What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Riffle seems to be fully under control even in full auto
Seems like they have managed the only issue in AK recoil and lack of accuracy especially in auto
Roller blow back is more reliable than gas operated less maintenance as well

They need to pump out 60k rounds and check wear on barrel if not already done

I would adopt it...this is good

Global Defense Insight

Steyr arms is an Austrian firearms manufacturer. One of its firearms is used by Pakistan Army as a Sniper Rifle. Steyr SSG 69 is a bolt action sniper rifle which was manufactured in 1969. It comes with 3 variants namely SSG 69 P-I, P-II and P-IV.

Pakistan Army is equiped with its P-II variant. This variant of Steyr SSG 69 bears a weight of 4.2kg along with 25.6in barrel length which can accurately fire up-to 4050yd (approx 3.7km). This rifle is unique because it uses .308 Winchester with a 5 round rotary feeding system, although a 10 round staggered box is available as an accessory, which was not caught on for hunting and sniping purposes in WWII era.

Image: Gen. Kiyani firing off Steyr SSG (Sharp Shooter Gun) 69-PII sniper rifle during his visit to Tilla Field Firing Ranges. (Courtesy: Reuters/ISPR/handouts)

311571496_1107053706584106_7964842823352620342_n.jpg

311020479_1107053679917442_5646128369358079538_n.jpg

310822609_1107053726584104_4934085826396367_n.jpg

Its the benefit of roller delayed blowback. CW20 with 7.62x51 rounds looks easier to control on full auto then the AK with 7.62x39 rounds in you tube vids.
Recoil control depends on user and how they grip. I can assure you a fully powered cartridge will always recoil more than an intermediate powered catridge on any rifle on average

When are we going to advance past roller delayed blowback. Its annoying and takes up time and energy. Something like the bolt release as seen on the AR platform wouldve been much more practical

Recoil control depends on user and how they grip. I can assure you a fully powered cartridge will always recoil more than an intermediate powered catridge on any rifle on average

When are we going to advance past roller delayed blowback. Its annoying and takes up time and energy. Something like the bolt release as seen on the AR platform wouldve been much more practical
I would say the best mechanism for combat rifles to be some sort of gas piston mechanism......but its not a huge leap in performance compared to roller delayed blowback. Sticking with roller delayed blow back would save POF from having to do any major retooling....and the time and cost associated with that.

Last edited:
I would say the best mechanism for combat rifles to be some sort of gas piston mechanism......but its not a huge leap in performance compared to roller delayed blowback. Sticking with roller delayed blow back would save POF from having to do any major retooling....and the time and cost associated with that.
It would but its too big of a hassle by itself, let alone reloading like that in a combat situation. Id rather have POF go through with another system altogether.

It would but its too big of a hassle by itself, let alone reloading like that in a combat situation. Id rather have POF go through with another system altogether.
The best compromise might be to use the CW20/39 for the common infantry man replacing the AK/G3 while developing a a new clone of HK416 or SCAR for low patch production for select units.

The best compromise might be to use the CW20/39 for the common infantry man replacing the AK/G3 while developing a a new clone of HK416 or SCAR for low patch production for select units.
Yeah, i guess so.

Is there any plan to replace out mg 3 lmgs with new better LMG as indians ordered from Israel Meggen LMG and from Belgium mg 7

Pakistan should now have turk and sino omg but it looks turk has variety of firing NATO caliber bullets so they are better for flexibility

Back
Top Bottom