What's new

Pakistan's Engineering Marvel

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This Road to Fort Munro in D.G.Khan, Pakistan is being lauded as a great engineering feat by Pakistani builders and is attracting tourists from near and far for a thrilling driving experience.

D7lxf0XWwAENe51.jpg

Last edited:
Visited in 2017 with friends. It was under construction at that time so encountered many jams. Fort Munro is a nice place but needs cleaning. There were piles of trash. If the govt pays attention to cleaning it and also if infra-structure and security are improved, it can be good addition to the tourist map of Pakistan.

Last edited:
Looks stunning, imagine riding out there with the wind trying to throw you off the cliffs. :)

Looks stunning, imagine riding out there with the wind trying to throw you off the cliffs. :)

riding motor cycle would be fun on this road, car not so much unless you go totally empty stomach

it is good but may be prone to landsliding

This Road to Fort Munro in D.G.Khan, Pakistan is being lauded as a great engineering feat by Pakistani builders and is attracting tourists from near and far for a thrilling driving experience.

View attachment 563655

I grew up in Multan cantt, it was always a thrilling experience driving up to fort Monroe back in 90s... I wish they will make it a tourist destination for south Punjab ...
We used to go to Quetta during summer vacation. Starting off with 42C early morning and climbing to fort Monroe and getting 32C Celsius’s temperature within 3 hours around noon was exhilarating and relaxing experience ...

Please note it’s at 6500 feet, higher than murree

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Munro

riding motor cycle would be fun on this road, car not so much unless you go totally empty stomach

Yeah it would be more fun on a bike. Its my dream to do a motorbike trip across Pakistan in a couple of years. Would definitively include this road in my future trip inshallah.

View attachment 563655

The area of the road in view above is part of the project that aims to make the hilly portion of the road wide and safe for Gwadar-bound cargo traffic with the installation of eight steel bridges.

Fort-Munro-Steel-Bridge-Dera-Ghazi-Khan.jpg

The road from Multan to Qila Saifullah is being improved and widened to link it up with the road network under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

The hilly portion of N-70, which was constructed in the late 19th century by the British engineers, had seven difficult turns to negotiate to climb up the high mountain of Girdo to reach For Munro or Bewata.

Japanese technology and expertise has been used to construct these eight steel bridges having a total length of 1.5 kilometres.

Back
Top Bottom