What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Shibli is nothing more than a fraud....they buy things off the shelf n just rebrand them n claim it as their own.....they have been found out n will be out of work soon.
IOP on the other hand is doing great work n have developed a few things which were costing PA an arm n a leg at a fraction of the price of wt others foreign firms were offering e.g. a certain seight was being offered for 5 million RS while IOP produced it for RS 5 lac ...mind u IOP PRODUCTS r of very high quality n PA is over joyed at their performance n the fact that they r being produced in house.
Not sure what to say about Shibli. They are in a deal with Thales for making thermals.

Those are Aimpoint M68 CCO.

data-item-optics-gs127-gs127-01-1300x976-0.jpg
That sight is a cheaper alternative to the aimpoint. Buying so many aimpoints would cost an arm and leg. So I beleive it's the Belarusian sight it looks like aimpoint clone.

Whatever rifle we select we will get it wit full ToT and will be making thise at POF. No issues of availability in war time.

VERY INTERESTING!!!
Which gun is the document refering to?
The results are good i must say.
I can give one clue it's not the rifle that performed best in trials. :omghaha::partay::partay:

Whatever rifle we select we will get it wit full ToT and will be making thise at POF. No issues of availability in war time.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

Page 292.

VERY INTERESTING!!!
Pakistan should establish entire separate entity which works on developing optics and night vision and other sights for Armed Forces and civilian market.

Realistically! Only CZ+Meopta & Beretta+Steiner are realistic because they are from same country or owned by the firearms maker. FN offering Aimpoint is not going to be plausible. FN neither own Aimpoint nor do they come from the same country!!

I don't see the same. Only thing you need to mount optics is a Picatinny rail. Even third party sights will do good.

They are aimpoints.

Plentiful of pics. Its the main sight used by PA and SSG.

Few from the military multimedia thread

img_5652-jpg.395128

17861441_10207457492230374_6409287434317561451_n.jpg

screenshot_20170419-203707-jpg.391624

C9MzAnkXcAExJeV.jpg

17883557_783739001791756_6518736420418132107_n.jpg

screenshot_20170407-022042-jpg.389262

pbsDUWX.jpg

Realistically! Only CZ+Meopta & Beretta+Steiner are realistic because they are from same country or owned by the firearms maker. FN offering Aimpoint is not going to be plausible. FN neither own Aimpoint nor do they come from the same country!!

Maybe for the Paramilitary?

As all OEMs offered sights, why is IOP looking to buy from third party (Belarus or Turkey) ?

Also, take a look at the document below.

3-1.jpg

Any pics ?

In the MoDP report it sounds as though a red-dot trial was done, but the IOP is moving ahead with thermal imaging only (i.e. in competition with Shibli). It seems that IOP is passing on reflexive/red-dot sights for now.

Maybe for the Paramilitary?

IOP will not manufacture red dot sights for para-military only, it's main customers were always the armed forces.

The retail price of Meopta MeoRed is $500. Maybe, PA is looking at cheaper (but comparable) options. Hence, the entry of Turkey & Belarus into the trials.

Check this out. A new Weapons mounted NV Sight. Seems to be a in house R&D effort!!

View attachment 398675

http://www.modp.gov.pk/modp/userfiles1/file/IOP.pdf

fb_img_1495427699429-jpg.398423

Not new. Saw this document years ago.

Red-dot (reflex) Sight offered by Belarusian Optical and Mechanical Association.

http://belomo.by/en/catalog/optical...imatornie_dlya_strelkovogo_orujiya/pricel_rsm

Page 292.
Ok so you are referring to Page 292 of this thread. Got that post about CZ BERN now.
It will help if we can all be a bit more specific with our posts. :)

I don't see the same. Only thing you need to mount optics is a Picatinny rail. Even third party sights will do good.
I don’t think he is talking about compatibility issues but availability issues. What he was trying to say here was that CZ and Beretta either have their own companies making sights or some other company from their country making them so they can offer a combo. SCAR will have to loop in a third party so that might be a problem, like availability etc! However I do not agree with this either. The contract/order will be of so many sights and as it seems now, more likely to be accompanied by a ToT agreement, I do not think sourcing them will be a problem. In fact, I would even suggest that other than the three options these gun makers are going to offer as part of the deal Pakistan must look into OTHER options as well and choose the most suitable one (and I think this is what is happening as discussed in previous few posts)

Last edited:
Ok so you are referring to Page 292 of this thread. Got that post about CZ BERN now.
It will help if we can all be a bit more specific with our posts. :)

I don’t think he is talking about compatibility issues but availability issues. What he was trying to say here was that CZ and Beretta either have their own companies making sights or some other company from their country making them so they can offer a combo. SCAR will have to loop in a third party so that might be a problem, like availability etc! However I do not agree with this either. The contract/order will be of so many sights and as it seems now, more likely to be accompanied by a ToT agreement, I do not think sourcing them will be a problem. In fact, I would even suggest that other than the three options these gun makers are going to offer as part of the deal Pakistan must look into OTHER options as well and choose the most suitable one (and I think this is what is happening as discussed in previous few posts)
KESKIN31250_2.png

KESKIN 3-12 x 50
AVCI14X_2.png

AVCI 1-4X
AVCI15-6X_1.png

AVCI 1.5-6X
AVCIR1X_4.png

AVCI R1X-3E

BOAX_1-1.png

41nnebkj5bL.jpg

f4516d9ac8c130a232a9f3eff6c8503f.jpg

For Thermal Sights and Red Dot Optics and in fact all kind of Optics we should corporate with Turkish companies such as Aselsan and 3E EOS and there is one other Turkish company

The problem is.. sights offered by all three OEMs (or their partners) are expensive. Meopta is selling its MeoRed for $500 (retail). Even ToT (local assembly to be precise) is not going to reduce the cost much. Hence the need for cheaper but comparable third party options.

There is a reason red-dot sight trials (scheduled for FY 2016-17) coincide with PA's assault / battle rifle competition. If IOP is trialing a sight, there are high chances it plans to assemble the same. MoDP report only mentions Belarus & Turkey as participants (in the trials).

@Horus @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JK!

The problem is.. sights offered by all three OEMs (or their partners) are expensive. Meopta is selling its MeoRed for $500 (retail). Even ToT (local assembly to be precise) is not going to reduce the cost much. Hence the need for cheaper but comparable third party options.

There is a reason red-dot sight trials (scheduled for FY 2016-17) coincide with PA's assault / battle rifle competition. If IOP is trialing a sight, there are high chances it plans to assemble the same. MoDP report only mentions Belarus & Turkey as participants (in the trials).

YUP!
Thats why i said that even third party options should be looked at (and are being looked at as well).
In fact, I would even suggest that other than the three options these gun makers are going to offer as part of the deal Pakistan must look into OTHER options as well and choose the most suitable one (and I think this is what is happening as discussed in previous few posts)

We need to get the best bang for our buck! That is the way to do it. If the three rifle manufacturers are offering local assembly and tech for sight with there guns, YES, it must be considered and looked upon but this SHOULD NOT end the possibility of a third party JV for sights. If Turkey or Belarus can offer some comparable gadgets at better prices, WHY NOT!! Just go for them i would say.

The cost isn't the only consideration though. Army wants a reliable 'system'. For example Army can get ARX-200 with Aimpoint, a SCAR with MEOPTA or a CZ with Steiner or S&B. They aren't going to let the OEMs dictate which optics they should run.

They are aimpoints.
The Belarusian sight is a 100% clone of the aimpoint it looks and operates just like an aimpoint and the high cost of the aimpoints it would be extremely costly to equip the troops in large number.

Not new. Saw this document years ago.

Red-dot (reflex) Sight offered by Belarusian Optical and Mechanical Association.

http://belomo.by/en/catalog/optical...imatornie_dlya_strelkovogo_orujiya/pricel_rsm
That looks like a Aimpoint T micro. Maybe they have made these aimpoint clones for PA!

The cost isn't the only consideration though. Army wants a reliable 'system'. For example Army can get ARX-200 with Aimpoint, a SCAR with MEOPTA or a CZ with Steiner or S&B. They aren't going to let the OEMs dictate which optics they should run.
Pakistan should consider Turkish Optics. They are of high class quality with massive range and easy to get with TOT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom