What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
You have new Gun you have to make sure your soldiers know about the Gun its pros and cons and you have to replace old and bring new rifles to your training centers a massive process
Hazrat i meant the change in tactics not the process of integration:-)

Sir, what are the basic changes a new rifle brings to the fighting doctrine and onfield tactics of a fighting force?
Depends on the rifle. If it is light weight, than soldiers will be able to carry more ammo. If it has a longer effective range, than soldiers may be able to fight at a safer, longer distance, than their enemy. If it is multi-caliber, well, that's self-explanatory.

It is one of the reasons why the US army tends to have an advantage against enemy soldiers with AKs, as the M16 has a longer effective range. The light weight nature of the M16 also gives the US army better control over the rifle, and allows soldiers to carry extra ammunition, or rations.

After conversation with Ex military operative who have saw a kargill war war

He said pakistan must opt for light weight multi calliber Assault rifle and a Rifle which can be manufactured in different varients like Assault Rifle to sniper to compact assault rifle

I asked him why you need a multi calliber?

he said beauty of multi calliber rigle gives you more options according to situation if target and range and if you 7.62 Clip is over you can use 5.56 clip from any rifle or from enemy rifle or from a partner.

I asked him why you need a ride with different varients?

He said it will be light on national budget and needs little training from switching from assault rifle to sniper varient for a common soldier

Than i asked him which current Assault Rifle do you think suits Pak army considering all prospects ?

He answered currently he seas three major contenders to replace Pak army Assault rifle on the bases of highly customization, long term investment, and different varients

1. Adoptive Combat Rifle.
Which are going to replace major stockpile of US army M16 Rifles very reliable ACR and highly accurate customizable

2. FN SCAR
Due to its Accuracy and Robust nature it has got a respect all-around the globe and have different varients you can use any type of ammo

3. HK 416
he said you cannot get your hands on that gun easily but UAE bought it with some good international diplomacy nothing is impossible if your intent and will is right they make guns to sell and they will sell if you willing to pay some extra

After all my own research i think Pak army should get license for FN SCAR H

He said pakistan must opt for light weight multi calliber Assault rifle and a Rifle which can be manufactured in different varients like Assault Rifle to sniper to compact assault rifle

he said beauty of multi calliber rigle gives you more options according to situation if target and range and if you 7.62 Clip is over you can use 5.56 clip from any rifle or from enemy rifle or from a partner.

He said it will be light on national budget and needs little training from switching from assault rifle to sniper varient for a common soldier

Than i asked him which current Assault Rifle do you think suits Pak army considering all prospects ?

He answered currently he seas three major contenders to replace Pak army Assault rifle on the bases of highly customization, long term investment, and different varients

Which are going to replace major stockpile of US army M16 Rifles very reliable ACR and highly accurate customizable

2. FN SCAR
Due to its Accuracy and Robust nature it has got a respect all-around the globe and have different varients you can use any type of ammo

3. HK 416
he said you cannot get your hands on that gun easily but UAE bought it with some good international diplomacy nothing is impossible if your intent and will is right they make guns to sell and they will sell if you willing to pay some extra

Exactly that is why SCAR H is the best it offers complete package and HK 416 sadly can't come because of Germany Policy and ACR hasn't even launched other calibers. It could have given SCAR H competition but don't know what went wrong.
@Horus

Hazrat i meant the change in tactics not the process of integration:-)
Ap kay matlooba number sa jawab masool nahi ho raha!! :P :D

@Zarvan he was asking about fighting doctrine and on field tactics that might change with a new gun and you are talking about what? :lol:
WHAT, IF ANY, WILL BE THE CHANGE IN OUR FIGHTING DOCTRINE WITH THIS NEW GUN was his question. :)

Ap kay matlooba number sa jawab masool nahi ho raha!! :P :D
More like ap ka matlooba number kisi ke istemal men nhn:lol:

Depends on the rifle. If it is light weight, than soldiers will be able to carry more ammo. If it has a longer effective range, than soldiers may be able to fight at a safer, longer distance, than their enemy. If it is multi-caliber, well, that's self-explanatory.

It is one of the reasons why the US army tends to have an advantage against enemy soldiers with AKs, as the M16 has a longer effective range. The light weight nature of the M16 also gives the US army better control over the rifle, and allows soldiers to carry extra ammunition, or rations.
With the added confidence boost of fielding a compitent and reliable system, should do wonders to a soldiers mindset, thanks man, what i was looking for.

I have no issue although it didn't performed well in trials but if POF can study and resolve the issue it faced in Pakistan and than produce it in Pakistan along with SCAR and may be also study Berreta and resolve its issues I would love to see that happen.

2. FN SCAR

3. HK 416

@Path-Finder I think you need to read this

I have no issue although it didn't performed well in trials but if POF can study and resolve the issue it faced in Pakistan and than produce it in Pakistan along with SCAR and may be also study Berreta and resolve its issues I would love to see that happen.

@Path-Finder I think you need to read this
Once again Hazrat can YOU bring any solid proof that it did not perform well in trials? Apart from Horus because other members have pointed out things that are completely opposite. More than one member has where you only have Horus to rely on?

Very simple if it had blown then why is it shortlisted for selection.

Again we have discussed it to death and I respect others opinions. If someone says SCAR is greatest creation in the universe that is their right But I do not agree with it. Many people do not agree with it.

@Path-Finder

Listen, do you really think that no one can see what you've been trying to do for months on this thread? You have been shamelessly and incessantly trying to goad our simpleton @Zarvan into divulging the tidbits of gossip he manages to pick up. I really don't like to like to call people out in military sections but your behaviour is so pathetic that I have been forced to speak up in defence of someone I have much more reason to taunt than you do. Despite all his annoying posts and our differences, I have to say that he is a much better man than you have proved yourself to be. Shame on your for your lack of courtesy. You had no right to take such gross advantage of Zarvan's magnanimity.

@Path-Finder

Listen, do you really think that no one can see what you've been trying to do for months on this thread? You have been shamelessly and incessantly trying to goad our simpleton @Zarvan into divulging the tidbits of gossip he manages to pick up. I really don't like to like to call people out in military sections but your behaviour is so pathetic that I have been forced to speak up in defence of someone I have much more reason to taunt than you do. Despite all his annoying posts and our differences, I have to say that he is a much better man than you have proved yourself to be. Shame on your for your lack of courtesy. You had no right to take such gross advantage of Zarvan's magnanimity.

Hoping that was sarcasm o_O:o::crazy::crazy:

@Path-Finder

Well thanks for telling me my place.

As always I am talabgar of maafi.

Asif-Ali-Zardari-2-370x263.png

Back
Top Bottom