What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters

I really wish one day Pakistani soldiers will have this kind of equipment on their Assault Rifles also. This is what is needed by every Pakistani soldier.

Though the source is least credible still
An MoU had already been already signed in 2016/17 I guess.
My personal assessment is that we will go for the Bren. It can be easily incorporated into the army, are cheaper, have better specs, use the same caliber, and the ToT will not be an issue, in fact as an MoU has already been signed bw pof and CZ according to which we will slowly shift from light assembly to complete production of the weapon. Most importantly it looks good which the people usually want and the army too as it would give a modern touch. A beautiful rifle might prove to be a poor man's SCAR

Last edited:
I don't know jack about guns, but NORINCO CS/LR17/18 seem like a pretty good option, it's based on the FN-SCAR. Maybe PA is waiting for the PLA to adopt it and hopefully get a good deal?

maybe likely another chinese rifle (more likely then not)

QBZ 191 most likely?

Guy is biggest fake new peddler don't take him seriously
His news is based on the deal we signed with Czech Republic two days ago. Check the above posts you would see the deal.

The Czech defence minister was present this could mean something substantial was discussed.

504 pages later, has the decision been made? :-) Or should I return after another 500 pages?

For reference sake, the decision to go with G-3 was made in ~1963. That should give an indication about the time and pace of funding with which the army moves to replace its existing stocks of battle rifles.

504 pages later, has the decision been made? :-) Or should I return after another 500 pages?

For reference sake, the decision to go with G-3 was made in ~1963. That should give an indication about the time and pace of funding with which the army moves to replace its existing stocks of battle rifles.
To be completely honest, the decision we needed was already made, the people in this thread are waiting for the wrong thing. I’m not sure how no one else has noticed such an obvious thing.

The way I see it, we won’t be seeing a G3 replacement, because the AK series has replaced the G3 as the standard weapon of the PA, and im glad it has. The 7.62x51 calibre of the G3 is highly unsuited for normal combat in the hands of a normal soldier. The calibre is way too big, and PA thankfully realized this in the trials.

That’s why there is absolutely no urgency to replace the G3. On the other side, PA has already started modernizing it’s AKs. Wether it be modernizing older ones with new polymer furniture, simply adding optics, grips and other attachments, or purchasing AK-103Ms (soon to come in my opinion).

The most we will see as a G3 replacement is a specialized rifle that may be issued to some soldiers in dedicated “rifleman” roles. This rifle may be purchased in small numbers. Apart from this, we will not see any new large-scale firearm induction into the PA. It simply doesn’t make sense to equip every soldier with a 7.62x51 calibre rifle due to its high recoil And the weight of the associated rifle. No other military uses it as a standard calibre for a reason.

Bottom line Is; G3 has been replaced by the AK series, and said AK series is already being modernized and we can visibly see that. G3 will be retired sooner or later, it may not get its own replacement at all, at most a small scale replacement for specialized roles, but that’s about it. And this is a good thing.

Maybe this thread should be closed now, and we can move the entirety of the small Arms discussion of PA to another Thread. PAs standard rifles (G3 and Type 56-I) have already been replaced.

Back
Top Bottom