What's new

Pakistan's mangoes to get entry into US

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
American people will be able to taste world's most delicious mangoes, exported from Pakistan, this season.

"The US government has made gamma irradiation of food products a must for importing them to its markets, while Pakistan lacks any such facility. Now three US states have installed Gamma Radiation Processing Plants and they will do irradiation on their own," a senior official of the Punjab Agriculture Department told APP here on Monday.

He said that this has provided an opportunity for Pakistani mango exporters to enter markets of US states of Texas, Iowa, Mississippi where these plants have been installed. Pakistan is sixth largest mango-producing country in the world and many of its exporters have planned to enter the US markets this season.

He said that only in Punjab province, there are mango gardens on 271,700 acres of land and they produce 1.28 million tonnes of mangoes every year.

He said that there is a huge demand for Pakistani mangoes in the US markets. He said that Pakistani exporters can capture the US markets by ensuring continuous supply of mangoes.

He advised the would-be exporters of mangoes to the US this season to supply their produce on attractive rates to compete with other mango-supplying countries.

http://www.brecorder.com/2017/02/27/337980

American people will be able to taste world's most delicious mangoes, exported from Pakistan, this season.

"The US government has made gamma irradiation of food products a must for importing them to its markets, while Pakistan lacks any such facility. Now three US states have installed Gamma Radiation Processing Plants and they will do irradiation on their own," a senior official of the Punjab Agriculture Department told APP here on Monday.

He said that this has provided an opportunity for Pakistani mango exporters to enter markets of US states of Texas, Iowa, Mississippi where these plants have been installed. Pakistan is sixth largest mango-producing country in the world and many of its exporters have planned to enter the US markets this season.

He said that only in Punjab province, there are mango gardens on 271,700 acres of land and they produce 1.28 million tonnes of mangoes every year.

He said that there is a huge demand for Pakistani mangoes in the US markets. He said that Pakistani exporters can capture the US markets by ensuring continuous supply of mangoes.

He advised the would-be exporters of mangoes to the US this season to supply their produce on attractive rates to compete with other mango-supplying countries.

http://www.brecorder.com/2017/02/27/337980

YES! Finally! :yahoo:

Yes, yes, yes!! I am in Texas and I will finally get to eat Pakistani mangoes!! :bunny:

There is no better mango than Pakistani mango.

OMG...I'm happy and sad that the time..I spent so many years in USA without my sweetie Pakistani mangoes and as soon as I moved to Sweden, they allowed it :(:(...mere janay ka intezaar ho raha tha :lol:
Anyway, next year, I hope to enjoy them in USA :taz:
Pakistan Zindabad and Mangoes Paindabad :pakistan:
Aisay moqay par gana tu banta tu hai :)

@MastanKhan @Oscar

My relatives in US really miss the Pakistani mangoes because they are not available and the others available are also so expensive. even in UAE Mangoes are not so cheap.

Economics aside but trust me American people will be thankful to us for such a precious jewel of a fruit

We take pride on being a nuclear armed nation but lack such vital facility for exporting of food products..shame

oh man they have been available in Canada for a while now, along with falsey and jamun.

U bl...y incompetent nincompoops cant even install such plants which are critical for for food exports rather had been waiting fro the host countries to do so. Can U imagine how much money we cud earn if these plants are installed here in Pakistan? And then U blame the world market for not having demand for our stuff. It clearly shows what our priorities are. :mad::mad::mad:

Can't wait ...... but I live in New York ...... am I still gonna get those ...... I belong to the city of mangoes & my father is a land owner but it is sad that I can't have my own father produced mangoes here ..... finally

i haven't eaten pakistan mango in a while, send me some too :oops:

Here you have it...:D

111111a.JPG

We have excellent mangoes over here, with so much variety...Who knows, may be I will be the one selling this king of fruits in China...:)

Back
Top Bottom