What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Capabilities ...

Now you have gone full retard ... I'm not interested in arguing with you.

try to read my posts from the first one with a mind instead of ego and you would have definitely comprehended the point, instead of trying to talk about the speed of the missiles, which was not even in question.

[QUOTE="war&peace, post: 11362879, member: 171000"

That's what I tried told a dumb dumb and he can't understand this.[/QUOTE]

Lol retard, what he posted is the exact argument which you are not comprehending. The difference between a "ballistic missile" and a "hypersonic missile".
But then again, it takes IQ to comprehend something which goes silent when people think and do stuff with ego.

There's no cure for your lunacy and genetic morons..and ill-manners. You don't know how to talk to your father.

Oh I know how to talk to my father, but did you get to have a father or did you grow up on some streets? Or was it the womanly folk raising you up to make you insecure and egoistic to hide your weaker inner self?

Try winning arguments with logic and use of intellect, instead of using filth wrapped around as words to reason and force people to back off instead of showing you the mirror. It's not always about winning, sometimes its about understanding "SOME ONE ELSES" perspective.

I was wrong with the speeds of hypersonic, as I thought they would exceed that of traditional launch vehicles, but they are actually slower.
However there is an effin difference in what's called a Hypersonic Missile and what's called a Ballistic Missile.
And some day we'll make a missile that follows Hypersonic Trajectory and vectoring, and is powered through out the flight to evade anti ballistic defences.

Either way, might want to piss off now, because i dont come here to participate in who knows a more filthy word kind of debates, because dumb people will always escape logic and reasoning to only keep projecting their own. No one is even talking about the speed of the missile but what is actually referred to as a "Hypersonic Missile", and what is the difference.

Last edited:
@LeGenD bro can you teach this moron?
Fair enough, bro.

Yet there is a reason for designating only certain missiles as "Hypersonic".
A general long range ballistic missile would fly at roughly 5000m/s and can be intercepted by most anti ballistic missile defenses in existence.
A missile designated as a "Hypersonic Missile" flies at say "20,000+ kilometres per hour" and a pain in the *** for anyone on the receiving end.

There is a difference.
You probably understand the basics - not questioning this. But I will clarify this matter for all.

The term HYPERSONIC is a marketing designation. Delivery vehicles vary in their design and resultant flight characteristics, and performance parameters, on the other hand.

Technically speaking - a ballistic missile can be a hypersonic delivery vehicle [1], but its flight characteristic is different from that of a scramjet-powered hypersonic glide vehicle (refer to my earlier post in which I posted relevant images).

Any delivery vehicle designated as hypersonic glide vehicle (HGV) refer to a type of vehicle with the capability to re-enter Earth's atmosphere soon after the boost phase, and maintain hypersonic flight speed levels with a scramjet propulsion within edo- atmospheric conditions for prolonged duration during the course of its flight.

tether-anthony1-25-638.jpg

[1] For reference:-

acronyms-attack-missiles4.png

Good explanation in this link: http://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/m...iferation/missile-basics/hypersonic-missiles/

Now, every scramjet-powered hypersonic glide vehicle is not MACH 20+ rated for sustained flight in endo- atmospheric conditions; forces of friction can disintegrate an HGV if it is not hardened enough which in turn is not an easy feat of engineering.

American HGV Talon 2 is MACH 20+ rated
Russian HGV Avangard is MACH 20 rated
Chinese HGV DF-ZF is MACH 10 rated

DXQt0mAW4AACi5z.jpg

In summation:-

Ballistic missile = prolonged hypersonic speed levels in exo- atmospheric conditions (re-entry for short duration)
HGV = prolonged hypersonic speed levels in endo- atmospheric conditions (re-entry for long duration)

Both can be shot down - depends upon what type of defensive system is involved.

Fair enough, bro.

The term HYPERSONIC is a marketing designation. Delivery vehicles vary in their design and resultant flight characteristics, and performance parameters, on the other hand.

Technically speaking - a ballistic missile can be a hypersonic delivery vehicle [1], but its flight characteristic is different from that of a scramjet-powered hypersonic glide vehicle (refer to my earlier post in which I posted relevant images).

Any delivery vehicle designated as hypersonic glide vehicle (HGV) refer to a type of vehicle with the capability to re-enter Earth's atmosphere soon after the boost phase, and maintain hypersonic flight speed levels with a scramjet propulsion within edo- atmospheric conditions for prolonged duration during the course of its flight.

tether-anthony1-25-638.jpg

[1] For reference:-

acronyms-attack-missiles4.png

Good explanation in this link: http://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/m...iferation/missile-basics/hypersonic-missiles/

Now, every scramjet-powered hypersonic glide vehicle is not MACH 20+ rated for sustained flight in endo- atmospheric conditions; forces of friction can disintegrate an HGV if it is not hardened enough which in turn is not an easy feat of engineering.

American HGV Talon 2 is MACH 20+ rated
Russian HGV Avangard is MACH 20 rated
Chinese HGV DF-ZF is MACH 10 rated

DXQt0mAW4AACi5z.jpg

In summation:-

Ballistic missile = prolonged hypersonic speed levels in exo- atmospheric conditions (re-entry for short duration)
HGV = prolonged hypersonic speed levels in endo- atmospheric conditions (re-entry for long duration)

Both can be shot down regardless - depends upon what type of defensive system is involved.
Thank you bro... and now please check my posts... I taught him the same stuff but instead he started to misbehave towards the teacher.

I really feel sad for your parents..A teacher is a father and I'm your teacher.

Since when did a person trying to argue over the definition of the term "hypersonic" instead of trying to understand the debate "difference between hyper sonic missiles and traditional missiles " regardless of which missile travels at what speed, and then using insults to find an escape became anyone's teacher?

But then again, ego often makes people run after attention. And attention seekers often become proclaimed teachers. :disagree:

What did you teach me? The stuff that I already know better then you but yet you want to force it because you have this attention seeking and egoistic thingy to satisfy?
Or the stuff which I tried to explain 5 - 6 times in different posts (though I accept I didn't explain it in detail, but only left a link) and which Legend latter added in a post and explained, and then you "claimed" to have been trying to preach?
When exactly, did you even once talk about Hypersonic Missiles being powered through out the flight, using glide vehicles, not exiting the upper reaches of Earth's atmosphere, and defying existing ABM shields to be called Hypersonic Missiles?

Not even once, because you were stuck at the definitions and trying to project your own need for appreciation by highlighting your own older post which was not even relevant to the discussion, but being forced into discussion for your attention seeking reasons.
While the discussion was about the goddamn difference between what we call a "Hypersonic Missile" and what is a "Traditional Ballistic Missile".

That's correct.
But aren't the latest projects dealing with gliding vehicles that do not exit the Earth's Atmosphere at all?
Because technically, separation from boosting engine and before reentry is where the missile will be the easiest to intercept by high alt and long range ABM's?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom