What's new

Pakistans SLV

2 another years passed !!!

Nothing yet?
I wouldn't hold my breath. "Pakistan Space Vision 2040" has no mention of any SLV. The program is in cold storage. Who knows when they'll feel the need to actively pursue it again.

I wouldn't hold my breath. "Pakistan Space Vision 2040" has no mention of any SLV. The program is in cold storage. Who knows when they'll feel the need to actively pursue it again.
not exactly cold storage but what else can we expect from SUPARCO with just a few million budget!!
There is work (restarted) on PRSS. However you are right, SLV was and is not part of Space Vision 2040

not exactly cold storage but what else can we expect from SUPARCO with just a few million budget!!
There is work (restarted) on PRSS. However you are right, SLV was and is not part of Space Vision 2040
Not having funds allocated to it is exactly what it means to be in cold storage. They do not feel the need to invest in an SLV. Whether this is a good decision or not, is another debate for another day.

IMO can only happen if/when counterinsurgencies are factored out (via whatever resolution that awaits) and when we have a structural leadership that produces objective governments (not ruling families or fauji regimes).

IMO can only happen if/when counterinsurgencies are factored out (via whatever resolution that awaits) and when we have a structural leadership that produces objective governments (not ruling families or fauji regimes).
You mean when we have "khushhaal Pakistan" :p:

Sir,
A few years back the Satellite Launch Base site was selected and work stared. There is no news regarding this for some time. It seems like due to limitation of funds this project has been suspended. The activity regarding a new satellite which was announced is going along but with difficulty as funds are limited.

Tests of SLV were carried out in different stages and locations over the years. Rest assured the program is going on but no conformation in public. All of a sudden we will here one day that Pakistan has achieved its own SLV.

What's the rush? Patience.

Pakistan has only this year tripled SUPARCO's budget to almost $24 million after having it capped at $7 million for last few years.

If the military sees any urgent need for space related defence of the state, then appropriate funds will be allocated accordingly. Currently, Pakistan is spending Rs. 25 million a day on Operation Zarb-e-Azb (despite the operation has pretty much ended), those funds can very easily be diverted if and when necessary. So patience.

Sir,
A few years back the Satellite Launch Base site was selected and work stared. There is no news regarding this for some time. It seems like due to limitation of funds this project has been suspended. The activity regarding a new satellite which was announced is going along but with difficulty as funds are limited.

Tests of SLV were carried out in different stages and locations over the years. Rest assured the program is going on but no conformation in public. All of a sudden we will here one day that Pakistan has achieved its own SLV.

Not having funds allocated to it is exactly what it means to be in cold storage. They do not feel the need to invest in an SLV. Whether this is a good decision or not, is another debate for another day.
What i wanted to say is that there is some work being done on the satellite but as you have correctly pointed our SLV was never the main focus in Space VIsion 2040 either so nothing being done about that. People keep speculating about these things but there is almost nothing, ALMOST, that is happening on ground.

Here is an idea.

Pakistan should convince Gulf Countries to work together and fund Pakistan-China-Turkey Space alliance which is about to take place.

All countries will get their Needs catered through Pakistan and China and each of them will benefit from the Program in terms of Communication and Military and space research.
Thanks

PN great post buddy !
Sir what's the update on that. i wish they can accelerate it and make some the developments public.

They can convert shaheen 2 ...
A better choice would be the liquid fueled Gauri,iran did the same thing with the shahab to get the safir slv,its only capable of launching mini-sats but its still invaluable experience

Still no news on Pakistans SLV..... Damn!!:(:(

Back
Top Bottom