameful waste of highly trained, motivated resources.

The idea of "nafooz" only works when you can send your troops on a mission and keep them supported and then get them exfiltrated. In our environment, the highest chances of success are when our units operate against the other side along the IB/LoC and use the terrain to infiltrate, carry out their mission and then exfiltrate via ground. These would be shallow incursions to keep the other side off balance.

Ah, yes, of course --- agreed.

What book are the excerpts taken from?
Along the LoC/IB is not "internal threats". I was referring to the employment of the SSG during a conventional conflict. If you want to employ SSG behind enemy lines, there has to be a way to support them. Otherwise you are sending them on a one way, suicidal mission which is an utter and shameful waste of highly trained, motivated resources.

The idea of "nafooz" only works when you can send your troops on a mission and keep them supported and then get them exfiltrated. In our environment, the highest chances of success are when our units operate against the other side along the IB/LoC and use the terrain to infiltrate, carry out their mission and then exfiltrate via ground. These would be shallow incursions to keep the other side off balance.

As per the book. That Pashtoon Operator sister was killed in Lal Masjid Operation. Hence he took revenge from Zarrar Unit.

Also the book further claimed, Zarrar Unit had defections, They joined 313 Illays kashmiri outfit and planned attacks against Pakistan Army. Major Haroon and Major Pasha Defected from Army were the lead who were planning and giving sensitive movement info that enabled the hit teams to do suicide attacks and ambushes. Both Major Haroon and PASHA were caught and are incarcerated in hyderabad jail right now

These defectors were the major reason we saw large scale attacks against Army installations in 2007-2009 timeframe. Then Again 2011-2013 timeframe when major airbases were hit. Plus the hijacking attempt of Pakistan Navy ship, These Hizb ul Tahrir type guys who were ex military were actively trying to recruit collaborators who could provide inside info and in turn that info were then used for attacking the installatuions.

As per the book. That Pashtoon Operator sister was killed in Lal Masjid Operation. Hence he took revenge from Zarrar Unit.

Also the book further claimed, Zarrar Unit had defections, They joined 313 Illays kashmiri outfit and planned attacks against Pakistan Army. Major Haroon and Major Pasha Defected from Army were the lead who were planning and giving sensitive movement info that enabled the hit teams to do suicide attacks and ambushes. Both Major Haroon and PASHA were caught and are incarcerated in hyderabad jail right now

These defectors were the major reason we saw large scale attacks against Army installations in 2007-2009 timeframe. Then Again 2011-2013 timeframe when major airbases were hit. Plus the hijacking attempt of Pakistan Navy ship, These Hizb ul Tahrir type guys who were ex military were actively trying to recruit collaborators who could provide inside info and in turn that info were then used for attacking the installatuions.
I also heard something similar long time ago but chose not to believe it.

Is there a reason why information about previous operations are not published. If there is anything confidential that can be withheld but I feel like information still leaks out so why not control the narrative and publish it.

i Just read about the Tirrah operation that was shared by @Bratva . Can someone open a thread and share all the available information about the operations that were conducted. Make it read only thread?

SSG officers at Cherat, 1962.

1635989105621.png

Sitting L, ...CPT Saeed Durrani, a Sword of Honour recipient who was taken POW at Adampur.
Standing R, ...CPT Sadiq, KIA in '65; awarded the SJ.
Sitting R,... CPT Kazim Kamal, SJ recipient who was killed by mutineers of the 2ⁿᵈ East Bengal, in March '71.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom