What's new

Pakistan's GDP growth expected to touch 3% mark for FY2021

prove those now
all I see 1.3 % and failed pak rupee 159 to 1 measly dollar
How did you see 1.3% ? You read it on a road sign somewhere? SBP is the final and official authority here.

So Pakistan managed this growth with the following negatives:
- Closure of economy and recession due to covid 19 health crisis
- Tough IMF conditions: Energy hikes, taxes hikes and capping govt spending
- Financing $10-20 billions of deficit and debt payments that Nawaz Sharif left as a gift for this nation
- Miserly support from International institutions
- FATF restrictions

Now with time all the above negatives are going to be neutralized, I am very hopeful that if current govt continues we can be on a path of sustainable export based gdb growth of 6% plus without burning SBP reserves and inflating the rupee.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Pmln Khotis called this disaster a success
View attachment 746031

Wrong figures with out any reference to make fool the members of PDF.

1621670551638.png

prove those now
all I see 1.3 % and failed pak rupee 159 to 1 measly dollar

I know any positive news from Pakistan gives Hindu nationalists like you heart attack, but get used to it.
How did you see 1.3% ? You read it on a road sign somewhere? SBP is the final and official authority here.

So Pakistan managed this growth with the following negatives:
- Closure of economy and recession due to covid 19 health crisis
- Tough IMF conditions: Energy hikes, taxes hikes and capping govt spending
- Financing $10-20 billions of deficit and debt payments that Nawaz Sharif left as a gift for this nation
- Miserly support from International institutions
- FATF restrictions

Now with time all the above negatives are going to be neutralized, I am very hopeful that if current govt continues we can be on a path of sustainable export based gdb growth of 6% plus without burning SBP reserves and inflating the rupee.

He knows the truth, just trying to find a way to discredit it. It’s the only thing Hindi nationalists like him have left. There’s nothing else they can do to Pakistan.

Same old mantra, people are praying that this shamble goes
The devaluation of the rs hasn't triggered exports, in a developing country infrastructure work has a very large positive impact on growth. It is not based on the export of cheap commodities. Ik is an idiot with a massive following of idiots.
As I said you can't fix Patwaris
@Dual Wielder @Patriot forever @ziaulislam @Del

you guys,are celebrating a 3.94% as,a major achievement. by the way this is from a Pakistani source no doubt so I have my doubts,on credibility of this.

just to show you how relatively poor this growth rate I'm going to post a a source of the growth rate of India a country ravaged by covid and still the reduced growth is,over 10% ...
the source is from.uk so no arguments over credibility either and is dated 21st April

a developing country needs minimum 7%
and when your rupee is so weak this,explain why you are so far behind even Bangladesh now

you guys,are celebrating a 3.94% as,a major achievement. by the way this is from a Pakistani source no doubt so I have my doubts,on credibility of this.

just to show you how relatively poor this growth rate I'm going to post a a source of the growth rate of India a country ravaged by covid and still the reduced growth is,over 10% ...
the source is from.uk so no arguments over credibility either and is dated 21st April

a developing country needs minimum 7%
and when your rupee is so weak this,explain why you are so far behind even Bangladesh now
Guess who else is behind Bangladesh as well

Great News! The Planning Minister Mr. Asad Umar has said that total GDP increased from $263 billion to $296 billion, an increase of $33 billion, which is the highest ever increase in any year.
He tweeted:
“Due to a combination of gdp growth and strengthening of Pak rupee against the US $, per capita of Pakistan jumped by 13.4% this year from $1361 to $1543. Total GDP increase from $263 billion to $296 billion an increase of $33 billion which is the highest ever increase in any year”

1621688826298.png

Good news, however, it's only a start and at least a decade of sustainable growth is requires to truly uplift a substantial segment of society out of poverty and to change the aspirations of the country.

PTI needs to be at the helm of affairs for the next two terms and some new democratic, authentic political parties need to be created with PPP, PMLN, PTM and all other traitorous entities disbanded and punished fully.

This is meant to be positive, what a bloody shambles. For on 5.8 % to -0.4 to 0 % and no a pipe dream to touching 3% with a barge pole.
Shaukat Tareen said that it will take a while to get to 2018 level. PTI's 4th finance minister in under 3 years.
FFS heads must role. Ik fraudiya bring the first

That 5.8% Growth Was The Easiest To Acheive Borrow And Print A Lot of Money and Spend Like Crazy.

Is Your Daddy Gonna Return That Debt??????

Unlike previous consumption led growth this is led more by industry and exports. Maintaining a stable current account (surplus even this year) while the reserves go up and not a massive increase in net external debt. The primary fiscal balance is in a surplus after a long time. Stable rupee. This type of growth is something we all rooted for and is sustainable. There is so much work to do still but Alhumdulillah something to be happy about for now. You don’t go from 2 percent to 8 percent in one year, especially in an economy like ours with the mafias and rent seekers dragging things down. Slowly their hold will be broken and Pakistan will rise. Many had cast aspersions on Reza Baqir as an IMF or US agent but with RDA he has more than replaced the CSF Pakistan was addicted to. Also credit to Abdul Hafeez Shaikh. Couple of things to work on would be to expand tax net (easier to do in a growing economy) to include the store owners, jewelers, doctors etc that pay minimal tax. Circular debt issue is so complicated with so many moving parts it honestly needs some Nobel prize winner to figure it out.

6% is achievable but key is to keep the deficit <2 and keep IMF happy
oil prices and machinery imports will take the deficit to 1-2% unless foreign remittance keep surprising all analyst like it did this year with unbelievable 20% growth setting to 30b$

also we ignore the fact that this is happening despite not getting 2b$( or almost 0.7%of gdp) foreign inflows from USA/CSF

They Can Start By Making NEPRA And SBP Autonomous And Privatize SOEs.That Will Show IMF We Are Serious

Unlike previous consumption led growth this is led more by industry and exports. Maintaining a stable current account (surplus even this year) while the reserves go up and not a massive increase in net external debt. The primary fiscal balance is in a surplus after a long time. Stable rupee. This type of growth is something we all rooted for and is sustainable. There is so much work to do still but Alhumdulillah something to be happy about for now. You don’t go from 2 percent to 8 percent in one year, especially in an economy like ours with the mafias and rent seekers dragging things down. Slowly their hold will be broken and Pakistan will rise. Many had cast aspersions on Reza Baqir as an IMF or US agent but with RDA he has more than replaced the CSF Pakistan was addicted to. Also credit to Abdul Hafeez Shaikh. Couple of things to work on would be to expand tax net (easier to do in a growing economy) to include the store owners, jewelers, doctors etc that pay minimal tax. Circular debt issue is so complicated with so many moving parts it honestly needs some Nobel prize winner to figure it out.
Hence a stable 4-5% growth is much better and we shouldnt rush growth at the cost
Of unsustainbility

Our agrisector is underpressure because of stupid laws..
E.g you cant export animals there is ban!

Back
Top Bottom