What's new

Pakistan's name should be changed to Army Welfare Centre

Lahori paa jee

Reaction score
Remove Occupiers from our Land

Military authorities have asked the Capital Development Authority to remove the people occupying the land CDA had sold for building the new GHQ, Dawn learnt on wednesday.

Informed sources said the CDA had sold portions of E-10 and D-11 in the foothills of Margalla without paying compensation to the people for their dwellings.

Their refusal to vacate the land without compensation was obstructing the construction of GHQ Complex in an area in D-11.

On wednesday, military authorities met the bosses of CDA and Islamabad Capital Territory Administration and directed them to immediately remove villagers from the proposed site of GHQ complex.

They were resentful that the CDA concealed the fact that the land it sold to the military was not vacant but occupied by the locals.

In fact some two dozen more houses cropped up in sector D-11 after the land was sold to themilitary for the new GHQ.

The CDA side informed military authorities that it had a special enforcement directorate responsible for removing illegal structures on CDA land.

The ICT administration was directed to maintain law and order in case the CDA conduct anti-encroachment operation to remove the construction.

A new cantonment would be established in Islamabad following the shifting of GHQ in sector E-10 and D-11. the area housing the head quarters of the Navy, the Pakistan Air Force and the Army at Allama Iqbal Avenue would be declared the cantoanment area.

Pakistan army had been planning the shifting of GHQ to Islamabad since 1990

There were directions from the President Pervez Musharraf to preserve some 8000 square yards area in the GHQ as green area in order to protect the environment of Margalla.

The military authorities had already announced that the 50 storeyed building proposed to be built infront of sector E-10 in the proposed blue area extensionwould not be allowed. No building in the area should be above 15 storeys.

Multi-storyed residential buildings would be constructed in the outer layer of GHQ premesis for the accomodation of employees and the commercial plazas of the GHQ complex

Can anyone on this forum tell me if there is an armed forces headquarter in the capital of any country in the world accept Pakistan

I feel Pakistans name should be changed to Army Welfare Centre

Can anyone on this forum tell me if there is an armed forces headquarter in the capital of any country in the world accept Pakistan

I feel Pakistans name should be changed to Army Welfare Centre

maybe Pentagon rings a bell ???

or maybe i have misunderstood you :)

Yes Pentagon may be a case but the pentagon officials enjoy great respect from the Army.

We have often seen top american military officials walking behind Donald Rumsfeld. General Tommy Franks was once seen opening door for him.

On the other hand can anyone imagine General Mush opening door for Rao Sikandar Iqbal.

Why are there separate housing societies for army, navy and air forces. No country has such societies for its military men

Why are there special privileges for military officials in almost everything from eating out to airline tickets to any recreational spot.

I wont mind giving them all these facilities but the thing is what have they ever done for the country apart from staging coups, getting around 13000+ soldiers killed in different battles and eating away the countries resources

Coming back to the topic. You all know Islamabad is the only well planned city in Pakistan where the capital development authority ensures that the laws and bylaws are followed strictly. Each sector has wide roads, green belts, proper sanitation and sewage systems, shopping centres (markaz), parks, schools and colleges. The recent commercial activity along the blue area (e.g. the newly planned Centarius towers) was kept in mind while developing Islamabad back in 1964.

But my dear friends, Islamabad had no provision for GHQ.

The original GHQ is a no go area for civilians (and rightly so) but imagine the same being shifted to Islamabad.

Recently developed Allama Iqbal Avenue would be declared no go area, the surrounding F and E sectors would be declared sensative areas while the rush of employees working in GHQ would be so enormous that it would destroy the peace and beauty of Islamabad.

And all this just because Mushy wants to stay in power. But he forgets that death and power is one thing his uniform cannot control. The sense of insecurity has crept into Mushy's mind and if you dont know then lemme tell you that he goes to GHQ from president house and then returns almost daily. Because he fears of losing the grip on military and with every passing day this fear grows. Mushy himself mentioned this in his interview to John Stewart that he goes over the same bridge daily where he was attacked twice.

Lahori, we need a GHQ a GHQ which is unified. Next time you are heading to F-10, take a look. There is the AHQ, the NHQ then there is empty land which is for the Army Headquater. This agreewment has been there for a quater of a century.

And where do you expect armymen and there families to live, in Marghalla Hills Caves.

The whole posts are ridiculous.

Lahori, we need a GHQ a GHQ which is unified. Next time you are heading to F-10, take a look. There is the AHQ, the NHQ then there is empty land which is for the Army Headquater. This agreewment has been there for a quater of a century.

And where do you expect armymen and there families to live, in Marghalla Hills Caves.

I live in F-10

Btw those are navy and airforce regional officies not the headquarters.

Armymen and their families can happily live in Rawalpindi and the current GHQ

Those are not regional office, you crapping me? They are Air Headquaters and Naval Headquaters. Also there is no space in Rawalpindi cantt, it is already home to X Corps.

When my father was serving in GHQ we did not get a home until literally the last 6 weeks.

Also with about 10,000 new residents, there will be lots of new jobs.

Those are not regional office, you crapping me? They are Air Headquaters and Naval Headquaters. Also there is no space in Rawalpindi cantt, it is already home to X Corps.

When my father was serving in GHQ we did not get a home until literally the last 6 weeks.

Also with about 10,000 new residents, there will be lots of new jobs.

Even if they are headquarter they should not be in the Capital

So it was always the army's psyche to have a strong grip on the capital and control the politics of our country. So you have urself agreed with my posts

So its not so ridiculous

lahori, its the Pakistan army. islamabad is the capital of Pakistan. To say the army should not be there is ridiculous.

lahori where in your opinion should be the GHQ than ?

Back
Top Bottom