What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I am sold
Lets do it
@MastanKhan I realize how you sometimes feel when post after post you get a response at square one from the youngsters making you wonder you had ranted in an obscure dialect. I am sure you feel the same whenever I pretend I understand your point although I need to put more years under by belt or grey matter to comprehend

it is soul destroying sometimes like the feeling of Pervaiz who mourns the limitations and comprehension issues of our future generations.

I recall your explanation on the limitation of JF-17 airframe but still our single minded warriors want bigger engine, more missile racks, a plasma blaster on suit bathroom and a radar to fry the balls of Modi from our airspace (ok maybe last three demands are an exaggeration).
here despite me pointing out that any major undertaking for indigenous rifle along with its R&D , trial and full scale production after field testing and adaption requires time of unknown quantity, resources and attention of people who are spending our limited resources on other projects. but NO , I am schooled that its no big deal (I might be schooled by same people telling me that its no big deal to make moon module, build up stealth craft, autonomous robot and a microwave oven that goes to the shops to get food for you and cooks , self cleans and plays select saucy videos to cheer you up too.

rant over

Designing a rifle system is something which would require least resources and would pay more then enough.Every large Arm supplier was once known as good small arms maker.
Plant isn't something we can't design and build.

Hi,

Actually this is incorrect---. The difference in making an average to good assault rifle to an excellent tier 1 assault rifle is like flying from one star to the next star in a spaceship---.

Just check out---how many truly superior assault rifles manufacturers are out there on the planet---and you will be surprised---very few---and then to top it off with a reasonable price as well---fewer.

An older assault weapon in service is like your old friend---true and trusted---and when push comes to shove to make a decision about a newer assault rifle---the powers to be rely on the true & trusted more than show and strut---.

The G3---it has already told us time and again---what it is all about---how it would react under stress and duress---what you can expect out of it & what it will do for you---period---full stop---game ended---. @Irfan Baloch

Last edited:
Forget everything induct Turkish MPT-76 (7.62) and MPT-55(5.56). And TOT will get the job done.

For those Pakistan should pay heed to R&D, first of all we need to clean all the mafia from military and bureaucracy..

Last edited:
Hi,

Actually this is incorrect---. The difference in making an average to good assault rifle to an excellent tier 1 assault rifle is like flying from one star to the next star in a spaceship---.

Just check out---how many truly superior assault rifles manufacturers are out there on the planet---and you will be surprised---very few---and then to top it off with a reasonable price as well---fewer.

An older assault weapon in service is like your old friend---true and trusted---and when push comes to shove to make a decision about a newer assault rifle---the powers to be rely on the true & trusted more than show and strut---.

The G3---it has already told us time and again---what it is all about---how it would react under stress and duress---what you can expect out of it & what it will do for you---period---full stop---game ended---.
Out of all kind of armament designing,rifle is least complicated and requires least resources.
Truly superior assault rifles manufacturers are very few because very few rifles are pressed into service.Not every design is pressed into service.
A rifle designed today won't go into service today,it would take years of testing resulting modifications would lead to a reliable and robust weapon system.
Why not we should stick with olf friend then?

Back
Top Bottom