What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

From pics floating on the internet, it seems like Zarrar boys look more beefier and buffed up compared to SSG or regular units. Is that something pertaining to their training or a prereq?
I didn't find anything like you mentioned. Everybody I saw had physique of a Football player. Which is normal for SF.

Maybe you found this so can't say.

"He might not be able to clear the Staff College Test, but to go Afghanistan; catch the President Najeeb will be a piece of cake for him". Stating the above, Time Magazine declared him as the number one free fall diver of the world.

His journey of valor started when he was commissioned in PMA after his graduation from Gordon's College Rawalpindi. He was considered as the best cricketer of the college. Pakistani Star Cricketer Fazal Mehmood (also known as The Hero of the Oval) predicted him to be the best future cricketer of Pakistan. But fate decided something else for him. PMA was waiting for him. There he proved his mettle in every walk of soldiery.

It was 1965, he was preparing for a specialized course with Delta Force in USA. The Operation Gibraltar was announced. Refusing to join the course, he joined the operation. He was lost in Kashmir during the operation and was announced as "Missing believed Killed", but one day he approached a nearby post of Kashmir sector and soon identified by the authorities.

He was soon recognized as the symbolic and mythical character of the SSG. In an early age, he was appointed as in-charge of Para Training School. Major Shabbir Shareef Nishan e Haider also got the PTW under his strict command. In the chaotic era of 1971, he was a potential threat to the Mukti Bahni and Indian Army. After the surrender, every Indian Army official was in search of this legend, but he was already in West Pakistan and no one was able to capture him.

When a plane of Air India was hijacked and brought to Pakistan, it was him and his two comrades who managed to arrest the hijackers and free the hostages without firing even a single bullet.

On an unfortunate morning of May 29, 1989, he jumped for a free fall. He opened his main parachute but the para chords were tangled. He opened his reserve parachute but it also failed to open. When a paratrooper lands, he adopts a certain posture i.e. bit leaned left, facing the ground. As his chutes failed to open, his martyrdom was certain, but that stone nerved person was still adopting the same posture. His velocity increased his weight up to tons, he fell and embraced martyrdom at the spot.

It was his performance which led him to the higher brass. He used to wear a black overall like all the paratroopers do, but he decorated his outfit by writing یااللہ (Oh Allah) on it.

The name of this legend is Brigadier Tariq Mehmood also known as TM Tiger. He was such a legendary and mythical character that still GOCs of SSG follow the example that he set.

On the parade of March 23, 2015 Maj Gen Abid Rafique whereas from March 23,2016 till 2019, ex GOC SSG Maj Gen Tahir Masood Bhutta dived in the outfit decorated with the words of Ya Allah.

1610397311977.png

Nopes, that's a C130 ramp over Tarbela... Both SSG officers.
and SSG officer wearing Crye Multicam Combat Pants, Solomon boots and a US Army MFF School shirt which are not issued and ramp of USAF C-27. So, yeah hopefully SSG.

That guy is clearly a US Army MFF Instructor and SSG are under training in Arizona.

and SSG officer wearing Crye Multicam Combat Pants, Solomon boots and a US Army MFF School shirt which are not issued and ramp of USAF C-27. So, yeah hopefully SSG.

That guy is clearly a US Army MFF Instructor and SSG are under training in Arizona.
Those pants are his personal thing, not the regular one....

Moreover, both the officers are close friends of mine, one of them just gave me this pic this evening.... He lives next door to me.... So...

Back
Top Bottom