What's new

“Pakistan’s “Kaliyug” began 5th July 1977″?

It was because of this discrimination that the two nation theory emerged that divided the Subcontinent, first in two and then three countries.
Shallow history. As is often the case in South Asia. The whole premise of the article is nothing less then deceptive and based on a cheat. Just because we have geographic names for regions does not confer on them a political or even a cultural unity. For instance we have geographic terms like Africa, Balkans, Latin America but these geographic regions have diverse peoples with diverse histories.

The article uses the geographic term 'India' and presents it as a integrated political unit or a country that came under attack in 1526 and because of the Muslim intervention it led to fracturing of this country in our times. This is utter nonsense. India has rarely ever been integrated as a country anymore then that other geography called 'Europe'. It existed as geographic region with diverse peoples with diverse histories living in fractured political entities. The people he is blaming for 'fracturing' his India in fact did the reverse. They were invaders who integrated the sub-continent and gave it the shape it exists in today as three or four countries. Was it not for them the Indian sub-continent would have been a hotch potch of at least dozen nations like Europe. Thie writer has turned history on it's head to spread his fable.

To make my point tak a look at South Asia transposed on Europe. Islamabad falls somewhere over Frankfurt, Germany [most of Pakistan over France], Karachi near Barcelona, Spain, New Delhi near Croatia, Mumbai hits Africa in Tunisia, Chennai again Libya in Africa near Benghazi, Kolkata over Istanbul in Turkey and Dhaka capital of Bangladesh in Ankara, Turkey. This gives you some idea of diversity and scale. If anything it is Europe that has been sliced and divided by history since fall of the Roman Empire. India itself manages to score Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North Africa and Asia Minor.

1bH4MRf.jpg

@xenon54 @HannibalBarca @Joe Shearer @AUSTERLITZ @war&peace @PAKISTANFOREVER @django @Kambojaric @Talwar e Pakistan @Sher Shah Awan @Chinese-Dragon @Beast @beijingwalker

a pile of rubbish
just by that old photo of zia in jordon and comments under it was enough to ignore the rest.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/archive/print/253919-zia-and-the-palestinians
President Zia’s air crash, like other political deaths in Pakistan, still remains a mystery. His personality and policies evoke extreme comments and emotions, based on a thicket of fact and fiction. One such subject is Zia’s alleged role in the killing of Palestinian in September 1970 in Jordan (“Black September”). There have been fanciful scenarios. The facts are as follows, based on my personal observations and involvement, because I held the charge of the mission in the ambassador’s absence.

Following the June 1967 military debacle, the Arabs requested Pakistan for military training. Pakistan sent training contingents to Syria, Jordan and Iraq. The mission in Jordon consisted of some 20 senior officers drawn from the three services. The team was led by Maj Gen Nawazish Ali, assisted by Brig Ziaul Haq (Armoured Corps), Brig Iftikhar Rana (Artillery), and Col Yaseen Malik (Infantry). The air force was led by Commodore Anwar Shameem, who later became chief of the PAF.

The team’s mandate was limited to training the formations of the Jordanian Defence Forces and had no combat role. In June 1970, an antiaircraft regiment arrived in Amman at the request of King Hussein for the protection of Jordan’s air space against violations by Israeli and Syrian planes, but it had no combat role or capacity.

The presence of the Pakistan training mission against this backdrop soon pulled it into the vortex of Arab intrigues and conspiracies. Its presence was magnified and exaggerated by vested groups. Our ambassador in Delhi had cautioned us against the surreptitious induction of Indian army officers belonging to RAW in PLO and PFLP ranks. Their assignment was to sow doubts and misgivings regarding Pakistan among Palestinians.

It was Sept 2 when I received a call from Brig Zia, informing me that the king had asked him to take over the command of the 3rd Armoured Division stationed in Irbid, a town close to the Syrian border. Syria had moved with an armoured brigade into Jordan. Maj Gen Qasim Motta, the Jordanian commander, had deserted and Zia was asked to take over.

Since the ambassador and Gen Nawazish were both out of Jordan, I was chargé d’affaires, and Zia the senior-most army officer. Zia told the king that he would need political clearance from the embassy before he responded to the request. I told Zia that the contingent’s mandate was not to fight, and hence I would need permission from Islamabad.

Telephone connections were dead. There were no cipher links either. The only communication link was telex based on Morse code. After a few hours’ effort, I established contact with Foreign Secretary Sultan Mohammad Khan, who declined to give any instructions and advised me to contact the military brass. Finally, I reached Mr Ghiasuddin, then Secretary General, Defence.

To my utter horror, without a moment’s hesitance, Ghias gave me the green signal. When I tried to explain the implications, I was cut short with a brief remark: “We had Istikhara, Hashmite Kingdom’s star is ascendant [sic]. Go ahead. Follow king’s commands [sic].” That the foreign and defence policy of Pakistan was formulated not on a dispassionate analysis of the situation but on the dubious religious invocation still amazes me.

Brig Zia accordingly took over the command in Irbid, but before any major military operation could be taken the Syrians, under intense pressure from the US and Israel, withdrew. This was the sum total of Pakistan’s involvement or Zia’s role in the alleged massacre of the Palestinians.

It is generally believed that Zia had been instrumental in the killing of thousands of Palestinians and that Arafat had vowed never to trust Pakistan or forgive Zia. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Arafat visited Pakistan three times during Zia’s regime and met him at summits of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference and the Non-aligned Movement. During my assignment in Cairo as Pakistan’s ambassador (1997-1999), I had quite a few occasions to meet Arafat during Arab League meetings and found no bitterness in him about Zia’s alleged role as “Butcher of Palestinians.”

The writer is a former ambassador. Email: m.tayyab.siddiqui@gmail.com
Far from reality Gen. Zia than Brigadier acted on Kings request without seeking permission from anyone.

Shallow history. As is often the case in South Asia. The whole premise of the article is nothing less then deceptive and based on a cheat. Just because we have geographic names for regions does not confer on them a political or even a cultural unity. For instance we have geographic terms like Africa, Balkans, Latin America but these geographic regions have diverse peoples with diverse histories.

The article uses the geographic term 'India' and presents it as a integrated political unit or a country that came under attack in 1526 and because of the Muslim intervention it led to fracturing of this country in our times. This is utter nonsense. India has rarely ever been integrated as a country anymore then that other geography called 'Europe'. It existed as geographic region with diverse peoples with diverse histories living in fractured political entities. The people he is blaming for 'fracturing' his India in fact did the reverse. They were invaders who integrated the sub-continent and gave it the shape it exists in today as three or four countries. Was it not for them the Indian sub-continent would have been a hotch potch of at least dozen nations like Europe. Thie writer has turned history on it's head to spread his fable.

To make my point tak a look at South Asia transposed on Europe. Islamabad falls somewhere over Frankfurt, Germany [most of Pakistan over France], Karachi near Barcelona, Spain, New Delhi near Croatia, Mumbai hits Africa in Tunisia, Chennai again Libya in Africa near Benghazi, Kolkata over Istanbul in Turkey and Dhaka capital of Bangladesh in Ankara, Turkey. This gives you some idea of diversity and scale. If anything it is Europe that has been sliced and divided by history since fall of the Roman Empire. India itself manages to score Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North Africa and Asia Minor.

1bH4MRf.jpg

@xenon54 @HannibalBarca @Joe Shearer @AUSTERLITZ @war&peace @PAKISTANFOREVER

As always engaging with you on this forum is a pleasure, you are a credit to the members here. Thank you for increasingly my knowledge on the subject :).

Far from reality Gen. Zia than Brigadier acted on Kings request without seeking permission from anyone.
lol . ppp jiyala stories , they also say they see bhutto up on sukkurs sky around maghrib time .

lol . ppp jiyala stories , they also say they see bhutto up on sukkurs sky around maghrib time .
I don't follow any political party including PTI, so my views about history not intruded by my political affiliations since I don't have any.

1bH4MRf.jpg

@xenon54 @HannibalBarca @Joe Shearer @AUSTERLITZ @war&peace @PAKISTANFOREVER @django @Kambojaric @Talwar e Pakistan @Sher Shah Awan @Chinese-Dragon @Beast @beijingwalker
True that. Nations get united to face common enemy and present republic of India is still remains a hosh posh of states and nations despite the effort of banias to evolve an unnatural indian identity so they use Pakistan as a common enemy but a lot of people in this unnatural union are not buying the crap anymore.

I don't follow any political party including PTI, so my views about history not intruded by my political affiliations since I don't have any.
Bhai Allah aap ko hidayet de aur PTI join karneki toufeeq ata farmay..Ameen :D

your views are based on your bias rather than a credible source.
zia taking direct orders from king needs to be confirmed by the king himself... you have what it takes?

your views are based on your bias rather than a credible source.
zia taking direct orders from king needs to be confirmed by the king himself... you have what it takes?
My little friend you are reading blogs article written by non military professionals and thinking only you have gospel of truth which is wrong, attitude like yours lead you nowhere you born jahil and would die jahil, change it and listen others and try to understand before opening your mouth.

Bhai Allah aap ko hidayet de aur PTI join karneki toufeeq ata farmay..Ameen :D
I know much about Imran Khan and that is why I would pray for you people who are following him since he would prove Ghadafi II in case if he got elected.

As always engaging with you on this forum is a pleasure, you are a credit to the members here. Thank you for increasingly my knowledge on the subject :).

You have picked the only mature and responsible comment by any member on the thread, with the honourable exception of war&peace, who recognised quality when he saw it. It is not that I agree wholly with him on everything, but just that little touch of superimposing the map of south Asia (Pakistan+India+Bangladesh) on Europe is enough to get the quality of the man's thinking. So, too, with war&peace; we have had testy exchanges, but he has done right to spot the exceptional nature of Kaptaan's intervention. Good for him.

Kaptaan is right up there within the 10 best commentators on the forum (I am being vague to avoid singling out any individual, other than our member in question), but manages to upset the Neanderthal lobby; look at the responses in the thread above.

You have picked the only mature and responsible comment by any member on the thread, with the honourable exception of war&peace, who recognised quality when he saw it. It is not that I agree wholly with him on everything, but just that little touch of superimposing the map of south Asia (Pakistan+India+Bangladesh) on Europe is enough to get the quality of the man's thinking. So, too, with war&peace; we have had testy exchanges, but he has done right to spot the exceptional nature of Kaptaan's intervention. Good for him.

Kaptaan is right up there within the 10 best commentators on the forum (I am being vague to avoid singling out any individual, other than our member in question), but manages to upset the Neanderthal lobby; look at the responses in the thread above.
I'm in the process of learning at least about a few subjects and my posts two years ago are drastically different than todays..it may change even further as I learn more.

Mate, Gaddafi was one of the courageous leaders in Africa and Muslim countries so let's not buy the crap from the western media.
Yeah agreed but he thinks he is the only one who can lead, same thinking and attitude present in I.K....you want civilian dictator and wants to make Pakistan a banana republic...vote for I.K.

Back
Top Bottom