What's new

Pakistan's fading Parsi community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among all Muslim countries I think Pakistan is the one where some of the most sensitive posts in military were held by minorities. Pakistani christian particularly have a very important role in its atomic program.
It is not just Muslim countries, we beat many so called secular countries and we don't even market it. I never seen a Muslim ambassador from USA or secretary of the state (remember the fact that secretary of state does not need to be a member of congress or senate).

I I never seen a Muslim ambassador from USA or secretary of the state (remember the fact that secretary of state does not need to be a member of congress or senate).
Bangladesh. Afghanistan and Iraq did have Muslim ambassador from USA.

Another prominent Paksitani parsi was Justice Dorab Patel

Dorab Patel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The good thing however is that PM Nawaz Sharif met parsi community of Karachi a few days ago. Such interaction by PM himself can help to improve parsi community problems in Pakistan and can improve their numbers.

Nawaz Sharif Address in Parsi Community Karachi 20 August 2015 - Connect to World

A delicate question. I'll understand if you do not want to answer.

Are Parsis actually threatened in Pakistan? Have there been cases of them also being targeted by fundamentalist forces?

I had read some time ago of kidnapping, extortion etc. of some moneyed/political Parsis, but I guess that was more criminal than religious motivated?

Parsis are going to be extinct soon as they expel every obe from community if he/she is not parsi.

This behaviour basically indicates a closed-community. It is difficult to establish a cause and effect relationship but I think this is common among small groups/communities to shut the doors to external "invaders" as some sort of survival or preservation strategy but that actually hurts them. Japanese are also such people; they find it very difficult to accept relations with people of non-Japanese origin and thus their community is shrinking as larger percentage of people is older and people are not inclined to raise more than one kid. The same is true for Jews.

It is not just Muslim countries, we beat many so called secular countries and we don't even market it. I never seen a Muslim ambassador from USA or secretary of the state (remember the fact that secretary of state does not need to be a member of congress or senate).
We has a an ambassador that was a Muslim to the UN in 2007 to 2009. He was from Afghanistan too.

@GURU DUTT sir ko bataya nahin? Khaya piya aur gul ho gaye?

Sir there is a Parsi dharamshala near AIIMS. Used to make real nice dhansak. Its still there.

I had stayed there with my dad when I had come to give my Russian MBBS entrance exam. Lovely garden, in the heart of Delhi.
its name is sodaBottleopnerwala in khan market but its way too darn expensive (INR:1500 for two without drinks)+ there is not much veg items on the menu and for last 5years i have stopped eating non veg stuff and on that day when i first planned to go there you talked about on the rocks which got me to have a few drinks before going home and all hell broke loose on me as my daughter and wife both were very very upset "saari utar gayee" :cray: anyway ordered dominoes instead but a friend told me they are as good as some very old parsi joints in mumbai with respect to taste .... cheers doc

its name is sodaBottleopnerwala in khan market but its way too darn expensive + there is not much veg items on the menu and for last 5years i have stopped eating non veg stuff and on that day when i first planned to go there you talked about on the rocks which got me to have a few drinks before going home and all hell broke loose on me as my daughter and wife both were very very upset "saari utar gayee" :cray: anyway ordered dominoes instead but a friend told me they are as good as some very old parsi joints in mumbai with respect to taste .... cheers doc

Guru! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aaaj Saturday hai! :enjoy::cheers:

well aaj janmashtmi(krishanji's happy birthday) hai aur madam ka happy birthday bhi .... aaj to chah ker bhi nahi le sakta :fie:

Chal stop wasting time here today.

Mere aur Mrs. Vsdoc ke taraf se Mrs. Guru ko bhi Happy B'day!

Chal stop wasting time here today.

Mere aur Mrs. Vsdoc ke taraf se Mrs. Guru ko bhi Happy B'day!
thanks doc :-)

waise as both kids have there half yearlies starting from monday so i guess celebrations will onli start in the evening :)

and im in my office come showroom have to sit before computer all day long so why not have some fun on PDF aswell :D

A delicate question. I'll understand if you do not want to answer.

Are Parsis actually threatened in Pakistan? Have there been cases of them also being targeted by fundamentalist forces?

I had read some time ago of kidnapping, extortion etc. of some moneyed/political Parsis, but I guess that was more criminal than religious motivated?

Not specifically targeted by fundamentalist forces or Taliban or other religious extremists like that. A parsi living in Karachi might face the same dangers like mugging or robbery just like any random Muslim Karachiite would face. The kidnapping incident that you are talking about happened in Quetta and that too was done by some criminal groups. Even though situation has improved in Quetta, in previous Pee Pee Pee period kidnappings were rampant irrespective of religion.

Bangladesh. Afghanistan and Iraq did have Muslim ambassador from USA.
Thanks for the correction.

We has a an ambassador that was a Muslim to the UN in 2007 to 2009. He was from Afghanistan too.
I just gave example of USA but it is good to know. UK's representative to EU is a Pakistani origin Muslim.

I just gave example of USA but it is good to know. UK's representative to EU is a Pakistani origin Muslim.
UK has a higher Muslim population than us. I expect with the increasing Muslim population in the US we will have Muslims playing more important roles in politics.

Parsi community is fading in Pakistan because Pakistani muslims are either killing the Parsis or forcing them to accept Islam...Shame on Pakistani muslims

Parsi community is fading in Pakistan because Pakistani muslims are either killing the Parsis or forcing them to accept Islam...Shame on Pakistani muslims
welcome to PDF ...... per aate hi chawka/chakka marne ki koshish mat karro khawaja saheb :astagh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom