What's new

Pakistan's Hindu Population Growth Faster Than National Average

#Pakistan to declare #Holi, #Dewali, #Easter national holidays #Hindu #Christian NA to take resolution to declare Holi, Dewali, Easter holidays - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

The National Assembly on Tuesday adopted a resolution to take steps to declare Holi, Diwali and Easter as holidays for minorities.

The resolution was moved by Dr Ramesh Kumar Vankwani (PML-N) that, "This house is of the opinion that government should take steps to declare Holi, Diwali and Easter as closed holidays for minorities."

State Minister for Religious Affairs Pir Aminul Hasnat Shah speaking in the house said that the Interior Ministry has already given permission to heads of federal organisations, departments, and institutions to grant leave to minorities on their religious festivals.

If the government adheres to the resolution ─ which it is expected to ─ the Interior Ministry will issue a notification declaring the holiday.

Meanwhile, Federal Minister for Laws and Justice Pervaiz Rashid said that although he is not opposing the resolution, the number of holidays in Pakistan are more than any other country and the resolution should be reconsidered.

He added that all Pakistanis equally share each others joy and sorrow and that there is no discrimination on basis of religion and faith, adding every citizen is enjoying religious freedom.

Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousif and Parliamentary Secretary of Interior Minister Maryum Aurangzeb also did not oppose the resolution.

It is reduced to 1.5% from 21% since 1947.
The figure has been mire or less the same from 1951 to 2016 partition pay na jao bhai phir ap ko Jammu aur East Punjab ka bhe hisaab dena paray ga

Super relevant post. But I agree, citizenship rules for persecuted Pakistani Hindus need to be relaxed.

Wow. I am considering migrating to Pakistan. It seems to be a very Hindu friendly country.
Only if you sing Dil Dil Pakistan :D

It is always a pleasure to see factual posts and threads. I wish the world can see and recognise this fact. All the best wishes for our hindu brothers and sisters. They are as patriotic as anyone else.

It is always a pleasure to see factual posts and threads. I wish the world can see and recognise this fact. All the best wishes for our hindu brothers and sisters. They are as patriotic as anyone else.

Impossible. This country is based on the two nation theory.

It is reduced to 1.5% from 21% since 1947.

It was 21% prior to 1947 not after. Most Hindus migrated to India after partition hence only 1.3% of population were hindus according to 1951 census.

An Interview of a #Pakistani #Hindu activist about breaking stereotypes! #Hindus live peacefully in #Pakistan.

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/an-interview-of-a-pakistani-hindu-about-breaking-stereotypes/

Could you tell us about you, where you live, a bit about your family, what you do, etc?
I am Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Youth and Minority rights activist, graduated as a Medical Doctor from Liaquat university of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro, Sindh. Pursuing post graduation in the field of Psychiatric Medicine from the same insitution.
I was born in a town namely Thana Bula Khan, a Hindu Dominant town of Sindh, serving the biggest economy to the country because of most people into Business.
Half of family is into medical profession, so my father inspired me to be a medical Doctor like him. Since very begining of college days, I have been actively participatig in Youth led conferences about Interfaith Harmony, Democracy, Leadership, Peace, Climate Change and Youth empowement in Pakistan, India and United states.
Are there many Hindu families in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, Hindus are living very peacefully since thousands of years around the Indus Valley. Hindus were the real owners of the land. Since ages, Hindus have a very rich background. They are business oriented, educationists, philanthropists who always believed in the message of Humanity, Interfaith Harmony, Tranquility and Peace. Currently Hindus make up around two percent of the country’s 200 million people and they mostly live in southern Sindh province.
People compare pre and post 1971 statistics and assume that the Hindu population in Pakistan has drastically reduced when it is clear that Pakistan was dismembered in 1971 and the statistics would of course be different for only the western part of what was total of east and west Pakistan, then.

Have you ever been in a situation where you have been asked to ‘Go to India’ because you are a Hindu?
In my case, answer would be very simple, Just because I have been born into a particular religion, no one has ever told me off that I belong to a certain country. Infact in cities other than my birth city, I am treated like a celebrity. People are curious about the hindu customs and cultures and ask me a lot of questions. Indeed some people have come to shake hand with me only to see what a Hindu looks like.
But if one were to believe the media, then we are victims of religious extremism, Intolerance, religious discrimination and forceful religious conversion. Despite of having some basic and minor issues, We do celebrate each of our Festival including Dewali, Holi, Thadri, Raksha Bandhan with full Zeal and Zest with our fellow Countrymen.
I vividly remember very few-off situations when during a cricket match I was asked who I support. By then, I failed to comprehend the mindset behind the question.
I personally believe that there are ignorant people on both sides of the border. Lunatic people using these ‘Go to India’ or ‘Go to Pakistan’ tags and those setting examples of “Ghar wapsi” and “love jihad” are doing nothing but are only bringing disgrace to their communities and country.
Do you think Hindus and Muslims can live peacefully?
Since I belong to Sindh, I believe in the proposition that Hindus and Muslims can live peacefully. The cultural values of Sindh are mixture of Sufi Islam & Hinduism. Many cities of Sindh are exemplary in that. At times, a number of Muslim friends ask me, if they can join me for holi celebrations and can share the joys. Similarly, I feel no hesitation in celebrating the Eid with my Pakistani brothers and sisters. I believe that only thing which separates us from each other is the borders which we make in our mind and here I will second the Nelson Mandela that “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite” .

i'm glad to see growth of hindus in pakistan they should be loved and respected as much as anyone else.Hopefully they will continue to grow and become and integral part of pakistan.

so true, and as per 2017 census they are more then 2% now.....i think GoP should educate them about birth controls they are growing in crazy numbers in Karachi as well.....and you can see them every where......

but i love the harmony between religious groups in Pakistan even i have seen our maid (she is hindu) fast during Ramadan and my mom always ask her why she do that, she always says the it gives her peace and she likes to fast with muslims and love to celebrate Ramadan and Eid along with Hindu festivals.........having Holi and diwali celebrations are now so common in places like Karachi on big scale where muslims also join their hindu bros.

Back
Top Bottom