What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I suddenly have a quesion. Will the winner replace all of the G3 and type 56 or only G3 @kaonalpha

G-3 is the standard battle rifle of PA..

AKs replaced the MP-5s.

In short new rifle will replace G-3s.

These new variants are already being used by Army & Paramil troops...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

AKs replaced the MP-5s.

View attachment 305142 View attachment 305143 View attachment 305144
This is why I asked this question. So in PA's experience, 7.62*51 mm is best for mountain area in Pakistan, which should be applied for our Tibet area. There should be some problem for our 5.68mm rife in these areas

This is why I asked this question. So in PA's experience, 7.62*51 mm is best for mountain area in Pakistan, which should be applied for our Tibet area. There should be some problem for our 5.68mm rife in these areas
I didn't got your point ? Are you talking anout China in last lines ??

About 10+ years ago there was a wisper in the wind about adopting 556 there was no solid lead on it but most things start as a rumour and then facts surface. However that never happened and the heavier 762x39/51 has remained a staple which has proven to be the right choice in dealing with COIN, thus this year a new machines were purchased from China to make more 7.62x39. For x51 one can assume similar thing will happen. I think China should research a 6mm cartridge as a intermediate like the upcoming and popular 6.5 Grendel whose parent casing is 7.62x39!

that's a lot of recoil to deal with ,

why can't we go for a cartridge size in the 6 mm range with a design similar to the 6.5 Grendel
It has least recoil in 7.62 X 51 caliber guns. It's far more accurate and has more range than any other Gun.

About 10+ years ago there was a wisper in the wind about adopting 556 there was no solid lead on it but most things start as a rumour and then facts surface. However that never happened and the heavier 762x39/51 has remained a staple which has proven to be the right choice in dealing with COIN, thus this year a new machines were purchased from China to make more 7.62x39. For x51 one can assume similar thing will happen. I think China should research a 6mm cartridge as a intermediate like the upcoming and popular 6.5 Grendel whose parent casing is 7.62x39!
That would be a long story, and I doubt if 6mm would work to replace both 7.62 and 5.56.
So at the moment, the best solution should be learning from US army and PA that equip some 7.62X51mm rifle for PLA in Tibet. After some discussion with my friends, they told me there was a rifle called CS/LR14 which could use 7.62X51mm

CS-LR14.jpg

AKs replaced the MP-5s.

View attachment 305142 View attachment 305143 View attachment 305144
The new weapon will replace both the G3 and Ak47's variants, as the new weapon most likely FN scar, Bretta ARX or CZ 805 Bren are all multicaliber. Plus the AK variants only replaced the MP5's in some areas because we needed a heavier cartridge not because the AK was a better weapon in the submachine category(which it is not as it is considered a assault rifle)

The new weapon will replace both the G3 and Ak47's variants, as the new weapon most likely FN scar, Bretta ARX or CZ 805 Bren are all multicaliber. Plus the AK variants only replaced the MP5's in some areas because we needed a heavier cartridge not because the AK was a better weapon in the submachine category(which it is not as it is considered a assault rifle)
Well if SCAR is selected and if we produce both SCAR 16 and SCAR 17 than it would definitely replace all old Guns. As for submachine Gun man money is issue otherwise Kriss Vector is worth a look.

It has least recoil in 7.62 X 51 caliber guns. It's far more accurate and has more range than any other Gun.
why do we even need a a 7.62 mm caliber weapon , 6.5 mm Grendel has as much stopping power as the 7.62 except faster bullet velocity

why do we even need a a 7.62 mm caliber weapon , 6.5 mm Grendel has as much stopping power as the 7.62 except faster bullet velocity
Is the added benefit of the 6.5mm worth the cost? Remember, POF already produces 7.62x51mm and 7.62x39mm, and it is a tried and tested caliber, such that even new rifle designs (such as the SCAR, BREN and ARX) are retaining them.

Back
Top Bottom