What's new

Pakistan's fading Parsi community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard half Parsi half Christian?

First names are Christian but I'm not aware of it. If above post about interfaith marriage is true then probably community doesn't recognize them as one anymore, but they still have Parsi blood in them.

First names are Christian but I'm not aware of it. If above post about interfaith marriage is true then probably community doesn't recognize them as one anymore, but they still have Parsi blood in them.

Actually if their surname is Parsi, then their dad is a Parsi, so in all likelihood they are Parsi as well.

Bro years ago I had discussed all of this here on a long thread on Parsis.

Right now I'm chilling. Have done my bit. Hope my kids will do the same.

Aage kisne dekha hai?

We have been around for thousands of years. Even if the Parsis die, based on what I heard from Iranians here those years ago, I am pretty confident that our ancient faith will live on. Even prosper.

i too hope so man kind proper through our children, parsis too have done a lot for the country they have settled in

Eminent Parsis of India |

Notable personalities from Pakistani Paarsi Community | Reviewit.pk

Not enough birth-rate and aversion to bring others in is leading to dwindling numbers.

Now @vsdoc is telling us something new!

Last time I spoke to a Parsi, he said "you are born into it. You can't convert into one"!

Then I trolled him, I said "but there's this girl and I'm desperately in love with her, and we want to get married" And the guy just went ballistic. HE literally screamed "She can't do that! I must stop her!"

I replied "Q app oskay chacha hain ya mama?" Good old days!

The pressures of work and life sometimes make you forget the good times, but PDF brings it all back. Thank You PDF :cheers::pdf:

On a serious note, don't understand why non-Parsi's can't visit their temples? I mean I have visited Gurdhwaras, churches, Hindu temples, but you can't enter a Parsi temple, Why?

Our Mosques / Masjids are open for every one. I even took a Hindu in with me once, before he converted.

All the kings men, alas the beneficiaries of the empire are going back to it. True anglophiles! being the minutest of minorities in British India pulled more weight than perhaps all others combined.

How is there any half this and half that. Whole world is like that.
@Indus Falcon @vsdoc

Ancient faiths are very strongly blood based.

There is no right or wrong in this.

It is what it is. You should have this debate with my wife. She is the adarsh liberal in the household. :)

All the kings men, alas the beneficiaries of the empire are going back to it. True anglophiles! being the minutest of minorities in British India pulled more weight than perhaps all others combined.

Not a fair statement, if I read the intent behind it clearly.

We've bled for the land as much as any community has. Considering our numbers.

Last time I spoke to a Parsi, he said "you are born into it. You can't convert into one"!

Then I trolled him, I said "but there's this girl and I'm desperately in love with her, and we want to get married" And the guy just went ballistic. HE literally screamed "She can't do that! I must stop her!"

The pressures of work and life sometimes make you forget the good times, but PDF brings it all back. Thank You PDF :cheers::pdf:

On a serious note, don't understand why non-Parsi's can't visit their temples? I mean I have visited Gurdhwaras, churches, Hindu temples, but you can't enter a Parsi temple, Why?

Our Mosques / Masjids are open for every one. I even took a Hindu in with me once, before he converted.

well everyone is curious to know why non parsi are not allowed into parsis temples or there place of worship @vsdoc

Your friend was right.

I do believe the Fire Temple rule is unfair.

We were once not allowed into Jagannath Temple, even though my mom was dressed in shalwar kameez (sister was very small). Don't know how the priests knew we were not Hindu.

Apparently Indira Gandhi too was not allowed entry into the same temple.

Your friend was right.

I do believe the Fire Temple rule is unfair.

We were once not allowed into Jagannath Temple, even though my mom was dressed in shalwar kameez (sister was very small). Don't know how the priests knew we were not Hindu.

Apparently Indira Gandhi too was not allowed entry into the same temple.

i think bro there are only couple of temples where non Hindus are not allowed but its unfair practice

It is what it is. You should have this debate with my wife. She is the adarsh liberal in the household. :)

I'm not trying to insult or troll you. As a very junior student of religion, I have studied a lot of religions.

Parsi's as a community are very educated, helpful and polite people. But the secrecy behind their temples is puzzling.

Mormons are the weirdest bunch I have ever seen, Parsi's on the other hand are no where close, therefore the curiosity. Hope you understand.

i think bro there are only couple of temples where non Hindus are not allowed but its unfair practice

There are ancient fire temples in Iran, like the one at Chak Chak, where Iranian Muslims are also allowed to enter and worship.

So I think this is Parsi specific more than a Zoroastrian thing.

I'm not trying to insult or troll you. As a very junior student of religion, I have studied a lot of religions.

Parsi's as a community are very educated, helpful and polite people. But the secrecy behind their temples is puzzling.

Mormons are the weirdest bunch I have ever seen, Parsi's on the other hand are no where close, therefore the curiosity. Hope you understand.

I wasn't referring to you bro, but the American gent with the arabic letters.

I think I made myself clear I was referring to British Raj in India. In some ways you can caste it as the Parsi Golden Era! from running bureaucracy to military to Business and Finance.

I think I made myself clear I was referring to British Raj in India. In some ways you can caste it as the Parsi Golden Era! from running bureaucracy to military to Business and Finance.

You made it sound like we were running away. Like the Anglo Indians did.

The term Anglophile by its usage in the context of your statement was offensive to me as a nationalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom