What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
zz.png

When Pakistan goes for new Assault Rifle hopefully SCAR we also need to get latest optics for our Assault Rifle and as we will produce more than a million Assault Rifles it's better either we get Turkish companies like Aselsan and 3E EOS here in Pakistan I mean there production plants for optics and night vision or get all of there products with TOT.

Pof inked a deal with CZ to start negotiations. And another with beretta for sales of pistols and handguns. This is what i understand clearly.

Yep, money is not the issue, we just planted a billion "money plants" they grow 100 dollar bills instead of leaves

The money is not the issue we take time in signing the deal. The day we started test every situation was kept in mind only than tests were conducted

Yep, money is not the issue, we just planted a billion "money plants" they grow 100 dollar bills instead of leaves
Army Generals didn't wake up one day and said " Hey let's have Rifle trials " and next we were having Rifle Trials I am amazed at people who think they know better than what Army is doing and Generals have wasted years of training. The decision is 50 years investment so we are taking things slow I know few things but I am not sharing but I can say for sure things are moving forward and soon we would get the news. Nothing is shelved or shut down and yes we have the money.
@PAR 5 @Vergennes

Last edited:
Army Generals didn't woke up one day and said " Hey let's have Rifle trials " and next we were having Rifle Trials I am amazed at people who think they know better than what Army is doing and Generals have wasted years of training. The decision is 50 years investment so we are taking things slow I know few things but I am not sharing but I can say for sure things are moving forward and soon we would get the news. Nothing is shelved or shut down and yes we have the money.
@PAR 5 @Vergennes
Wake*

Army Generals didn't wake up one day and said " Hey let's have Rifle trials " and next we were having Rifle Trials I am amazed at people who think they know better than what Army is doing and Generals have wasted years of training. The decision is 50 years investment so we are taking things slow I know few things but I am not sharing but I can say for sure things are moving forward and soon we would get the news. Nothing is shelved or shut down and yes we have the money.
@PAR 5 @Vergennes
Hazrat @Zarvan will the news come before we land in our graves? yo have said that for past year now remember that!

Hazrat @Zarvan will the news come before we land in our graves? yo have said that for past year now remember that!
It's a 50 year investment and turns out the trial were not only for Assault Rifles. We were testing Machine Guns and also Hand Guns and we make also go for Sniper Rifles. In other words it's entire package and 50 year investment. You will change the rifle at least after 50 years. So things will take time but not much time now. Some things happened which I can't reveal but things are taking place.

It's a 50 year investment and turns out the trial were not only for Assault Rifles. We were testing Machine Guns and also Hand Guns and we make also go for Sniper Rifles. In other words it's entire package and 50 year investment. You will change the rifle at least after 50 years. So things will take time but not much time now. Some things happened which I can't reveal but things are taking place.
50 50 50 Hazrat @Zarvan you are on 50/50 and giving us smoke up the back side you always have info!

Pof inked a deal with CZ to start negotiations. And another with beretta for sales of pistols and handguns. This is what i understand clearly.
It's worth noting that POF might be moving at a faster cadence than the Army. The main drive might be securing exports and building-up competitiveness on the market, and a new rifle design would be necessary.

The cost of transitioning POF to manufacturing a new rifle design is not as much as actually issuing a new rifle in the Army. Yes, some domestic scale will be necessary, but that can be had by having the CPEC Security Division, LCBs, and LEAs to switch to the new gun.

Consider: CZ's revenue last year was U.S. $79 million (source). POF's sale to Saudi Arabia was worth around that much, so I think POF's revenue and work output (for export and local supply) is higher.

Back
Top Bottom