What's new

Pakistan’s exports increase by 7% as production goes up

Textile is cut throat competition with Bangladesh and vietnam who have cheaper gas and coal (electricity ) and low labour with available capital from banks(high saving ) and political support
Nope they don't have cheap labor. Here you are wrong plus gas is a very good price going into textile. Already cheap gas being given to textile. Plus the biggest factor for textile is design and quality and that is where Pakistan leads.

The cotton coming from mianwali or khanewal is best quality. It is so pure and free of dust. The canola in that cotton is very oil rich which means very healthy fiber.

There is no match for textile industry of Pakistan. Bengladesh has industrial textile base without any domestic raw material base. That industry was established by sikandar Mirza and the whole idea was to import raw material from West Pakistan. Bengladesh has already lost it's core base of industry. It is now only machine and laborn industry for textile nothing beyond that.

Nope they don't have cheap labor. Here you are wrong plus gas is a very good price going into textile. Already cheap gas being given to textile. Plus the biggest factor for textile is design and quality and that is where Pakistan leads.

The cotton coming from mianwali or khanewal is best quality. It is so pure and free of dust. The canola in that cotton is very oil rich which means very healthy fiber.

There is no match for textile industry of Pakistan. Bengladesh has industrial textile base without any domestic raw material base. That industry was established by sikandar Mirza and the whole idea was to import raw material from West Pakistan. Bengladesh has already lost it's core base of industry. It is now only machine and laborn industry for textile nothing beyond that.
1. go and compare prices before pTI govt came in..its available online
2. compare labour and Social security prices before devaluation..its available online
3. cotton goes to spinning industry and we sell the thread at same price to Bangladesh as to our local industry
4. lack of power, utilities and land is a big problem..last year we were only able to open 1 SEZ..instead of planned 10

Plant tea if weather is suitable.
I am an enthusiast.
But I love the agricultural sector and is working towards buying some land for myself...
What you need to do is hire a good expert from faisalabad University {in my eyes they are even less knowledgeabe then novice} but they would help you what to plant..
But you are rich hire people from abroad they would cost you a little but it is a one time investment.. They would check your soil. The mountainous land can be converted in terraces and you can plant a forst. Environment and water needs are also studied..with drip irrigation your farm would water itself...
And every information is Avalible online if you care to study.
Compare your temps with other cities with some temps and see what they grow...
And see how they setup their farms.
G

Thanks bro. Actually im from northern area dir lolz am not rich. I work as lecturer in an engineering uni. We have these uninhibited and uncultivated family lands. Just bushes and gives no income. I want to put to some use or atleast help environment and birds. I have researched but those options are expensive. Just cutting lanes for cultivation costs millions and other overheads. Agriculture deppt did a study in our area n recommended olive trees. I want to keep landscape natural and have forest of olives on it.
Tea is a great option but tht requires alot of rain i guess, dont know much about tea plantation. Though seeing how expensive good tea is and huge demand means it is profitable.

1. go and compare prices before pTI govt came in..its available online
2. compare labour and Social security prices before devaluation..its available online
3. cotton goes to spinning industry and we sell the thread at same price to Bangladesh as to our local industry
4. lack of power, utilities and land is a big problem..last year we were only able to open 1 SEZ..instead of planned 10
Bangladesh raised its min wage. Plus Pakistan devalued its currency. Pakistan is a now has cheaper min wage price. Bangladesh is on track to deplete its local NG supplies within the decade...those prices are so subsidized that no one conserves it. Imported LNG is not cheap. Power situation has improved in Pakistan. Thar coal has now replaced import oil fired generation. Plus a lot of cheap hydro is expected to come on in the next few years. Pakistan can 100 GW of just coal and Hydro. Bangladesh can not match this potential output. As I stated their domestic NG fields are depleting. Pakistan has a higher industrial potential in the long run.

Bengal was always the prize of hindustan. The most productive region under the British Raj and mughals

Pti is doing great as far as exports are concerned.... But they should not decrease the imports also as they are losing big chunk of tax revenue and may be that's why they missed the tax collection target by huge margin.
tax on imports is not a source of income it is rather a tool for discouraging imports. This is not the way for anyone to raise taxes. The imports are financed not through exports and remittances but through foreign loans. Which we can only finance through more foreign loans (we dont print USDs) and here we are. Remember the taxes are in rupees and the imported goods in USD. Pakistan cannot convert PKR in to USD because it cannot print USD. It needs to export to earn USD. Currency mismatch are a huge source of crisis as seen now in Pakistan (earlier in Turkey) everywhere in EU during the 2008 crisis and before that in the Asian crisis as well.

Its the same thing this Dawood guy said two weeks ago, quantity is up but not the $$ earned...Mr. Dawood if you cant figure out the reason please contact me here on PDF and I can explain you why is that.
You have already been sufficiently answered and "I am sorry to say" that you are wrong. It would be better for you to pickup a college level economics book.

You have already been sufficiently answered and "I am sorry to say" that you are wrong. It would be better for you to pickup a college level economics book.

Books are not a replacement for 56 years of life experience, but we are here and we will talk in a year or two again i am sure...by the way replying someone is not proving it wrong, yes you gave your arguments that apply to Vietnam :) where people work harder to make more money but here the topic is Pakistan.

Hopefully it is in USD this time. Last time the announced an increase, it was in PKR and exports had actually fallen when taken in USD

It's the same old BS. Exports haven't really increased in USD terms. Volumes have gone up and that's all.

Back
Top Bottom